You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Nerlinger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Christian Nerlinger

Postby tflags » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Bazi wrote:
tflags wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:God bless Sammer

Hate to play the Devil's Advocate here but tbh that was one of the less disastrous transfers he did. Hell, it wasn't even a transfer.

Nerlinger was just a tool set in place by Uli Hoeneß. He was the ideal powerless lump for Uli to remain in power. Actually being president and manager in one.
Consequently he used him as a scapegoat and sacked him after the lost CL final.
I don't blame Nerlinger for much of anything.

It is really hard to make an intelligent argument against that. Can't do anything but agree but I still would like the benefit of the doubt to the brass by adding that he himself had a few character errors (or lack of.) He openly conceded the title too soon in 11-12; with 7 (??) points difference behind Dortmund. It is openly commented that he did nothing during the first 90" break after Chelsea tied the CL finals and after the game he looked like he was just staring around as if nothing had happened.He was sloppy enough to get caught with Guardiola's brother in Spain while the rest of the secret meetings went without a hitch. Even Peré said he "wasn't even impressed" with him.

Then there are the transfers of Vidal, Reus and my personal favourite disaster, Coentrao, that I personally think was blamed on him, rightly so or not. He defended van Gaal during the trainer's second year and even after changing his mind I don't think he recovered from that mistake either.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

tflags wrote:It is really hard to make an intelligent argument against that. Can't do anything but agree but I still would like the benefit of the doubt to the brass by adding that he himself had a few character errors (or lack of.) He openly conceded the title too soon in 11-12; with 7 (??) points difference behind Dortmund. It is openly commented that he did nothing during the first 90" break after Chelsea tied the CL finals and after the game he looked like he was just staring around as if nothing had happened.He was sloppy enough to get caught with Guardiola's brother in Spain while the rest of the secret meetings went without a hitch. Even Peré said he "wasn't even impressed" with him.

Then there are the transfers of Vidal, Reus and my personal favourite disaster, Coentrao, that I personally think was blamed on him, rightly so or not. He defended van Gaal during the trainer's second year and even after changing his mind I don't think he recovered from that mistake either.

You gotta admit we may have gotten players 10x better in Martinez, Alaba, and Shaqiri(maybe) ;)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

I thought less of him after he said "Second place will be our trophy" back in 2011. In 2012, he conceded the title after the loss in Leverkusen.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby The Black Cleaver » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

What you generally think? Was he popular in Bayern or not?

There are some opinions:

http://therangersreport.com/2014/06/27/bayern-munich-bloggers-discuss-christian-nerlingers-time-with-club/?

... which also includes speculations about Nerlinger - Rangers. He could become the club’s Director of Football.
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Bayern was too big for him.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:32 pm

He was a clear step down from Uli. That void was only filled when we got Sammer.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Or you could say he laid the foundation's for our success last year in Europe taking us from the Europa League to two (ultimately unsuccessful) European Cup finals.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:20 pm

lau03143 wrote:Or you could say he laid the foundation's for our success last year in Europe taking us from the Europa League to two (ultimately unsuccessful) European Cup finals.

That was more down to Van Gaal than Nerlinger if you ask me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:57 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
lau03143 wrote:Or you could say he laid the foundation's for our success last year in Europe taking us from the Europa League to two (ultimately unsuccessful) European Cup finals.

Was it Nerlinger or Hoeness who hired van Gaal though? I forgot.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Was it Nerlinger or Hoeness who hired van Gaal though? I forgot.

Uli hired LVG as I remember him saying he tried to get LVG several times before he hired him in July 2009
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 pm

So Uli hired him and Nerlinger fired him :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion