You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Cüneyt Köz

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Cüneyt Köz

Postby AvatarX » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Mr.S wrote:No need to sell him if he chooses the country of origins. Turkey is the country he originates from,Germany where his from. Could choose either,I dont think I have any right to question it.

Agreed. Personally in a situation like this I would pick my own country rather than that of my ancestors, but who am I to judge him and say that his decision is wrong? Not everyone has the same opinion about situations like this.

The problem is which is your country? The country you have born and raised or the country of your parents? That's a real dilemma ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Mr.S wrote:No need to sell him if he chooses the country of origins. Turkey is the country he originates from,Germany where his from. Could choose either,I dont think I have any right to question it.

Agreed. Personally in a situation like this I would pick my own country rather than that of my ancestors, but who am I to judge him and say that his decision is wrong? Not everyone has the same opinion about situations like this.

Don't you think it's weird that they only opt to play for Turkey when they realise they don't have a chance to play for Germany? A number of German-Turks playing for Turkey have represented Germany in youth levels (Ömer Toprak, Mehmet Ekici and Cenk Tosun to name but a few). This indicates they did not really follow their heart and they are international mercenaries, which is the worst. In my opinion, FIFA should modify the rules to stipulate that if a player has played for a national team at any youth or senior level and in all kinds of competitions (including friendlies), then that person may NOT switch nationality. If we had this rule in place, Germany's selection pool would have been bigger...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Greek Bavarian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Don't you think it's weird that they only opt to play for Turkey when they realise they don't have a chance to play for Germany? A number of German-Turks playing for Turkey have represented Germany in youth levels (Ömer Toprak, Mehmet Ekici and Cenk Tosun to name but a few). This indicates they did not really follow their heart and they are international mercenaries, which is the worst. In my opinion, FIFA should modify the rules to stipulate that if a player has played for a national team at any youth or senior level and in all kinds of competitions (including friendlies), then that person may NOT switch nationality. If we had this rule in place, Germany's selection pool would have been bigger...

This is it. They choose national team depending on the benefits they will have. They don't care about their origins.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 pm

They got their footballing education in Germany and their development was funded by the DFB and German clubs, so there is some degree of gratitude. Or should be, at least.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 pm

AvatarX wrote:The problem is which is your country? The country you have born and raised or the country of your parents? That's a real dilemma ...

This is why I believe it is ok to allow them to choose. For me it would be the country I was born and raised in, for others it might be different.

MUTU wrote:In my opinion, FIFA should modify the rules to stipulate that if a player has played for a national team at any youth or senior level and in all kinds of competitions (including friendlies), then that person may NOT switch nationality.

While I agree with this, I would say that it shouldn't be any youth level, but rather U-21 or something like that. At that age they are adults and can choose where their heart lies. At, say, U-16, they might not be ready to leave the country they are living in just yet.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:59 pm

In my opinion, when they are young they are more likely to choose with their hearts. Now, if they are undecided then they should refuse to play for NTs until they are sure.

Turkey is not only stealing talent from Germany but they are also halting progress of German youngsters because they first take the place of players who actually want to play for Germany and then they go and play with Turkey.

If you've chosen your allegiance then you shouldn't be allowed to change.

Of course this is mostly off topic as Koz has never represented Germany at any level.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Now, if they are undecided then they should refuse to play for NTs until they are sure.

This could be another solution
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 am

Cüneyt Köz, who left FC Bayern II last summer for Dynamo Dresden in the 2. Bundesliga has been loaned out to 3rd division side Prussia Munster. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Didn't know he left Bayern. Getting loaned to a lower division doesn't sound that good. :(
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion