You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Claudio Pizarro

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Pizarro wants to leave

Postby Danger » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Claudio Pizarro has told AZ magazine that he won't renew his contract with Bayern .. ( expires in 2007 ) , he didn't mention his destination , but the team won't be less than Bayern.
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Pizarro wants to leave

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Danger wrote:Claudio Pizarro has told AZ magazine that he won't renew his contract with Bayern .. ( expires in 2007 ) , he didn't mention his destination , but the team won't be less than Bayern.

No Problem!!!!..:)
we'll get new strikers...better ones...maybe Huntelaar...Kiessling...etc..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Yes it IS a problem. We'd have been able to get a few million euros by selling him, and now he'll just be the next player to move on for free. Huntelaar would be a dream replacement, but I don't think we'll be the only ones bidding for him.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:59 pm

MUTU wrote:Yes it IS a problem. We'd have been able to get a few million euros by selling him, and now he'll just be the next player to move on for free. Huntelaar would be a dream replacement, but I don't think we'll be the only ones bidding for him.

that and the fact he is a great support striker. one of the best out there. we can't bring in another pure striker because we already have Makaay and Podolski. Unless we plan on making Podolski a support striker which I doubt. Because the only support we'd have is Santa Cruz and he can't proove to stay fit for an entire year. plus in a year or two we will have to replace Makaay anyways
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:09 pm

You can say that Podolski was pretty much a support striker at the world cup. I think he's used to going back down to midfield to help out, and he's doing it for Bayern.

Also I wouldn't say that Makaay is a pure out and out striker. We've seen it many times... our midfield wins a ball, they advance, they try to find Makaay... but he's by the corner flag instead of the 6 yard box.

Remember, we did want to get Van Nistelrooy. That guy is a pure out and out striker... I don't think we can say we have one player who plays that way at Bayern.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:14 pm

MUTU wrote:You can say that Podolski was pretty much a support striker at the world cup. I think he's used to going back down to midfield to help out, and he's doing it for Bayern.

Also I wouldn't say that Makaay is a pure out and out striker. We've seen it many times... our midfield wins a ball, they advance, they try to find Makaay... but he's by the corner flag instead of the 6 yard box.

Remember, we did want to get Van Nistelrooy. That guy is a pure out and out striker... I don't think we can say we have one player who plays that way at Bayern.

Huntelaar........;)
I am not against Pizzaro...he is really really hard working. But the output is not upto Bayern's level. We need more...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:22 pm

I will state it publicly. I don't like Pizarro. We've had worse strikers, but we've had much better ones. He's never scored more than 1 goal per 2 games average, with his first season (2000/2001) being his best, scoring 15 goals from 30 games. Last season he scored 11 goals from 26 games. We need someone who can score at very least 0.6 goals per game average.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:42 pm

bit of a shock this, I really like pizarro as a striker, and his loyalty to Bayern has been commendable, he's never been a first choice striker but has stuck by while we preferred Jancker, Zickler, Elber, Paulo Sergio, Makaay etc
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:41 pm

MUTU wrote:You can say that Podolski was pretty much a support striker at the world cup. I think he's used to going back down to midfield to help out, and he's doing it for Bayern.

yeah but Van Nistelrooy is more of a Center forward just by himself up there. Makaay is the closest thing we have to a pure striker. Makaay definitely isnt a support striker, no where near it.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I am not against Pizzaro...he is really really hard working. But the output is not upto Bayern's level. We need more...

he's a support striker. who scores more goals at Barcelona Eto'o or Messi? Eto'o does. Support strikers aren't meant to score as much. He scores the amount a support striker does, he is one of the better ones out there. Santa Cruz hasn't reached his form yet nor has he prooven that he can stay fit an entire year yet. Podolski is more of a support striker though, but I like Pizarro's production.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:17 pm

BMike86 wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:I am not against Pizzaro...he is really really hard working. But the output is not upto Bayern's level. We need more...

he's a support striker. who scores more goals at Barcelona Eto'o or Messi? Eto'o does. Support strikers aren't meant to score as much. He scores the amount a support striker does, he is one of the better ones out there. Santa Cruz hasn't reached his form yet nor has he prooven that he can stay fit an entire year yet. Podolski is more of a support striker though, but I like Pizarro's production.

Rooney is a support striker too...;)....
My point is that...our strikers are not producing goals that we need...their output is very less when compared to our standards..
the problem could lie on either of them...

Whoever it is , it should be fixed
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Re: Pizarro wants to leave

Postby bayern_rox » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:22 pm

Danger wrote:Claudio Pizarro has told AZ magazine that he won't renew his contract with Bayern .. ( expires in 2007 ) , he didn't mention his destination , but the team won't be less than Bayern.

I am not sure he said tht he wont renew his contract.....He said tht his first choice woud still be FC Bayern...Only if they dont reach an agreement will he then talk to other clubs......
Frankly i think he is dreamin a little too high for himself....He says he will only go for clubs like chelsea,arsenal or real madrid...But in reality only 2 nd tier teams would be interested in him and he knows it .....Look at his compatriot Gurrerro......He left Bayern for Hamnbug and even there he is not a regular starter.....Pizarro will mostly sign with Bayern,,,He just wants a fatter paycheck :wink:
bayern_rox
Getting the hang of it

Postby Marko » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:25 am

That's bad,we'll lose few millions,like we did for Ballack :(
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Mirage » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:59 pm

I don't want Pizarro to go! He's our best striker at the moment.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:12 pm

Mirage wrote:I don't want Pizarro to go! He's our best striker at the moment.

what happened to podolski...;) :lol:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion