You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dale Jennings

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Dale Jennings

Postby Stigger » Thu May 12, 2011 5:18 am

According to the 'daily fail' Bayern are after teenage sensation Dale Jennings.

Bayern Munich are interested in Tranmere Rovers' teenage winger Dale Jennings.
The 18-year-old was voted League One Apprentice of the Year at the Football League awards in March and only made the breakthrough into Tranmere's first team early this season. But last year's Champions League finalists are scouring Europe for the best young talent and recognise Jennings' potential. The former Liverpool trainee has blossomed under manager Les Parry's stewardship at Prenton Park scoring six goals in 29 league games including a spectacular solo effort against Plymouth last November. Barnsley had a £400,000 bid for him rejected in January with Tranmere hoping for £1million and, although his form dipped after a hamstring injury, that didn't stop a raft of other Championship and Barclays Premier League clubs posting their interest. Everton, Bolton, Wigan, West Ham, West Brom, Fulham and Huddersfield have all been regular visitors to Tranmere games. Yet it is Bayern who could step in for the Liverpudlian in a move that would see him rubbing shoulders with Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery. Bayern want to strengthen their squad after losing their title to Borussia Dortmund and are also interested in Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna.

New coach Jupp Heynckes had been keen on Newcastle's Jose Enrique but is now considering returning Philipp Lahm to left back and sees Sagna as his ideal right back. Sagna is also interesting AS Roma. Bayern, meanwhile, have increased their offer for Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer from £14.5m to £18.3m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nings.html

Even though its a crap source the guy looks interesting. Could be a Kagawa find!

Last edited by Stigger on Thu May 12, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Dale Jennings

Postby aria » Thu May 12, 2011 5:24 am

if he`s cheap then not a bad move but I don`t think he will be the first choice sub for robbery ( and he obviously should`nt)
aria
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stigger » Thu May 12, 2011 5:32 am

Shouldnt cost more than 1mil. Honestly i think he is going to be class. 18yrs old and I see a bit of Robben in him!!!
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aria » Thu May 12, 2011 6:01 am

so we will probably choose between this guy or takashi usami-
I think this guy is slightly more proven but usami greatly increases our fanbase in japan and probably is a better signing in terms of marketing and shirt sale
aria
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stigger » Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 am

I see it as a win win to sign both. Jennings can play in the reserves til he learns some German and when he is ready promote him to the senor side and/or train with the first team in which if he doesnt get enough playing time he can be loaned out during the winterbreak. He is only 18 so im sure he would be up for the opportunity. Also he can learn from Robben who can help him adapt to the German league!
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Thu May 12, 2011 6:49 am

Problem with english players are they are homesick and if he develops into a good player, he will cry to move back to England to some big team like what hargreaves did
So, i prefer Usami. Japanese players dont make big fuss about stuff
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 12, 2011 9:07 am

Stigger wrote:Even though its a crap source the guy looks interesting. Could be a Kagawa find!

Indeed, he looks quite talented
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 12, 2011 9:32 am

for only $1M he is worth the risk...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby vijay92 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

yh worth the risk but Usami would be better
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Fri May 13, 2011 3:18 am

Yea. He's a bit like Robben.
And very talented.
And we can buy him. But if we buy him, we should tie him to a long contract as i am sure if he becomes great, he will cry to move to manchester United/Chelsea, etc.. He's an english player.
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 3:57 am

Not all English players get homesick...lets not get this mindset! Hargreaves isn't exactly British. He was born/raised in Canada to English parents(but plays/played for the English national team) before he signed for Bayern. I bet Jennings would come to bayern in an instant if given the chance. Bayern is forming quite possibly the best team in the world if the signings are indeed true and he can study and learn from the best two wingers in the world!
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 am

Stigger wrote:Not all English players get homesick...lets not get this mindset! Hargreaves isn't exactly British. He was born/raised in Canada to English parents(but plays/played for the English national team) before he signed for Bayern. I bet Jennings would come to bayern in an instant if given the chance. Bayern is forming quite possibly the best team in the world if the signings are indeed true and he can study and learn from the best two wingers in the world!

Even i would love that. But, then, english players rarely move abroad or want to stay in england. So, dats why i am a bit skeptical
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 6:10 am

Same thing is said about Germans and look at Ozil and Khedira
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 am

It would really be worth it. There's nothing to lose for 1 million.

But it is the Daily Fail :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri May 13, 2011 9:11 am

There seems to be some truth to this interest.

Tranmere boss Les Parry has told Sportsmail that "There has been interest in Dale Jennings from Bayern Munich".

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nings.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion