You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Edson Braafheid

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Edson Braafheid

Postby Klose16 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 am

Do you think this left back is good enough for the first team right now? Or do you prefer Pranjic at this moment?
Klose16
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Edson Braafheid

Postby nur4bayern » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:04 am

Braafheid isn't good enough to be on the reserve team. Pranjic hasn't impressed very much either that is why so many of us here are calling for the FCB braintrust to buy a quality RB, like Rafinha, so Lahm can return to his natural position of LB.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Klose16 wrote:Do you think this left back is good enough for the first team right now? Or do you prefer Pranjic at this moment?

Both Totally Suck ,But I Prefer Braafheid over Pranjic
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Element wrote:Both Totally Suck ,But I Prefer Braafheid over Pranjic

Both suck! So its a draw!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm

At least the Dutchman does his defensive job decently, so he would be reasonably useful as a back-up for either Lahm or a new LB that might be coming in - depending on which flank the management and the coach wanna ultimately see Lahm at and for which side they decide to buy a reinforcement. Something you can't say about Pranjic, too weak defensively as left-back, too much and too good competition for a more offensive position on the left flank. Seems like a completely pointless transfer to me thus far.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 pm

MrLinky wrote:At least the Dutchman does his defensive job decently, so he would be reasonably useful as a back-up for either Lahm or a new LB that might be coming in - depending on which flank the management and the coach wanna ultimately see Lahm at and for which side they decide to buy a reinforcement. Something you can't say about Pranjic, too weak defensively as left-back, too much and too good competition for a more offensive position on the left flank. Seems like a completely pointless transfer to me thus far.

Hate to disagree with you but I haven't seen the good defense you talk about, especially the last two matches he played in.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:14 pm

nur4bayern wrote:Hate to disagree with you but I haven't seen the good defense you talk about, especially the last two matches he played in.

I don't know how you interpret it, but in my book there's a slight difference between "good" and "decent", which is what I was talking about. Compared to the other available full-backs, except for Lahm (Lell ?, Gorlitz ?, Altintop ?, Pranjic ?), he does a better job defensively. His positioning needs improvement, and he goes into duels a bit too harshly at times, causing unnecessary dangerous situations for his own team, in the form of free-kicks close to the 18-yard box. That would be my 2 main points of criticism in his defensive performance, offensively he's clearly useless - judging from what we've seen so far. You also have to take into consideration his transfer only cost us 2 million, can't expect any miracles from him.

Obviously he's not gonna be our ultimate salvation for the full-back problem, he hasn't shown enough for that, but as I said - defensively only, I haven't seen him as poor as some of you on here apparently have and I wouldn't mind having him in the squad as a LB back-up, getting his 10 games per season. Have any specific situation in mind, when you talk about his poor defence in the last two matches ?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:22 am

MrLinky wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:Hate to disagree with you but I haven't seen the good defense you talk about, especially the last two matches he played in.

Obviously he's not gonna be our ultimate salvation for the full-back problem, he hasn't shown enough for that, but as I said - defensively only, I haven't seen him as poor as some of you on here apparently have and I wouldn't mind having him in the squad as a LB back-up, getting his 10 games per season. Have any specific situation in mind, when you talk about his poor defence in the last two matches ?

Against Rot-Weiss Oberhausen he was beaten several times, against Freiburg he was late getting back when Reisinger scored.
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:51 am

TOTALLY, All he deserves is just bench!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Braafheid fined by Celtic for semi-final walkout

On-loan defender Edson Braafheid left Hampden on Saturday before his team's 2-0 defeat to Ross County, after learning he wasn't even on the bench.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/169610-braafheid-fined-by-celtic-for-semi-final-walk-out/
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby floriangoetz87 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:28 am

After Braafheid's loan to Celtic this season, what are the chances of him being on the bench, let alone the starting eleven this next season?
floriangoetz87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Edson Braafheid says that he is going to fight for A Starting Spot and that he is ready to fight for his chance

Oh God #-o
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Slemba » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Element wrote:Edson Braafheid says that he is going to fight for A Starting Spot and that he is ready to fight for his chance

Oh God #-o

Everyone has the right to dream :lol:
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion