You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dale Jennings

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Dale Jennings

Postby tranmererovers » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 pm

superwhitearmy wrote:Everyone has to make as much money off of top clubs like Bayern. Really this gets old, which is why Bayern have surprised us with getting players like Nils Petersen and Rafinha -- although we were stuck on paying high with Neuer, at least that didn't turn out as high as some expected. But for Jennings we shouldn't need to pay anything more that what we were rumoured to be paying even if the lesser club is desparate to cash in.

I think for 1.5 million he would be a bargain in todays game. You will get great service from him and be able to sell him before he reaches 25 for 30million+. Your on a winner with this signing.

Completely agree, for £1.5m, he really is a bargain. I'll be telling you one thing, if Dale does sign I'll be getting a Bayern shirt with Jennings on the back! :D
tranmererovers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Sounds like a plan -- hope he works out for Bayern. And if Dale works out to be a star and it was a bargain, then I'll eat my words, literally with hot sauce.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby superwhitearmy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:18 pm

I think for 1.5 million he would be a bargain in todays game. You will get great service from him and be able to sell him before he reaches 25 for 30million+. Your on a winner with this signing.[/quote]

Completely agree, for £1.5m, he really is a bargain. I'll be telling you one thing, if Dale does sign I'll be getting a Bayern shirt with Jennings on the back! :D[/quote]

I think there will be a lot of Tranmere Rovers fans at Prenton Park wearing Bayern Munich shirts next season :D
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby Stigger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:36 pm

superwhitearmy wrote:I think there will be a lot of Tranmere Rovers fans at Prenton Park wearing Bayern Munich shirts next season :D

Already ahead of you! Getting a Jennings shirt once it becomes official! :twisted:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... unich-move

^Coach talking about the transfer
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stigger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:47 am

West ham has made a bid for Jennings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... unich.html
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Dale Jennings will adapt to life at Bayern - Les Parry

Tranmere Rovers manager Les Parry expects teenage forward Dale Jennings to settle well at Bayern Munich, should the deal go through.

Jennings, 18, has been linked with the Bavarians since the end of last season.

Parry told BBC Radio Merseyside: "He's a quiet lad, so the German won't be a problem because he can mutter in German as well as he can mutter in English.

"You don't pay that sort of money for a player and don't look after him so he'll be well looked after."

Parry's refusal to stand in Jennings' way is not motivated by financial gain for Tranmere Rovers, but by an eagerness to allow the player to represent one of Europe's top clubs.

"I know it's money for the club but I don't want to be seen to be making him do something he doesn't want to do," said Parry.

"He said he'd love to go and it's a massive club."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tranmere_rovers/9521994.stm
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby superwhitearmy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

West Ham rumoured to be saying they will go up to £2 million apparently and offering Dale Jennings the chance to start in the first team immediately and now there are rumours that another club will offer an even better deal for him. The young player must be very confused at this time. The deal needs to be done soon - it's all getting a bit messy. Will Bayern offer more than West Ham? I think he really wants to go to Bayern but it's all getting into a bit of a bidding war.
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby Stigger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm

superwhitearmy wrote:West Ham rumoured to be saying they will go up to £2 million apparently and offering Dale Jennings the chance to start in the first team immediately and now there are rumours that another club will offer an even better deal for him. The young player must be very confused at this time. The deal needs to be done soon - it's all getting a bit messy. Will Bayern offer more than West Ham? I think he really wants to go to Bayern but it's all getting into a bit of a bidding war.

No i don't think there will be a bidding war after hearing comments today from Les Parry. It looks like Jennings is moving to Bayern very soon and Parrys comment "I know it's money for the club but I don't want to be seen to be making him do something he doesn't want to do,". So he indirectly admitted that Dale wants Bayern and they wont go into a bidding war. BUT if it does, then Bayern will outbid depending on their interest in him.

BTW

"He's a quiet lad, so the German won't be a problem because he can mutter in German as well as he can mutter in English."

ROFL...
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayern33 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:38 am

dont know what to think about this transfer if it happens. He isnt good enough for bayern starting 11, so he will go the reservers and maybe get a chance later on if he gets better.
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby superwhitearmy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am

Postby Bayern33 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:38 am
dont know what to think about this transfer if it happens. He isnt good enough for bayern starting 11, so he will go the reservers and maybe get a chance later on if he gets better.

Sometimes you've just got to take a gamble. If he signs for Bayern i think it's worth playing him in the first team quickly or maybe bring him on as sub during the 2nd half of some games to begin with. He really is very very quick both on and off the ball and very skilful as well. Obviously a lot of clubs have seen the magic in this young player and are now interested but i think Bayern were the first or certainly one of the first to notice his potential and it would be sad if they now missed out on signing him. Good Luck.
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby superwhitearmy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am

This just reported today in the local english newspaper. Sounds like Tranmere Rovers are sticking to their agreement with Bayern Munich.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/tranmere-ro ... -28938849/
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby superwhitearmy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 pm

superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby Payam » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:26 pm

superwhitearmy wrote:More news on the deal.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... gs-1715811

I would advice you to not even glance at the articles of tribalfootball, the articles are more fictitious than the novels of Dan Brown. :lol:
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby superwhitearmy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 pm

I would advice you to not even glance at the articles of tribalfootball, the articles are more fictitious than the novels of Dan Brown. :lol:

Ha Ha good point. Just putting links on any new articles i see but i'll avoid tribal then. Thanks.
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

Postby superwhitearmy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Here is an interesting BBC article on Dale Jennings from back in January naming him the hottest property in English league football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... all_l.html
superwhitearmy
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion