You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

David Alaba

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

David Alaba

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 26, 2012 7:02 am

aria wrote:I really would prefer if he stops being used in midfield or even ribery's position. He's not skilled and fast enough to become a top LW but has the perfect skillset to become world's best LB. bayern should just focus on that position for him

Not "fast" enough??!! NOT " FAST" ENOUGH???!!!! Do you even watch football? He outpaced Ribéry at times , his workrate is fantastic, and he can slot into LAM when needed,please,don't give me this shit.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: David Alaba

Postby SilverX » Sat May 26, 2012 7:03 am

aria wrote:I really would prefer if he stops being used in midfield or even ribery's position. He's not skilled and fast enough to become a top LW but has the perfect skillset to become world's best LB. bayern should just focus on that position for him

I disagree completely....

Alaba has every bit skill and speed to become a VERY good left winger. His runs down the left and his control of the ball is superb. Contento is the one that doesnt have the skill to become a winger but a damn good left back.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby the12th » Sat May 26, 2012 9:25 am

against real he outpaced Arbeloa every single time, kid's a freaking lightning fast, ad has the ability to control ball while sprinting... something even robben can't do...
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 am

I think he has the skill to become a great LW but I think he's got more potential for the LB position. I liked him when he played at LW, but while he did score a few nice (and some important) goals, he's not as dangerous a threat as a winger should be. IMO Alaba is much much more effective and dangerous in our offensive play when he has someone (Ribery) playing in front of him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Payam » Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he has the skill to become a great LW but I think he's got more potential for the LB position. I liked him when he played at LW, but while he did score a few nice (and some important) goals, he's not as dangerous a threat as a winger should be. IMO Alaba is much much more effective and dangerous in our offensive play when he has someone (Ribery) playing in front of him.

I agree. What Alaba does need to work on to become a better fullback is to work on his crosses, which have been less than okay really. The kid has potential, hopefully he isn't a one season wonder.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MUTU » Sat May 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Payam wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he has the skill to become a great LW but I think he's got more potential for the LB position. I liked him when he played at LW, but while he did score a few nice (and some important) goals, he's not as dangerous a threat as a winger should be. IMO Alaba is much much more effective and dangerous in our offensive play when he has someone (Ribery) playing in front of him.

I agree. What Alaba does need to work on to become a better fullback is to work on his crosses, which have been less than okay really. The kid has potential, hopefully he isn't a one season wonder.

They're not THAT bad. I remember a world class cross by Alaba to Robben in the Champions League semifinal 2nd leg right after he conceded that penalty.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Sat May 26, 2012 1:17 pm

MUTU wrote:They're not THAT bad. I remember a world class cross by Alaba to Robben in the Champions League semifinal 2nd leg right after he conceded that penalty.

I do remember that too, but I still believe that more often than not they tend to land in the stands rather in the box.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby quaazi » Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 pm

He is a lot better working the channels on the overlap with Ribery than he is at making a lone cross. It works, doesn't it?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby SilverX » Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
Payam wrote:

They're not THAT bad. I remember a world class cross by Alaba to Robben in the Champions League semifinal 2nd leg right after he conceded that penalty.

I agree with u MUTU, I think his crossing and overlapping of our wingers is pretty good.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

According to the Eurosport live commentary, Alaba had a fine game against Ukraine at LW, setting up a goal and being a right pain for the Ukrainian defense with his pace.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 am

quaazi wrote:According to the Eurosport live commentary, Alaba had a fine game against Ukraine at LW, setting up a goal and being a right pain for the Ukrainian defense with his pace.

He was amazing! He gave at least 3 passes that his teammates failed to take advantage of.
Btw I can see him becoming Austria's captain pretty soon he kept yelling on the older players when they do something wrong and they respond to him quiet brilliantly!

Tymo's performane was good too.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RAGHU » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am

BayernLeb wrote:Btw I can see him becoming Austria's captain pretty soon he kept yelling on the older players when they do something wrong and they respond to him quiet brilliantly!

maybe bayern captain also 8)
RAGHU
I post all the time

David Alaba

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:20 am

RAGHU wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:Btw I can see him becoming Austria's captain pretty soon he kept yelling on the older players when they do something wrong and they respond to him quiet brilliantly!

maybe bayern captain also 8)

Wasn't Sagnol captain?
3 FB captains in a row?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 am

He was yelling at Ribery at his first CL game I think:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 pm

They've totally got a bromance going, so it's cool.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion