You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Diego Contento

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Diego Contento

Postby Element » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Element wrote:Contento is Back again

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 67470.html

Is he just back in training or will he be match-fit?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:12 pm

dambun wrote:Is he just back in training or will he be match-fit?

he is back in training

and trained fully with other palyers

However , i dont think that he will play because LVG doesnt like Bringing players back directly form injury
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Thu May 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Diego Contento has Extended his contract with Bayern till 2013

it is here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5362
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Viperx » Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

That is great news !
i hope that he will play LB next season .
i have alot of faith in this kid !
Viperx
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bayernman » Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 pm

contento is real talented LB,he is good in crossing and in defense he is solid,great talent,i hope next year there will be some other talented young players from bayern school,like muller and badstuber both of them played regulary this season and they deserved a call from loew for garmany naitonal team,realy great talents,muller is now big star of bayern he scores 14times
bayernman
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Slemba » Thu May 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Why he extended for just 2 years not 4 ?
I don't wanna this guy to waste his time as a backup , the ideal scenario would be bringing a world-class LB or RB and loaning out Contento so he can develop in peace .. Mark my words this guy is gonna be better than any FB u've ever seen .Damn he soo confident of himself ,super fast and highly technical.

Guys..this dude is really cool =D>
Off Topic: Element or Avatarx could u plz edit Ribery contract status in the "Bayern player contracts" thread. #-o
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Thu May 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Slemba wrote:Off Topic: Element or Avatarx could u plz edit Ribery contract status in the "Bayern player contracts" thread.

Yes , i edited Thomas Kraft and Contento's Status But Forgot Ribery's , MY BAD

Done now
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby cruz » Sun May 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Viperx wrote:That is great news !
i hope that he will play LB next season .
i have alot of faith in this kid !

=D>
me as well!
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Contento to solve LB problem?

Postby vijay92 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 am

Lot of people say Bayern need to buy a left back. however I think contento should be given a chance to start next year, he has shown this year that he can perform in pressure moment like his impressive performance at schalke. He has shown a good footballing brain and also has shown a great habit of winning the ball.

Some people say Contento should be loaned out but I feel contento should be given a go in the starting eleven next because there arent too many top left back available and except lahm he is the only one natural at left back in the current squad . This would also allow badstuber to play at centre back

He could be Bayern future at left back for the coming years

What do you think?
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Contento to solve LB problem?

Postby imicus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 am

IMO it is so bad to bench a young player who can become a good defender as to throw him too early into the responsability of being the official starter in this club. In an overall view I think that it is quite risky to have two youngsters at the same time in our defence, considering Badstuber will get the spot surely next season in the centre. My best option would be signing a good right back, taking Lahm back to the left, and keeping Contento as his backup, giving him a good number of matches to let Philim rest, cause we do not realize that Lahm has player almost every match during last season, and he can break at some point if we do not look for a second player who can give him some rest, for example, some cup games, in second halves and first round in the CL.

Finally I am sure Contento will make a place for him in the squad for years, but let him grow steadily
imicus
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Contento to solve LB problem?

Postby Slemba » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:51 am

I think Contento is a hot prospect and has the potential to be a world-class LB ..

I think the best is to sign a world-class LB with Brafhied as a sub and LOAN Contento to a 1.Bundesliga team so that he can develop in peace.

An alternative option if we are not going to sign a world-class LB then Contento must start over Braffhied and Badstuber who is better as CB.

N.B. I created a poll about how to solve our long lasting FB problem .
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Slemba wrote:I think the best is to sign a world-class LB with Brafhied as a sub and LOAN Contento to a 1.Bundesliga team so that he can develop in peace.

Dats wat me and ELement are telling....
But a solid 29-31 year old LB.. Loan contento out for some 2-3 seasons and by that time, we will use the new LB..
After 2-3 years, we can sell dt LB and bring back contento as a starter!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 pm

appudds wrote:After 2-3 years, we can sell dt LB and bring back contento as a starter!

And buy another backup ?how many times are we going to do this ?
Just bring a world class full back that is going to be here for 10 years.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Element » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:37 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:And buy another backup ?how many times are we going to do this ?
Just bring a world class full back that is going to be here for 10 years.

Agree With you

However , I Agree With Appudds as A Plan B

If We Fail to get A TOP young LB (Zhirkov , Clichy or Even Taye Taiwo)

then Signing one of the Top older ones (Abidal)

and after he retires , Contento will become the Starter for the 10 years after that !!
============================
I Mean This plan B is surely better than Putting Badstuber as LB or even Contento directly as lb
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion