You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Postby Achilles » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Honestly i am quite impressed from D.Costa skills and versatility in these two friendlies i didn t expect him too be so good and so involved in the game,he is adjusting into the team rapidly and this will be an immense boost for our team if he keeps up it up like this, being a super sub and at the same time ready for a starting role.

I wish that this is just a start from him and hopefully he will become our new Ze Roberto :D
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Costa is, perhaps, the embodiment of our scouts doing their jobs right. We needed a player who can beat his opponent out wide both on the left and the right and by jove, we got one.

Give the guy a bit of time, of course - making a fool of a 17-year old Italian coached by Roberto "What Midfield?" Mancini is one thing. But however he pans out, he is exactly what we wanted on the market and that is a satisfying thing to say.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:01 pm

I was happy to see that the talk about him being a pressing monster was right. He pressed for the ball like a madman this two games. If we get Vidal we will be the ultimate pressing team :D
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby theundead » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm

^is he playing with the little red audi toy car in that picture? :D *Vroom Vroom* :P
Last edited by theundead on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Relax! It's preseason...

It's something else to perform in competition where he has never been a starter... He was not bad, yes, but he still has to work on his accuracy in both shots AND crosses/passes...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm

#12 wrote:Relax! It's preseason...

It's something else to perform in competition where he has never been a starter... He was not bad, yes, but he still has to work on his accuracy in both shots AND crosses/passes...

I don't disagree but early signs are positive, his speed, workrate and defensive commitment are very encouraging.
PunkCapitalist

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:40 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Relax! It's preseason...

I don't disagree but early signs are positive, his speed, workrate and defensive commitment are very encouraging.

Absolutely... why not get excited about what could be? If you can't be hopeful and excited, what's the point of being a fan?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 pm

I don't know what "fans" you've experienced, but the whole point of being a fan is so that you can see how green the grass is on the other side. Mmmmm look at that grass you don't have...
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

nm462272 wrote:Absolutely... why not get excited about what could be? If you can't be hopeful and excited, what's the point of being a fan?

Nah - I get excited when I see awesome soccer... Not by imagining it... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:54 pm

#12 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:Absolutely... why not get excited about what could be? If you can't be hopeful and excited, what's the point of being a fan?

Nah - I get excited when I see awesome soccer... Not by imagining it... ;)

I mean... I watched him play awesome soccer, but okay ;)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, maybe I expect too much because I simply adore Ribéry (and Robben, for that matter), but I saw someone who has solid abilities fight hard... We'll have to see if this fighting is enough, or if there's more talent that we (I) haven't seen yet - but so far it's nothing to make me ecstatic... Then there's what I already said: there's too much shot dispersion - if you know what I mean... ;)
We've had many players that had one good preseason and then were never seen again... But if he keeps it up, might at least be a solid replacement to ignite more fire on opposing defensive lines in the second half or so...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:10 pm

#12 wrote:Well, maybe I expect too much because I simply adore Ribéry (and Robben, for that matter), but I saw someone who has solid abilities fight hard... We'll have to see if this fighting is enough, or if there's more talent that we (I) haven't seen yet - but so far it's nothing to make me ecstatic... Then there's what I already said: there's too much shot dispersion - if you know what I mean... ;)
We've had many players that had one good preseason and then were never seen again... But if he keeps it up, might at least be a solid replacement to ignite more fire on opposing defensive lines in the second half or so...

Let's face it. No one is going to properly fill Robbery's shoes for a while. They are among the best wingers of all time (plus the market is extremely tough right now).
PunkCapitalist

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Sure, he needs to work on his accuracy - but I think that will come with time, as he learns other player's movements and patterns. I liked what I saw, as far as his abilities to:

1. Go one-on-one
2. Speed
3. Low, hard crosses
4. Press opposition and help on defense
5. Versatility on left and right

Not expecting him to replicate Robben or Ribery, of course ;) but he'll certainly be dangerous against most teams Bayern plays 8)

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Well, it'd be a shame if he was useless - he cost a frigginn fortune... :D

The one-on-one is another thing bothering me - he's doing it, but I think he might have a harder time being successful later on... Speed was never his "problem" (of course, more is always better :P )
He most likely WILL be a starter some way or another in the first few games - and he needs to make an impression if he wants to become a regular starter... It's certainly going to be interesting (also, I think we'll get Vidal and maybe one more new player...)
August 14th - 3 more weeks... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:26 pm

#12 wrote:Well, it'd be a shame if he was useless - he cost a frigginn fortune... :D

The one-on-one is another thing bothering me - he's doing it, but I think he might have a harder time being successful later on... Speed was never his "problem" (of course, more is always better :P )
He most likely WILL be a starter some way or another in the first few games - and he needs to make an impression if he wants to become a regular starter... It's certainly going to be interesting (also, I think we'll get Vidal and maybe one more new player...)
August 14th - 3 more weeks... ;)

Let's assume he's playing on LW to start the season... a few big games will be Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg again, and then Dortmund at the end of September, not to mention two Champions Leagues games (these are all before the end of September... who knows how long Ribery is out). They'll all be a good test for him - hopefully he can continue his good preseason form 8)

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion