You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Diego Contento

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Diego Contento

Postby appudds » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:18 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:And buy another backup ?how many times are we going to do this ?

No need for dt.. We have great talents in our reserve team who can fill the back-up spot...
If you want a world class LB who can play for another 10 years its gotta be Zhirkov or Clichy... Both of them arent realistic transfers ATM.... Whereas players like Abidal or Maxwell are more realistic.... Dats y
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby cruz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 am

do we need another back up on that position? HELL NAH
do we need world class players there? HELL YEAH

appudds wrote:
shpati_L1 wrote:buy another backup? how many times are we going to do this ?

No need for dt.. We have great talents in our reserve team who can fill the back-up spot...

=D>
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 am

I'd like Contento and Kroos to be the next Badstuber and Muller.
Alaba should get loaned to a 2nd division team
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm

I would love for all of our youngsters to play in first XI and win everything for the next 10 years...

but that is not likely isnt it ?

For the last time...WE NEED WORLD CLASS PLAYERS!

We dont have time to give a chance to 10 youngsters to prove their worth as a LB [last season 5 people played as LB...Pranjic, Braafheid, Contento, Badstuber, Alaba] and in the end Badstuber is LVGs first choice!!!

Do you want to see Badstuber as LB next season?...I know I dont!

And stop kidding yourself about Contento...this guy has the potential but he is far away from Lahm or other world class full backs when they were his age.

I believe he could break into first XI if he goes to loan in some top bundesliga club...and than comes back.

But hey I am sick and tired of giving chances to every "top talent aka prospect" from our youth academy.

How many Lell`s are you willing to try out? and give a chance to ?...

Just buy world class LB and everything can be good again...there are quite few realistic targets that are 10x better than our best LB so why not buy him when we have the money?...

Mark my words...If we dont buy world class LB we will regret it next season.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Viperx » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Sh0ll7 ,

Perhaps your about or contento ..
and you are right about our borad's policy concerning potential youth prospects.
But...
i think Contento is far from being another Lell case .
in the playing time he got he showed alot of sparks , and its propbly the best solution to loan him out.
but still , the youngsters should get their chance .
In my point of view , i prefer giving youngsters that we have the chance , and bring in world class players in other postions like Strikers that we lack the quialty .
Viperx
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby armbrust » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Well who knows maybe he will be another lell or another lahm, i think its a good thing that we find this out here.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby cruz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I would love for all of our youngsters to play in first XI and win everything for the next 10 years...

but that is not likely isnt it ?

For the last time...WE NEED WORLD CLASS PLAYERS!

We dont have time to give a chance to 10 youngsters to prove their worth as a LB [last season 5 people played as LB...Pranjic, Braafheid, Contento, Badstuber, Alaba] and in the end Badstuber is LVGs first choice!!!

Do you want to see Badstuber as LB next season?...I know I dont!

And stop kidding yourself about Contento...this guy has the potential but he is far away from Lahm or other world class full backs when they were his age.

I believe he could break into first XI if he goes to loan in some top bundesliga club...and than comes back.

But hey I am sick and tired of giving chances to every "top talent aka prospect" from our youth academy.

How many Lell`s are you willing to try out? and give a chance to ?...

Just buy world class LB and everything can be good again...there are quite few realistic targets that are 10x better than our best LB so why not buy him when we have the money?...

Mark my words...If we dont buy world class LB we will regret it next season.

I'm not saying we shouldn't buy no classy players, man U won't hear that from me tho :wink:

Just read what I've been writing on other topics about that specific position...

But, knowing our board, maybe it's possible that we don't sign a big name, I said MAAAYBEEEEE!!!! :?

now, I see that Contento is gifted, and if we wouldn't do anything on the transfer market, he's my first choice for that position, cuz I'd like to see Badstuber as a CB... that's what I wanted to say..

Got me now? :D
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Contento should not start , at least without signing A World class Top CB

I like starting Youngsters , but for every 1 or 2 youngsters , there must be 1 TOP player

Mueller and Badstuber started , but we got Robben

Now If we Want to start Contento , we should Get A TOP CB

(in other Words , Brede Hangeland would be the worst one in this category , And hangeland is Better than Demichelis and DVB together)

SilentStrike wrote:Alaba should get loaned to a 2nd division team

or to St pauli or other low 1st Division club , because he will paly against the good team and also we will meet him 2 times in the BL , which Gives LVG personally a real and closer look
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 pm

I did not say dont give our youngsters a chance...

They need their chance and that is the right philosophy...

But the way of giving him a chance is not like we did it with...

Rensing, Lell etc....etc...

Contento is young and he still has a time to develope and to become great LB...

But our priority is not to offer a chance to a youngster...but to be competitive and to work in favor of our club.

If you bring world class LB...Like Zhirkov, Clichy , Abidal etc...to secure that position

And if Contento manages to learn from them and becomes better player than those mentioned above...than he deserves to be in first XI and deserves to play.

I just dont want our board to make the same mistake as they did with Rensing when they were 100% that he will be as good as Kahn or perhaps close to Kahn...
We all seen how that worked out...a season without a trophy!

It is about competition...

I dont care if Contento plays next year in first XI...if he shows he is great and we can count on him...than let him be in First XI just like Muller and Badstuber...
But you need to know that Muller had the competition like Hamit, Gomez, Klose etc...And when LVG plays him in first XI than you must know he deserves it!

And last time I checked Contento is not even starter at LB position...Badstuber played in the Finals...and Badstuber plays for NT as LB...Contento is not even there...so you cant be sure he will be great for us.
This kid only had few good games when others were injured...he did not play there for whole season like Badstuber or Muller who proved that they are capable of becoming great.

I say...bring in world class LB and play Contento as his sub...or Loan him out [like Cruz said] and play Braafheid/Pranjic/Badstuber/Alaba in case that world class LB does not play.

We have a lot of options at LB position...that is our most "crowded" position...and none of our 5 LBs showed not even half what Lahm showed as RB or last year as LB.
That is clear indicator that we need to buy better LB to cover that gap.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby vijay92 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:But our priority is not to offer a chance to a youngster...but to be competitive and to work in favor of our club.

If you bring world class LB...Like Zhirkov, Clichy , Abidal etc...to secure that position

They are not world class. there arent any world class left back available. Zanetti, wont come, evra wont either and and ashley cole has too many off the pitch problems. can anyone tell me about a world class left back who is available?
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

So in your oppinion there are only 3 or 4 world class LBs in the world?

Zanetti, Evra, Cole...and that is it?
sch0ll7

Postby vijay92 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 pm

yh, there arent that many real world class left back. There might be good left back but world class are player who are brilliant in their position. In my opinion for sure zhrikov, clichy and Abidal are not world class left backs
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Let's not get into the challenge of defining "world class".... and who is one and who isn't...

The point is that, as Sch0ll7 clearly mentioned, FCB, as a club who always wants success and considers being 2nd in the BL and advancing to the CL last eight a definitely unsuccessful outcome, should not be counting on an unproved -no matter how much talented- youngster as our starting LB for the next year...

We should hunt a great LB/RB and plan on him.... Of course, if Contento or any other youngsters improve and gets better than our main players, we can use them too... but counting on them beforehand would be a huge mistake...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:50 am

We feel it might not happen..
But Contento was born Italian right (Even though he has German citizenship)? Maybe, (ONLY MAYBE), he would like to play in his country...
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion