You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dale Jennings

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Dale Jennings

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 am

If it's 1-2 M, there's nothing to lose. It's like the Petersen situation. I say go for him (and sign a long contract, please)
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Psychaz » Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 am

agreed, give him a shot, i know its a lower league but his highlights looked mighty impressive
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tranmererovers » Fri May 13, 2011 11:32 am

Hello, I myself am a Tranmere fan. All the fans are buzzing that you seem to be interested in dale, and think this would be a very good move for him with the likes of robben and ribery to learn from. However, I'm not too sure he is up to the standards of Bayern Munich. Yes, he's very talented and would take time to develop but I think he would be a good signing for you in the long term. I'd reccomend a bid of around £1-2 million as our manager would probably accept that. Any questions about Dale just reply to this.
tranmererovers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri May 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for your precious information, tranmererovers!

I actually have a number of questions about Dale Jennings:
- How fast is he? Blazing fast, quite fast, average, a bit slow, very slow?
- Is he good at crossing?
- What about his dribbling skills?
- What are his strengths and weaknesses?
- Which is the strongest opposition that he has played against? And did he deliver a good performance in this match?
- Has he sometimes played in the middle of the park as well?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tranmererovers » Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

MUTU wrote:Thanks for your precious information, tranmererovers!

I actually have a number of questions about Dale Jennings:
- How fast is he? Blazing fast, quite fast, average, a bit slow, very slow?
- Is he good at crossing?
- What about his dribbling skills?
- What are his strengths and weaknesses?
- Which is the strongest opposition that he has played against? And did he deliver a good performance in this match?
- Has he sometimes played in the middle of the park as well?

-Blazing fast, if you have a look at them videos at the start of the thread you'll realise, against MK Dons their right back had to be subbed after 25 mins because he couldn't handle him and his pace.

-He's quite alright at crossing, with him being right footed and playing on the left wing he usually tends to cut inside quite a lot and we have a left back who is a very good crosser so usually leaves the crossing to him.

-He has very good dribbling skills. He will take on men easily and has very good control of the ball and when he recieves the ball the fans stand up and get excited as he's going to do something magical. If you want to have a look at his dribbling skills just watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axnY3auo ... re=related

- His strengths have to be his pace and his dribbling ability. His weaknesses are sometimes he gets a bit fustrated as the opposition team tend to double mark him as they are aware of the danger he could cause to them.

- His strongest opposition either have to be against Southampton or Brighton (both achieving promotion). You could see his goal on the start of the thread against southampton which was magical and against the champions brighton, it was only a couple of weeks after his debut when he was 17 but if i remember rightly, he tore them to pieces and they couldn't handle him.

- He hasn't played in the middle of the park really. Tranmere tend to play a 4-5-1 and Jennings always plays on the left wing. His natural position is a striker though, and in the youth and reserve teams he's always been top scorer whilst playing in his natural position. This season in the reserves he has only played 6 games and and is their top scorer with 7 goals!

One final thing, if you have a look at his goals to game ratio it isn't the best, but if you take in mind he's playing on the wing in a struggling side, it's quite good. If he was played in his natural position he would score a lot more goals.

Also, here's an interesting blog about him from January if you'd like to read it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... all_l.html

I hope i have been useful, any other questions I would be happy to answer. :)
tranmererovers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri May 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Woah! Thanks a lot for your input :) He sort of reminded me of Bale against Inter there :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

MUTU wrote:There seems to be some truth to this interest.

Tranmere boss Les Parry has told Sportsmail that "There has been interest in Dale Jennings from Bayern Munich".

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nings.html

YES!!!!! I'm happy we are finally linked with a English talent!!!!
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby medjahedm » Fri May 13, 2011 3:37 pm

IMO we should pick up both him and Usami. Theyre exactly the type of player we should be looking at instead of over paying for other clubs' talents. With Heynckes coming next year and the increased squad rotation theyll have more than enough chances to prove themselves considering how injury prone our wingers are.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby medjahedm » Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Hahahahahahha check out his wikipedia page it already says hes playing for Bayern :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Jennings_(footballer_born_1992)
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

"Dale Jennings (born 21 December 1992 in Liverpool, United Kingdom) is an English football striker and also a Winger, currently playing for Bayern Munich."

We that's strange because it states also "On 12th May 2011 it was reported that German giants Bayern Munich had contacted Tranmere about taking Jennings on a short term trial with a view to a permanent signing during the summer transfer window."

So its a really a trial they want to give him. O well i hope he shows what he can do and sign a long term deal!
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri May 13, 2011 3:51 pm

medjahedm wrote:Hahahahahahha check out his wikipedia page it already says hes playing for Bayern :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Jennings_(footballer_born_1992)

It's because anyone can go in and edit it. I have reverted the change by the joker who did it :) It is not even possible for him to already be playing for Bayern Munich.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Its probably medjahedm :twisted:

joking ;)
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Stigger » Fri May 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby medjahedm » Fri May 13, 2011 4:06 pm

MUTU wrote:It's because anyone can go in and edit it. I have reverted the change by the joker who did it It is not even possible for him to already be playing for Bayern Munich.

Haha i know i just thought it was funny.

Stigger wrote:Its probably medjahedm

joking

Who knows? ;) Nah but it wasnt me haha

Stigger wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 483996.stm

Very reliable site!!!!

Well it seems the interest is genuine so lets see if anything concrete develops!
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Fri May 13, 2011 4:09 pm

The good thing is that he plays in a low league

so he wont mind playing for Bayern II

BTW i loved his dribbling in the link tranmererovers posted
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion