You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dante [Dante Bonfim Costa Santos]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Dante [Dante Bonfim Costa Santos]

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Mr.S wrote:Absolutely I consider Jupp as dumb & a pretty average coach. And I do think I am better.

LOL. At least you have some sense of humor.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:32 pm

AvatarX wrote:LOL. At least you have some sense of humor.

+1

Hot heads and frustrations can be real fatal in these kind of situations like after last night. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Mr.S wrote:Kroos & Schweni is the worst CM combo of all times.

OK, that's an interesting opinion. I guess that means any 6th division team's bench CMs would also be better than Kroos and Schweinsteiger, is that what you think?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Mr.S wrote: Kroos & Schweni is the worst CM combo of all times.

How often have they both played together at CDM?

I agree with you that Kroos should be played CAM though.

And I agree that we need Defensive cover and that needs to be a priority, even for the short term. Any more injuries, and we'd be struggling. Especially with the inexperience of Boateng, Gustavo and Badstuber.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Mr.S wrote:But he would make a great Van Buyten replacement. Van Buyten I heard gets a big salary about 4-5 Mllion. NOt sure. Dante surely doesn't get more than 0.5-1M at Gladbach. He can get 2M & I heard he has a release clause of 5-6 Million. That is VERY VERY Cheap.

He is 28,will still be good for 5-6 years. Great option as 4th sub. BL proven,would integrate well into the team.

I have seen this before. Honestly. You fixate into something and keep repeating it over and over again for no apparent purpose. Take this for example. We take it you like Dante as you have posted at least five times before and that we should buy him AT ONCE.

Reasons for this suggestions are age, transfer cost (via release clause) and salary. The last two unconfirmed according to your own words, among some other topics also unconfirmed. So we are left only with his name and age as confirmed 'sales pitch' for this transfer.

I like the name. Though that would hardly take us to Munich in May and it would hardly sell more team shirts in Brazil due to the fact that we already have other paisans in the team.

Age. He is, as you confirmed, 28. The thing is, there are quite a few other players who defend (in the center line) and will celebrate their 29 birthdays within the next 12 months around the world. So the potential to play until their early thirties is quite clearly not exclusive to this player.

Then there is the transfer cost with we might be able to correct, or at least quote from a reliable source. According to transfermarkt this player sits at 7 million, not five, not six. Not much difference but hey, we could buy a second division striker with the difference, right. I prefer not to give names because you don't care much for spelling B contests I have noticed.

The release clause in question doesn't have a date. This player has a contract until 2014, not next summer. So unless he has a release clause that is fixed for the remaining of his contract, I don't see how we can assert how much he would really cost.

Now lets talk football. You do like the player. And yet you don't mention, in any of your urgent posts, why you like him. So you probably like him because he has a good record so far. By that account, you have trashed OUR back like quite a bit. And yet OUR defenders have a far better record at NOT conceding goals while playing at home: 3 goals against for us, 7 for them. So our defenders are much better than Gladback's.

You might ask, what about while away? Our defenders and goaler have conceded 10 goals, theirs 5. EUREKA! you might say! Dante is the best defender while at home. I am sorry to say, he is not. The thing is, their record of less goals conceded at home so far this season is a team wide enterprise. The reason being that while none have as few goals scored against, they also share the second worst record of scoring while away. They pretty much park the bus and work on the counters, as you probably saw yesterday. So based on statistics, we would probably buy their tactics, which are free, and save 7 million in the process.

Even them, THAT, won't work. You have trashed our coach too. Stupid I believe you harshly called him. I wonder how you would feel about someone saying 'stupid Mr.S.' Is that what S stands for? Not nice right. Please don't call anyone stupid. They are not: Our coach's tactics are far better than his. Our record away is far better than their's. We are not only the best performing team while away so far this season, we are only three points behind them at home. Something that could easily have been solved should Neuer did not miss that first goal at home and Boateng that goal against vs. Dortmund, also at home. So you can't blame the tactics, specially sitting at top of the table.

So if our tactics put us top of the table, why are you calling our coach stupid?

Finally, and may I suggest, there are quite a few things you missed. Dante's second position is LB, but we have one of the best LB in Europe. You have trashed Boateng's RB qualities, but yet are suggesting a CB that cannot do double duties as RB should Rafinha get injured.

Then there is height. Something you have missed given the fact that our tallest player just got injured for a lengthily period. Dante is 1.88 BTW. You might have included that but I guess you forgot. Then there is his increasing transfer appraisal which might help if we buy him and help recover the cost should we need to sell.

I won't get into the counter arguments such as KHR saying NO MORE southamericans a couple of months back among other topics but I guess you forgot that too. I am surprised at this last part since there is a post where you mention Breno as being stupid and Brazilian, implying the two facts went together like oreos and milk. Now you do know Dante is Brazilian too, right? I got a bit mixed up there...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 am

tflags wrote:
Mr.S wrote:But he would make a great Van Buyten replacement. Van Buyten I heard gets a big salary about 4-5 Mllion. NOt sure. Dante surely doesn't get more than 0.5-1M at Gladbach. He can get 2M & I heard he has a release clause of 5-6 Million. That is VERY VERY Cheap.

He is 28,will still be good for 5-6 years. Great option as 4th sub. BL proven,would integrate well into the team.

I have seen this before. Honestly. You fixate into something and keep repeating it over and over again for no apparent purpose. Take this for example. We take it you like Dante as you have posted at least five times before and that we should buy him AT ONCE.

Reasons for this suggestions are age, transfer cost (via release clause) and salary. The last two unconfirmed according to your own words, among some other topics also unconfirmed. So we are left only with his name and age as confirmed 'sales pitch' for this transfer.

I like the name. Though that would hardly take us to Munich in May and it would hardly sell more team shirts in Brazil due to the fact that we already have other paisans in the team.

Age. He is, as you confirmed, 28. The thing is, there are quite a few other players who defend (in the center line) and will celebrate their 29 birthdays within the next 12 months around the world. So the potential to play until their early thirties is quite clearly not exclusive to this player.

Then there is the transfer cost with we might be able to correct, or at least quote from a reliable source. According to transfermarkt this player sits at 7 million, not five, not six. Not much difference but hey, we could buy a second division striker with the difference, right. I prefer not to give names because you don't care much for spelling B contests I have noticed.

The release clause in question doesn't have a date. This player has a contract until 2014, not next summer. So unless he has a release clause that is fixed for the remaining of his contract, I don't see how we can assert how much he would really cost.

Now lets talk football. You do like the player. And yet you don't mention, in any of your urgent posts, why you like him. So you probably like him because he has a good record so far. By that account, you have trashed OUR back like quite a bit. And yet OUR defenders have a far better record at NOT conceding goals while playing at home: 3 goals against for us, 7 for them. So our defenders are much better than Gladback's.

You might ask, what about while away? Our defenders and goaler have conceded 10 goals, theirs 5. EUREKA! you might say! Dante is the best defender while at home. I am sorry to say, he is not. The thing is, their record of less goals conceded at home so far this season is a team wide enterprise. The reason being that while none have as few goals scored against, they also share the second worst record of scoring while away. They pretty much park the bus and work on the counters, as you probably saw yesterday. So based on statistics, we would probably buy their tactics, which are free, and save 7 million in the process.

Even them, THAT, won't work. You have trashed our coach too. Stupid I believe you harshly called him. I wonder how you would feel about someone saying 'stupid Mr.S.' Is that what S stands for? Not nice right. Please don't call anyone stupid. They are not: Our coach's tactics are far better than his. Our record away is far better than their's. We are not only the best performing team while away so far this season, we are only three points behind them at home. Something that could easily have been solved should Neuer did not miss that first goal at home and Boateng that goal against vs. Dortmund, also at home. So you can't blame the tactics, specially sitting at top of the table.

So if our tactics put us top of the table, why are you calling our coach stupid?

Finally, and may I suggest, there are quite a few things you missed. Dante's second position is LB, but we have one of the best LB in Europe. You have trashed Boateng's RB qualities, but yet are suggesting a CB that cannot do double duties as RB should Rafinha get injured.

Then there is height. Something you have missed given the fact that our tallest player just got injured for a lengthily period. Dante is 1.88 BTW. You might have included that but I guess you forgot. Then there is his increasing transfer appraisal which might help if we buy him and help recover the cost should we need to sell.

I won't get into the counter arguments such as KHR saying NO MORE southamericans a couple of months back among other topics but I guess you forgot that too. I am surprised at this last part since there is a post where you mention Breno as being stupid and Brazilian, implying the two facts went together like oreos and milk. Now you do know Dante is Brazilian too, right? I got a bit mixed up there...

=D> =D> =D>
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby hgb09 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:41 am

According to this http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 06058.html, we've already signed Dante. It says that the negotiations went smoothly because of the release clause (4.6 m euros). I think this is a bargain.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Element » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 am

Good signing IMO
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:56 am

Cool, hope it's true! :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 am

It'd be lovely... if true. Van Buyten's been playing well this season, but considering his age it's unwise to put all bets on him recovering completely from his injury. I like the big Belgian, but getting another experienced centerback is a very good move.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Payam » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 am

Wow, they really want to make up for that facebook stunt they pulled, don't they? :lol:
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby dambun » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am

Payam wrote:Wow, they really want to make up for that facebook stunt they pulled, don't they? :lol:

:lol: :lol:
I had the same idea when I read this... :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am

So now we've signed two really quality players for just 13-14M???... This is niiiiceee.... :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby RAGHU » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 pm

dambun wrote:So now we've signed two really quality players for just 13-14M???... This is niiiiceee....

but is our BOMB signings finished with shaq and dante???
RAGHU
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Goal.com reports that it has been denied:

Dante's PR-agent, Leonardo Scheinkman, was quick to scupper rumours that the player had decided on a move, however.

"The reports are false," he told Der Spiegel. "There is no decision. Dante is fully committed to this wonderful season with Borussia Monchengladbach, and can imagine extending his contract."

Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl also denied the report.

"I know of nothing. I have heard from neither Bayern nor Dante, especially given that I was on the phone frequently with Dante's agent last week. Bayern has never been an issue."
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion