You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

David Alaba

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: David Alaba

Postby dambun » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:52 pm

If we are going to not give him enough playing time like the past few games... even when Gomez is ultimately lost and our midfielders are super tired, then why are we keeping him in the squad?.... It's a shame for such a talent to go to waste.... Please loan him out to a BL club immediately....

And Get Shaqiri or someone like him... we lack creativity.... and once Robbery gets more and more injured, we will have more problems...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 am

FC Bayern's very own David Alaba has won the Austrian Footballer of the Year Award! Congratulations, Alabama!

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 36671.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:21 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby hgb09 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 pm

WOW!!!! Good job!
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:36 pm

what about Alaba a lot of people saying he is a very good cm (which he definitely is) but he has admitted to being very comfortable on the flanks (LM) I honestly feel he could be our heir to Ribery. Do you think his versatility is harming him here? What do you think is his ideal position.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm

ojasmhatre wrote:what about Alaba a lot of people saying he is a very good cm (which he definitely is) but he has admitted to being very comfortable on the flanks (LM) I honestly feel he could be our heir to Ribery. Do you think his versatility is harming him here? What do you think is his ideal position.

Versatility never harmed anybody. It is a known thing that every coach likes to have at least one versatile player in his team. We've had Salihamidzic first, then we had Altintop and now we have Alaba. The versatility won't harm him, if anything it will serve to allow him more playing chances. I have personally been more impressed with his performances as a winger than as a central/defensive midfielder, but he insists that is his natural position.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

He has insisted he wants to play on the wings. I think Altintop never helped us a lot. Alaba should be zeroed in on the LM position which he plays best JH also agreed that he is best on the left of a midfield. When your growing as a players it could be harmful
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 pm

ojasmhatre wrote:Alaba should be zeroed in on the LM position which he plays best

If so, he'd have to wait until Ribery is injured or suspended to play, and that's assuming that Mueller is not played on the wings instead. I understand what you mean about it being harmful, but I don't think it's as harmful as rotting on the bench. If we had more depth, he could be loaned out. But at the time being, we can't afford to.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 am

MUTU wrote:I have personally been more impressed with his performances as a winger than as a central/defensive midfielder, but he insists that is his natural position.

Same here. Also, if Kroos is going to develop into a CM, Alaba's chances of playing there in the near future are very small.

MUTU wrote:If so, he'd have to wait until Ribery is injured or suspended to play, and that's assuming that Mueller is not played on the wings instead. I understand what you mean about it being harmful, but I don't think it's as harmful as rotting on the bench. If we had more depth, he could be loaned out. But at the time being, we can't afford to.

I don't think this is that much of a problem. He's getting enough playing time this season so far, but of course Robben was injured for a long time. We will see until the end of the season, but up till now I don't have any complaints.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ojasmhatre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Again I feel he should be utilized on the wings CM is not for him.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby medjahedm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

I still think that with the players we have eventually we should play some variation of a 4-3-3 instead of a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CDMs. Kroos, Alaba, and even Schweini are not the pure DMs that work best with that formation. In my opinion they can all play there, but unless we get a pure CAM (I dont consider Muller or Kroos to be one) like Gotze, theres no need to stick with a formation that doesnt really suit us. Playing with Kroos, Alaba and Schweini as 3 CMs would give us more unpredictability as we have more central attacking options. It would also give us more control of the midfield against tougher opposition. Of course, this means dropping one of the 3 attacking midfield slots which means playing with 2 of Muller, Ribery and Robben. I actually think this would be beneficial though as it would encourage a more balanced team rotation. Heynckes seems to like to rotate the defence much more than the midfield and offense. Basically we'd have 5 players rotating in 3 spots for the midfield (the aforementioned 3 + Tymo and Gustavo) and 3 players rotating in 2 wing spots. In addition to some striker rotation and the defence rotation, this would allow us to be competitive in all competitions.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ojasmhatre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 pm

medjahedm wrote:I still think that with the players we have eventually we should play some variation of a 4-3-3 instead of a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CDMs. Kroos, Alaba, and even Schweini are not the pure DMs that work best with that formation. In my opinion they can all play there, but unless we get a pure CAM (I dont consider Muller or Kroos to be one) like Gotze, theres no need to stick with a formation that doesnt really suit us. Playing with Kroos, Alaba and Schweini as 3 CMs would give us more unpredictability as we have more central attacking options. It would also give us more control of the midfield against tougher opposition. Of course, this means dropping one of the 3 attacking midfield slots which means playing with 2 of Muller, Ribery and Robben. I actually think this would be beneficial though as it would encourage a more balanced team rotation. Heynckes seems to like to rotate the defence much more than the midfield and offense. Basically we'd have 5 players rotating in 3 spots for the midfield (the aforementioned 3 + Tymo and Gustavo) and 3 players rotating in 2 wing spots. In addition to some striker rotation and the defence rotation, this would allow us to be competitive in all competitions.

Eventually yes but that would again be after 2-3 years till we have Robbery

I really think Alaba should play LM

Why can't the board JH and Alaba himself see he has everything to succeed on the wings. I would be very disappointed if he chooses otherwise.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 am

Keep your eyes on David Alaba - the unsung Austrian who could be Bayern Munich's next Lizarazu

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -who-could?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Stigger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:25 am

We definatly need to keep developing him as a LB! He was alittle exposed yesterday BUT with alittle training and experiance I think he could be a top 3 LB in the near future.
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

I still believe his future position will be MC...

He started on the wings just like Schweini.
He is developing his defensive skills as LB.
He has great stamina and is building up his strenght.
He is quite fast and good on/off the ball.

I can see him becoming as good as Ze Roberto was...and would like to play him as MC....Ze was great there once he was moved from the winger position to MC.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion