You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Corentin Tolisso

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Corentin Tolisso in his interview for UEFA:

I know that I have to work hard to play. I hope to stay at Bayern as long as possible because we know that the best players are those who can stay at a big club for a long time.If I manage to stay at Bayern for a long time then at the end of my career I can say that I was a good player. I always wanted to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world and that's what I'm doing now.If someone told me ten years ago that I would be Bayern Munich's record signing, I would not have believed it.

It was also a bit difficult to leave Lyon. Suddenly I realised that my time there is up and that I had to move on and grow up. My family and friends are not around the corner anymore now, When you do this job you know that you can move abroad and have to adapt.The biggest problem for me here is the language. My English is not perfect and not all players speak French, with the exception of Ribéry, Coman and also Rafinha speaks it a bit. I admit, it's sometimes hard to communicate with my teammates because I do not speak German.I'm having a lot of lessons and I try to learn the language as quickly as possible. This is important so that I understand the coach when he speaks German. It was the biggest challenge for me when I arrived here. I've been told before that learning German is difficult.

\:D/
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:44 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby prasun77 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm

We need to keep him..he does the hard part right..which many midfielders can't figure out till the end of their careers.
The other part can be taught or comes with experience though I must say he has shown remarkable improvement in midfield play as well lately..
I predict he will come of age next season..
esp with more gametime..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby theundead » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 pm

What a hit son!
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby aterford » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 am

Posted elsewhere, but gonna share it here too as I felt it's relevant.

Tolisso is such an interesting player to me. I still stand by saying that I just don’t think he does that great at "True" midfielder things. But I think a similar complaint can be made of Müller – he doesn’t really do "true" winger or "true" CF or "true" SS type things – he does Raumdeuter things, Müller things…..He’s not the most technically proficient player, he’s weird, seems uncoordinated, etc…But in spite of that, we all know that when he’s in-form he just has to play – you find a way to make him fit.

If he keeps developing, I see Tolisso getting into a similar role. He doesn’t really do exactly what a #6 does, he doesn’t really do exactly what a #10 does, he doesn’t really do exactly what a #8 does…He’s not the most organized player, his distribution is lacking, and he makes poor decisions from time to time…but he just keeps scoring and getting in dangerous spots. And as such – you just gotta find a way to make it work. He’s still not the first choice for a lot of opponents – he certainly still has deficiencies – but if he keeps developing I think he’s gonna turn into one of those players that you just have to figure out how to fit into the team.

Some things can be taught. Some cannot. If you ask me – it’s easier to teach a natural-born-scorer how to pass, hold shape, better decision making, etc than it is to teach a technically and tactically sound player how to be more dangerous. If the choice was a technically-sound player who couldn’t ever threaten the goal vs a not-so-technically-sound player who’s always dangerous – I’d probably take the latter. you can teach the rest.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby prasun77 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:29 am

aterford wrote:Posted elsewhere, but gonna share it here too as I felt it's relevant.

Tolisso is such an interesting player to me. I still stand by saying that I just don’t think he does that great at "True" midfielder things. But I think a similar complaint can be made of Müller – he doesn’t really do "true" winger or "true" CF or "true" SS type things – he does Raumdeuter things, Müller things…..He’s not the most technically proficient player, he’s weird, seems uncoordinated, etc…But in spite of that, we all know that when he’s in-form he just has to play – you find a way to make him fit.

If he keeps developing, I see Tolisso getting into a similar role. He doesn’t really do exactly what a #6 does, he doesn’t really do exactly what a #10 does, he doesn’t really do exactly what a #8 does…He’s not the most organized player, his distribution is lacking, and he makes poor decisions from time to time…but he just keeps scoring and getting in dangerous spots. And as such – you just gotta find a way to make it work. He’s still not the first choice for a lot of opponents – he certainly still has deficiencies – but if he keeps developing I think he’s gonna turn into one of those players that you just have to figure out how to fit into the team.

Some things can be taught. Some cannot. If you ask me – it’s easier to teach a natural-born-scorer how to pass, hold shape, better decision making, etc than it is to teach a technically and tactically sound player how to be more dangerous. If the choice was a technically-sound player who couldn’t ever threaten the goal vs a not-so-technically-sound player who’s always dangerous – I’d probably take the latter. you can teach the rest.

I thought I was reading about pogba for a while.. :lol: :lol:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:50 am

aterford wrote:Posted elsewhere, but gonna share it here too as I felt it's relevant.

Gerrard / Lampard.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Evan van Essen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 am

I think coco showed alot of improvement yesterday. Not be cause of his banger, but because he showed more tactical strength and showed he can play out of difficult situations a bit like thiago. Although he still makes mistakes he has improved some of his weaker parts of the game already and i think if he jeeps this up he will be a great midfielders.he even slotted in as a CB for a moment when boateng was caught with the throw in for the other team and he did exactly what boateng would have done, covering and pushing the enemy to the outside i think he really is improving well.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tflags » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am

Evan van Essen wrote:I think coco showed alot of improvement yesterday.

Yes, I wasn't going to watch, but an Oscar IS an Oscar. =D>
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

tflags wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:I think coco showed alot of improvement yesterday.

Yes, I wasn't going to watch, but an Oscar IS an Oscar. =D>

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 pm

I think that the problem that most people have with Tolisso here is that he isn’t Thiago/Xabi type of MF, which is really odd given that Bayern always tended to pick rather different type - like Basti, Javi, Bommel, Goretzka... they aren’t typical blaugranesque perfect-distribution passers either. Tolisso can match them in physicality I think, but what he lacks in defensive positioning he makes up in offensive danger potential.

Probably the best clasification is something like midfield-raumdeuter, something between typical offensive midfielder and typical box—to-box. He’s a better Bakayoko than Bakayoko, if I may use such comparison.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Evan van Essen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Hardrade wrote:I think that the problem that most people have with Tolisso here is that he isn’t Thiago/Xabi type of MF, which is really odd given that Bayern always tended to pick rather different type - like Basti, Javi, Bommel, Goretzka... they aren’t typical blaugranesque perfect-distribution passers either. Tolisso can match them in physicality I think, but what he lacks in defensive positioning he makes up in offensive danger potential.

Probably the best clasification is something like midfield-raumdeuter, something between typical offensive midfielder and typical box—to-box. He’s a better Bakayoko than Bakayoko, if I may use such comparison.

Bakayoko hasn't really got anything going for him tho, so comparing tolisso to bakayoko Linda feels like an insult
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCB general » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 pm

How I love these long shot goals, that's something what football in general lacks today and over the last 10 years.

Tolisso will improve, no doubt in that. He just needs a good master to guide him.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Corentin Tolisso: "I practice these type of shots after training with our assistant coach Peter Hermann. The extra work paid off and I'm delighted because of that. It was certainly my best goal so far with Bayern" [Kicker]

[-o< 8)
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion