You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Daniel van Buyten

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby EndoFCB » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 am

In my opinion he must stay. We cant stay with only three center defender(Lucio, Demichelis, Breno).
EndoFCB

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

No doubt 4 CBs are essential, so Van Buyten should definately stay unless there's a replacement lined up. I don't think it'd be a disaster if he left though, sure those goals against Milan were great but he's been directly responsible for A LOT more goals scored against Bayern than he's been around for clutch moments like that. I admire his dedication to the team too, but honestly sometimes he just looks clueless out there. I will say that he was good filling in for Lucio before the winter break, though.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:34 pm

I think he has come a long way over the years, and looks good when partnered with Demechelis.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernJ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Premier clubs eye Van Buyten

Bayern defender draws interest from England

A number of Premier League clubs are interested in signing Bayern Munich defender Daniel van Buyten, according to the player's agent.

The Belgian international has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Bayern starting XI this season, and has been linked with a move to Celtic.

However, Van Buyten's agent Christophe Henrotay has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Fulham, Sunderland and Wigan Athletic are also keen on the 29-year-old - who had a loan spell with Manchester City in 2004.

Unhappy

"Every English club outside the big four that needs a central defender has shown an interest in Daniel," Henrotay said in the Daily Star Sunday.

"Sunderland, Everton, Wigan, Tottenham and Fulham have all contacted me about him."

Van Buyten added: "I am unhappy with my current situation."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 10,00.html
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 am

let him leave we got demichelis and lucio and breno and shit him only right ?
**** keeep him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:11 am

I agree with someone's comment about how he looks clueless out there. I thought I looked clueless because I was a blond but he looks more clueless than myself. LOL!! :lol:

Overall, he's not bad but he hasn't been the shining star that I wished he could be, but if he leaves then I won't be too disappointed.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 am

tracylynn wrote:I agree with someone's comment about how he looks clueless out there. I thought I looked clueless because I was a blond but he looks more clueless than myself. LOL!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby woody » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 am

if van buyten left us i would like to see him go to a great club like celtic
woody
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EndoFCB » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Celtic target Daniel van Buyten admits he would consider a move to the Parkhead club.

The 29-year-old Belgian defender, out of favour at Bayern Munich, is wanted by Gordon Strachan.

Van Buyten will hold talks with the German club this week but with coach Ottmar Hitzfeld leaving in the summer to be replaced by Jurgen Klinsmann, a loan deal could be the best Bayern will offer unless Celtic match a reported £4million valuation.

Van Buyten told the Scottish Sun: "Celtic is one of my options.

"I have not spoken with them but I know their coach has asked for details about me.

"Scotland is a fabulous country for football and the atmosphere is great.

Unhappy

"I arrived at Bayern with great hopes. My objective was to win a fight to win a place in the team and play in every match.

"Unfortunately, this has not been possible and I am unhappy about the situation.

"I'm working very hard every day but the coach doesn't seem to have confidence in me.

"After I speak with Bayern I will know my future but I will discount nothing.

"There's also interested clubs in England but the final decision is down to Bayern."(skysports.com)

Again i say NO. He must stay, we cant stay with only two DC and Breno who hasnt expirence in Bundesliga... :?
EndoFCB

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Van Buyten changes mind over exit

Bayern Munich defender Daniel van Buyten has decided to stay with the Bundesliga leaders, according to his agent.

The 29-year-old had been keen to move clubs due to a lack of first team opportunities, and had identified Scottish champions Celtic as his preferred option.

However, since the announcement that Juergen Klinsmann would be replacing current boss Ottmar Hitzfeld when the latter stands down at the end of the season, the Belgian centre back has decided to stay and fight for his place.

The former Marseille and Hamburg player's agent, Christophe Henrotay, said: "Daniel was considering a move to Celtic as well as other clubs in Britain but today things are a little bit different. Jurgen Klinsmann has come to Munich and doesn't think Daniel should leave.

"Celtic are an attractive proposal because of The Champions League and the size of the club but the possibility of that happening is very low. Daniel wants to play and a lot of clubs see him not playing and think they can sign him or there is a possibility of him joining them on loan or permanently.

"But the boy is not ready to leave and is not keen to leave Bayern who want to keep him.

"He is not willing to leave now because he wants to show Jurgen and be ready for the time the new manager arrives.

"Daniel thinks he can do a job for Jurgen and likes what the next manager says. If that situation changes in the future then he might have to leave.

"But he wants to prove he should play every week in Germany."

eurosport[/b]
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Daniel van Buyten

Postby MrLinky » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Van Buyten admits Arsenal linking

Reports in Thursday's press link the Gunners with a move for the towering centre-back, who had a loan spell with Manchester City in 2004.

It is claimed Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is eager to strengthen his backline after watching his side concede 15 goals in their opening 13 Premier League matches.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11890_4524049,00.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Daniel van Buyten

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 pm

YĒĒĒĒ. Arsenal is my second team! Problems with defense. PLEASE ARSENE! Send Gallas back to france! PLEASE!! He is sh*t.. Not captain[just like Bayerns captain] :D

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Daniel van Buyten

Postby MissBuyten » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 am

this topic must exist because he's just too great :)
MissBuyten
First post

What is Van Buyten family Issue??

Postby iraqi fan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:36 am

Hello fellaz...

I'm still new here... so forgive me if i post the message in the wrong section!

I just have a question please...
Does any one know the exact reason why Van Buyten couldnt play, as we knew from the news it was family issues... but what really happened...??

Please let me know...
and thanks a lot!
FC Bayern Forever Number 1
You Can Call Us The Champions Of The World
FC Bayern Forever Number 1
We Are Much Better Than The Rest
iraqi fan
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: What is Van Buyten family Issue??

Postby thulkazal » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:57 pm

His father tried to make suicide that is reason he didnt played,Daniel had to fly in Belgium
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion