You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dante [Dante Bonfim Costa Santos]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Dante [Dante Bonfim Costa Santos]

Postby hgb09 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:40 pm

It is not a clear denial if u ask me. I think the deal will be announced soon.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Just wait for Uli people. When he manifests in media about this question and give some indirect signals for Dante's transfer, future of Dante will be clear. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby dambun » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

:mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby ojasmhatre » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Dante will be a Bayern player patience friends, Hope we are not done here, We still need a striker a right back and a winger or a cm maybe!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:56 pm

I like this signing as well. He's cheap, he's proven he can play in the Bundesliga (Champions League TBD), and the switch hurts a rival (that will be really hurting next year). ... Although it's a shame Gladbach will be torn apart; it would be nice to have another Bundes team on the uptick.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DonFRANZZ » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:22 pm

DonFRANZZ
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:03 pm

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html

Bild are now reporting the same but saying that he's high on our wishlist. They also say that we're interested in Howedes.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby uzi716 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 am

Looks like an agreement will be announced soon. They say its a 4 year deal, a bit long for a 28 almost 29 year old but I'm happy we bought a CB.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... nte-report
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby RAGHU » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 am

ojasmhatre wrote:Dante will be a Bayern player patience friends, Hope we are not done here, We still need a striker a right back and a winger or a cm maybe!

winger signing is finished, there are lot of CMs in our squad and we require a world class Fullback like marcelo and BOMB signing for our Striker :twisted:
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby imicus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 am

I have no problem with this transfer provided that we get another Cb, Van Buyten and Breno will leave for sure, so we need two defenders, and this player seems a good option to improve the bench. The really cheap clause makes unnecessary an agreement with Borussia, so it is just a question of terms with Dante, that is all, pay the money and you get the man.

After that a CB like Howedes would be great, indeed, we could see a really exciting fight in the squad for the CB spots.
imicus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I dont know what to think about Dante...

He is clearly not some top CB...and I guess we dont need those kind of players...didnt Nerlinger say...better to buy 1 quality player than 3 average?

I mean...Looking through history we bought quite few CBs from Bundesliga...DVB [was one of best defenders in BL and captain at HSV], Lucio [was best defender in BL], Linke, Robert Kovač etc...those were all top defenders in those days.

Dante is not even top 5 CBs in the BL...we could have easily bought Alex before he joined PSG. I think it is better to wait and look for other CB options until the summer...we have still few months.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Payam » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I dont know what to think about Dante...

He is clearly not some top CB...and I guess we dont need those kind of players...didnt Nerlinger say...better to buy 1 quality player than 3 average?

I mean...Looking through history we bought quite few CBs from Bundesliga...DVB [was one of best defenders in BL and captain at HSV], Lucio [was best defender in BL], Linke, Robert Kovač etc...those were all top defenders in those days.

Dante is not even top 5 CBs in the BL...we could have easily bought Alex before he joined PSG. I think it is better to wait and look for other CB options until the summer...we have still few months.

Well, since we won't be buying Hummels any time soon (and mark my word, we never will) and Schalke selling us Höwedes will be a rather pricy affair, Dante for 4-5 million euros seems quite reasonable.
Being 28 years of age he is also somewhat experienced.

What I'm wondering is how he will fit into our system. He would want to start most games, Badstuber always plays (we should really start to wonder why he is untouchable) and Boateng does not want to play RB after the Euros. Rummenigge also recently said that he believes that DvB will extend

Itsy bitsy defenders wreck havoc on our bench?
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

4-5 milions for someone who wont get any playing time because you only bought him to replace Breno [who played like 1 minute in last 3 years] is just not rational...than it is better to keep Breno:)

Can Dante challenge Badstuber, Boateng and even DVB for starting spot? I doubt it.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 am

sch0ll7 wrote:4-5 milions for someone who wont get any playing time because you only bought him to replace Breno [who played like 1 minute in last 3 years] is just not rational...than it is better to keep Breno:)

Can Dante challenge Badstuber, Boateng and even DVB for starting spot? I doubt it.

Dante is a huge upgrade over DvB. I'd put him around Badstuber's level but below Boateng.

i still think we should let DvB leave and purchase another CB from outside German because lets face it, nobody wants to sell to us and it would take more money than its worth to buy a top defender from a BL team.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:43 am

I think 4-5M is a good move. Dante is an agressive CB who is great in headers. I'm getting a little bit tired of Badstuber. He doesn't seem to improve
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion