You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Diego Contento

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Diego Contento

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

I think he has the prospect to be in good for us and can bring us a lot.

He really did not play bad in last two matches...he was solid but you cant expect he will be like Lahm in such short time.

He needs time and than we can say if he is good or if he is just another Lell, Gorlitz, Rau etc...

One thing I like about him that he is not afraid of going forward and look for little risk...Braafheid and Badstuber are not that kind of players and you can see that those two are CBs..while Contento is LB and likes to connect with other players in attacking roles.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Contento in two matches did more than Pranjic, Braafheid and Lell together in all the entire season. I think soon we will be looking for a CB and not a RB/LB.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Slemba » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 pm

shileno wrote:Contento in two matches did more than Pranjic, Braafheid and Lell together in all the entire season. I think soon we will be looking for a CB and not a RB/LB.

Can't agree more =D>
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vxg7826 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 am

It is very risky for Bayern to start with such young players: badstuber and contento. I would agree on one of them but for the second, never! We need a LB/RB desperately and that is a fact. Look at Arsenal - a bunch of young players who will most likely never win a trophy... We can't agree on that!

Even Muller (who has been extraordinary this season) in CHL matches was a shadow... he did nothing against: Bordeaux, Juventus (first leg), and against Fiorentina. That's what I'm talking about - tough matches in which young players are not capable to challenge...

Otherwise, I support the idea to progressively engage young players into the team, but not so rapidly.

Thank you,
V.
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:39 am

Contento is fast but he needs to improve his positioning and defensive skills.

He tends to go forward a lot (usually he stands more forward than Lahm and not in the same line with him) and that could cost us against tougher opponents.
I agree that still is very early to evaluate him and decide if he is a future Lahm or Lell..
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm

I disagree with some of you.
U guys say badstuber is inexperienced, which he is... but look at that guy play.
He doesnt disapear in big matches, he plays great in every match, and I cant see any sign where he is not confident or looks inexperienced.

Badstuber is fine and plays 100x times better than a very experienced Demichelis and imo also better than a very erperienced DVB.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Element » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 pm

shileno wrote:Contento in two matches did more than Pranjic, Braafheid and Lell together in all the entire season. I think soon we will be looking for a CB and not a RB/LB.

actually , he did not convince me that much

I Think that he should Stay as bench player for now

And if we have injury problems then put pranjic as LB

SilentStrike wrote: disagree with some of you.
U guys say badstuber is inexperienced, which he is... but look at that guy play.
He doesnt disapear in big matches, he plays great in every match, and I cant see any sign where he is not confident or looks inexperienced.

True

Badstuber is our most consistent palyer , DID NOT PLAY ANY BAD GAME

last season Wolfsburg bet us 5-1 , this season Badstuber owned Dzeko and Grafite together by himself
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I am still not convinced with Contento.. Dat guy has shown nothing special to impress me that much,.,
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Ok he has 19. He has played like 2 big matches with us. He won't become Lahm in a couple of days, he needs time. Remember that Badstuber struggled a lot to get a chance and he played really bad in his first matches.

He's way better than Pranjic, Braafheid, Lell and Gorlitz and he still is a kid. If you ask me, that's enough to impress anyone.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm

I'd integrate him into the team slowly during BL matches against not-so-big teams. I wouldn't play him in the CL this year.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

idk if u noticed but vs nurnberg our players rarely passed the ball to him even though he was totally free.
Especially Badstuber.
maybe i am wrong.
and u guys are saying he is good offensively,i think he sucked going forward(this may be because they didn't give him the ball).
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:idk if u noticed but vs nurnberg our players rarely passed the ball to him even though he was totally free.
Especially Badstuber.
maybe i am wrong.
and u guys are saying he is good offensively,i think he sucked going forward(this may be because they didn't give him the ball).

Yeah, I noticed that too, instead of a quick pass to Contento, who is ridiculously fast, Badstuber and Schweini slowed the pace and worked the ball back to the right several times. Understandable to a point but if LvG wants to really integrate him into the attack we need to give him the opportunity to succeed. I'd like to see more of him but preferably in Bundesliga or Pokal matches not the CL.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby shileno » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 am

Contento was not so good offensive but he was better than any other of our fullbacks (Excluding Badstuber and Lahm). I hope he gets more confidence from the players, it can't be like that, it's unfair.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:idk if u noticed but vs nurnberg our players rarely passed the ball to him even though he was totally free

I Found Contento's Stats

He Got 67 Ball contacts !!! which is quite

badstuber got 112 Ball contacts (and he is A CB !!!)

Demichelis got 124 Ball contacts !!!!!!

This proves that the WHOLE GAME WAS WRONG , not the passing to Contneto
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm sure it won't happen again if he plays on Sunday
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion