You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Élber [Élber Giovane de Souza]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Élber [Élber Giovane de Souza]

Postby kevh26 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

Well, a true legend has retired (see my avatar)

I heard he's supposed to have a place with the bayern coaching setup when he's retired from playing, has anyone heard anything about this
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:39 pm

nope :P
but it would be very nice to see him as a coach at fcb :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:37 am

During the Elber testimonial, I think Rummenigge or Hoeness said that once Elber retires, there'll be a spot waiting for him at Bayern.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:18 am

Elber , Tarnat , Kahn , Scholl all these players should have a post at Bayern after their retirement.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:07 am

Don`t forget Effenberg!! and all the players from 2001 squad.. `cause they have a special part in my heart!! :)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:43 pm

effenberg wouldn't get a managerial or coaching post at any club if i had my way, the man's a legend and did fantastic for Bayern, but off the pitch he just can't be taken seriously!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 pm

kevh26 wrote:effenberg wouldn't get a managerial or coaching post at any club if i had my way, the man's a legend and did fantastic for Bayern, but off the pitch he just can't be taken seriously!

I would disagree with this. It's true that he can be a jerk, but he was a great leader with super vision. Kev, maybe we would agree that he'd make an excellent assistant manager? ;)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:58 pm

the only way i'd make him a manager of any description would be if there was a more dominant figure above him...but hoeness is leaving the general manager role soon and I don't think olli would be!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:46 pm

Olli will be a great dominant figure, not as much as Beckenbauer, but he'll outmuscle Hoeness in a few years. The passion he has for the club is rare :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 pm

Elber becomes a Bayern scout

Former Bayern Munich striker Giovane Elber has been recruited by the German giants to work as their South American scout, it was revealed on Sunday.

The 35-year-old Brazilian scored 133 goals in 260 matches, for both Bayern and VfB Stuttgart, to become the most prolific foreigner in Bundesliga history and retired last year having spent seven seasons in Munich.

He told German daily newspaper Bild about his latest role.

‘I have a new job, on Thursday I met (Bayern bosses) Uli Honess and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge who asked me if I could do some scouting work for them,’ said the former Brazil international, who now lives back in his native country.

‘I am very happy they have trusted me with this job, I will be on the look out for young players in South America who could interest Bayern.’

Elber lifted four German Cup and Bundesliga titles with Bayern and his old side are current league-leaders with ten points from four games.
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:22 pm

Elber is a true legend! I just wish him a good luck at his new job :o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Giovani Elber De Sousa

Postby Element » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:30 pm

INTERVIEW WITH ELBER http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 31615.html
Translated by me

TZ: Mr.Elber, Bayern are currently on A Run, What do you think can this team do?

Elber: A Lot !!!, With Performances like lately ,Bayern Can achieve a lot in the Champions league , They even can get to the Final , it is obvious that Fiorentina must not be underrated and that be must give our Best, But After that , I Think that they can do everything,In the League it is going well anyway , The first 6 months were Horrible , but now you can Enjoy every game .

TZ: Is the Current team better than the team of 2001 ?

Elber: If they Win the League and The Champions league in the end then They are as good as us , other than that , NO
You can only Measure by titles , They Might be playfully better than us , but The only things that count are Accomplishments

TZ: Are Leverkusen Going to be the Champions ?

Elber: Leverkusen are playing a Wonderful season , But I Think that they are going to crack soon , every team reaches a phase where not everything goes good , Leverkusen weren't in that phase , while Bayern have already PASSED this phase , And when you are followed By FC bayern You are going to get Nervous , they are Going to Panic soon , Believe me this is going to happen , and bayern must take advantage of that

TZ: Is Ribery Staying ?

Elber : I Hope that he stays in Bayern for a long time , It would be a shame for Bayern and throughout Germany, if such a player left the league, But I am sure taht Bayern will do everything to keep him , and i also believe that it is possible to keep him

TZ: How can Ribery be convinced of staying ?

Elber : This only works with titles, If Bayern Win titles , He will want to stay . If not , He will get disappointed .
Only having a good team is not enough

TZ: If He leaves , bayern Will need A new start A la Ribery/Robben

Elber : Yes , If He leaves they are going to need a new superstar , But they are not going to get another Ribery , also that he was angry being on the bench , this showed his character, This is better for me than a player who Sits quietly on the bench and get paid .
I must say Ribery and Robben are Great and Nerlinger was Right when he said that this offense is the one of Europe's Best

TZ: Is Diego A Potential successor ?

Elber : Yes , Mostly Because that he Knows the league , This will fit well

TZ: Not Being Fit happened with Breno , who was Your Suggestion , Now he plays in Nurnberg

Elber : It is normal For a Kid who Came from Brazil to need some time, But I Still believe That there is going to be something between Breno and Bayern
===========
Great interview

I Loved his answers on
" Is the Current team better than the team of 2001 ?

and on
" Are Leverkusen Going to be the Champions "
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Put Elber and take Gomez off and you will win the next 10 Champions League editions

BTW, I agree with EVERYTHING he has said.

Thanks for the translation, Element :wink:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby armbrust » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 am

Nice interview, thanks for posting it.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby appudds » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Nice point to point answers Elber! :)
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion