You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Daniel van Buyten

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Daniel van Buyten

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 am

Meanwhile, AS Roma observers have kept an eye on certain players that could join the Roman club to make it more competitive.

One such player is 29 year-old Belgian defender Daniel Van Buyten, a name that has already been linked to AS Roma and Spalletti has often declared that Van Buyten is a player whom he likes.

The Belgian defender currently has a contract with Bayern Munich but AS Roma are considering making a decent offer to bring the player to Rome.

He would certainly become an important reinforcement for the club, especially if either Chivu or Mexes, both of whom are negotiating with AS Roma to re-new their contracts, decide to quit the Giallorossi.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:37 am

He was the best man at HSV, but maybe expectations were a bit too high for him this season. More and more people are getting fed up with his mistakes, last one on the list now is Beckenbauer himself.. so who knows, maybe they will be open to transfer him.
btw, its been reported that Real Madrid showed interest in both Chivu and Mexes. So if one of those AsRoma players does leave, there would be room for Van Buyten.

Did anyone read about the new nickname the german press gave VanBuyten? They now call him Von Blunder :shock: There are also lots of articles on the present crisis at Bayern, indicating that the team-spirit is gone.. there would be some players making fun of others etc. Also the present poor form of Scheini and Nulldolski were once again reported
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:45 am

fa wrote:He was the best man at HSV, but maybe expectations were a bit too high for him this season. More and more people are getting fed up with his mistakes, last one on the list now is Beckenbauer himself.. so who knows, maybe they will be open to transfer him.

i agree with you

fa wrote:btw, its been reported that Real Madrid showed interest in both Chivu and Mexes. So if one of those AsRoma players does leave, there would be room for Van Buyten.

Real is chasing Chivu for about 2 years, but he refused them every time. Don't know about Mexes but Chivu is not leaving Roma. :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:09 pm

fa wrote: There are also lots of articles on the present crisis at Bayern, indicating that the team-spirit is gone.. there would be some players making fun of others etc.

The team spirit has been gone from the team for a long time, IMO. AS to the players making fun of others does not surprise me because I've said that I thought there was something going on behind the doors that we did not know about. What I had meant by that was players not liking each other, which I think we did hear about earlier, and making fun of someone. This behavior has to stop because that's hurting the team.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:23 pm

Lets keep our best signing for 2006 . Van Bommel is not at fault for our situation now ..Lucio either...they are both great and they should work on how to play together more.
Gorlitz is amazing as well...lets keep what we got, pizza leaves,harg leaves, sali leaves ( i really though he would end his career in bayern), bring in some superstar blood mix it with the young blood we allready have and voila ! magic !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 am

agreed
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Daniel van Buyten

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:14 pm

Rumor going around is that Borussia Dortmund is interested in getting Daniel van Buyten from Bayern. Supposely Daniel is unhappy because he is not starting, which does make sense. Then again, I read somewhere that he did not want to leave Bayern because he wants to win back his starting position from Martin. So, could van Buyten be out the door in the next transfer market? Or, could he stick around awhile longer? We shall see.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby xevi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 pm

i think he's a good cb and i would keep him.

for next year ismaël should leave and we don't know what sill happen with van buyten. after, there are 2 possibilities thinking that we have 3 CBs like lucio, demichelis and hummels fur sure:

1. van buyten stays
2. van buyten leave and we get a new CB

it's not dificult :D :D

these 2 options seems the most logical. hummels is young and becomes the 4rth cb. he won't play very much but more in comparation this season that is the 5th after ismaël. we will have 3 very good CBs and one who is making.

i have heard another possibility but i dislike a lot:
van buyten leaves and ismaël stays. he isn't bad but is old, injured all time... he isn't making nothing for our future.

i would keep van buyten one year more. i was so happy when we get him... and if he leaves... sign mertesacker... :lol:
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby juventino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 am

i hope that van buytan comes to juventus :)
juventino
Getting the hang of it

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 pm

I think we should keep him!! for the first time.. Bayern have a good bench.

by the way, hi Juventino!! welcome to the forum! you already have 9 posts though :lol:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

DVB

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:34 am

Ill always love van buyton for his 94th min goal v ac milan last year, should deffo sign mertesacker yeah
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:03 pm

What I like about Van Buyten is his build (he can't be muscled off the ball) and his height (which wins him a lot of aerial duels). However he has a big weakness in that he is quite slow for defenders at this level.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Celtic eyeing Van Buyten move

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Daniel van Buyten's agent has revealed that Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has enquired about the availability of the Bayern Munich defender.

Van Buyten, who spent four months on loan at Manchester City in 2004, isn't desperate to leave the Allianz Arena despite only making five starts for the Bundesliga giants this season.

However, the Belgian international's representative Christophe Henrotay admitted that the 29-year-old may consider his future in order to secure regular first-team football.

Strachan has a few injury problems in defence and could be forced to dip into the transfer market if Bobo Balde opts to move to Bolton, who have expressed an interest in bringing the Guinea international to the Reebok Stadium this month.

And Henrotay told The Sun: "It is true that Celtic are very interested in Van Buyten.

Gordon has been on the phone to ask me about Van Buyten.

"Daniel would like to stay with Bayern, but anything is possible because at the moment he is not playing regularly."

ITV-Football
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fcb 4eva » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:55 am

I dont know about everyone else on this forum but I would be very sad to see Van Buyton leave Bayern, think he is a great defender and will always be remembered in my eyes for the 2 goals against Milan.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby andresdonado15 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:34 am

i agree with you brooo.........he is a good defender...........he is important
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion