You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Diego Contento

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Diego Contento

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:57 pm

walter wrote:well, I guess after this, Braafheid future is certainly not with Bayern. Did you guys see the horrible back pass he made in the game against Basel?

Braafheid is worse player than Lell if you ask me.

Lell had few good games last season but Braafheid didnt have 1 good game.
When opposite player comes near him he acts like scared child and passes ball to back...he never dribbles and he never tends to go forward.
That is why Ribery wasnt playing good when he started on LM position...he cant play with Braafheid on left because he is no Lahm.

We need new RB or LB...I wont say I dont believe in Contento but we must sign experienced player for that position a player that can play with Ribery on left.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 am

Badstuber is not scared and he will do for the rest of the season and I am confident in his ability to gel with Ribery. This is based on the fact that it seems more and more certain that we are not signing any players this winter break. The team seems far too happy and at peace with their effort to make any changes. LVG is a smart enough man to think long run and think about injuries etc.. However, that is still the only thing that worries me.

Anyway, i mentioned some time ago how this Bayern does not depend on one player as much as we did previous seasons, the passing system that LVG has in place, a close resemblance to total football is excellent in which case its not so one-dimensional in which the fullbacks have to work well with the wingers, its more so that they work well with Schweini and MVB same goes with Ribery. Which is why Schweini and MVB are the two most important players in the pitch for us right now. If they play bad, we suffer from it. If they play well, well the last 5 games are evidence of that. Which is why I am scared of MVB going back to his old ways and LVG still trusting him to lead the team. :cry:

Back on topic, I thought Kopplin was a better fit than Contento?. As i hear it, Contento is also quite versatile, in his ability to play many positions. I think it is pretty clear that LVG prefers players who are flexible and can play a few positions over inflexible superstars or as others put it 'experienced' players. These attributes were the basic requirements for playing total football.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby appudds » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:15 am

Lell and Brrafheid= Waste for us!
Sell both of them!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 am

walter wrote:well, I guess after this, Braafheid future is certainly not with Bayern. Did you guys see the horrible back pass he made in the game against Basel?

Yea, fortunately there was Tymo to correct his terrible mistake...

BTW Tymo is a CDM, he is NOT a RB/CB/RM, but we are getting out of topic :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

LVG should have played Braafheid as a CB and Contento as a LB in that game. Both players would probably have played better.

Contento seems to be the reverse of Badstuber. His best position is LB, but he can play LCB as well. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Contento seems to be the reverse of Badstuber. His best position is LB, but he can play LCB as well.

100% True
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:17 pm

I haven't seen the guy yet play. Is he fast? I mean is he Badstuber fast (slow), Braafheid fast (medium) or Lahm fast (truly fast)?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 pm

I would really like to see Contento as LB today :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm

I'd rate Contento as a little faster than Braafheid, but I haven't seen him much.

shileno wrote:I would really like to see Contento as LB today :D

Me too, but it's probably not gonna happen. :( At least not in the starting lineup. LVG will probably send out the usual team but with Robben instead of Pranjic.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby appudds » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:08 pm

MUTU wrote:I haven't seen the guy yet play. Is he fast? I mean is he Badstuber fast (slow), Braafheid fast (medium) or Lahm fast (truly fast)?

He's medium fast but faster than braafheid!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby thulkazal » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:18 pm

hmm rofl this guy is fast ... maybe faster then Lahm without ball xD -.- and his strength is speed ...
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:26 am

Do u know that Diego Contento's full name is

Diego Armando Contento

Good name right :wink:

Nerlinger did not know that , But TZ told him that in An interview

I Will translate and post the interview in Bayern Board news later today (Unless any other German speaking user does that)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Element wrote:Diego Armando Contento

Sounds like another LEGENDARY Player is on the making! :P
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 pm

thulkazal wrote:hmm rofl this guy is fast ... maybe faster then Lahm without ball xD -.- and his strength is speed ...

Great speed without the ball but he needs to be able to mimic that with the ball. He's not quite ready for a starting spot IMHO.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby appudds » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

nur4bayern wrote:Great speed without the ball but he needs to be able to mimic that with the ball. He's not quite ready for a starting spot IMHO.

True.. I gues van gaal should let him play with the reserves atleast till the end of the season!
appudds

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion