You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Nerlinger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Christian Nerlinger

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:15 pm

MUTU wrote:He also sees no parallel to Real Madrid who he says buy five offensive player each year.

You just gotta love Lahm =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm

I always see Nerlinger working the phones and getting quoted as observing players and prospects. Yet he got burned for no apparent reason other than Uli having the final word on every decision. That is not his fault, that is called chain of command. Somehow I feel the guy flipping the light switch everyday got the wrong side of the stick this summer; a summer where we owe the club a good bow of respect for these pretty decent signings.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 pm

As mentioned about the attack -- Nerlinger "is in the shadows" -- he is still a puppet, I don't like what he has done so far for that reason -- especially all the issues with LvG and standing by, but that was mostly LvG, again leaving Nerlinger as a puppet. He does need more say-so power, and that is the fault of the Bayern board. I liked him as a player and a person, and he is trying -- but I truthfully place alot of blame on the control freaks at Bayern, its like Uli can't let go and just be president. So hopefully he comes out of the shadows otherwise King Kahn will come and take his job. :mrgreen:
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 pm

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Ok so now before we win any of those two finals is the right time to ask you about...what do you think about Nerlinger?

I must say I didnt rate him few years back...but now I think that he is probably most important factor in our success and team strenght.

I follow this club since the 90s....and there was always some weird feeling about our transfers when Ulli was manager.....he did great I must say but we really never had any philosophy of mixing our youngsters with top stars.

But since Nerlinger came our good transfers outnumber our bad investements. I know that LVG and Jupp...than KHR and UH had their say....but they also had their say before Nerlinger came.

This is probably the first time we have a great team that could compete for another 5-6 years without changing a single player.

And I feel that Nerlinger is responsible for some top buys and looks from different point of view than Ulli...and that is probably why we have very good team at the moment.

what do you guys think...how do you rate MR. NERLINGER ?:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby ballackfcb » Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 pm

He has done well, better than most fans expected. It is obvious that Uli and Kalle have helped him bring in players like Neuer Shaqiri and Boateng, but you have to give Nerlinger most of the credit.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I think that we now have a long term vision, which is why we are giving long term contracts to all our top players, promoting youth players, and investing in the bench. Whether that is all up to Nerlinger or not, I don't know, but I am very satisfied with the deals we did last summer, and the 2 we've done so far this summer.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I guess rating Nerlinger comes down to the mystery about how much power does he actually have in the club?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

quaazi wrote:I guess rating Nerlinger comes down to the mystery about how much power does he actually have in the club?

Something, I don't think many will know...
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby SilentStrike » Thu May 10, 2012 7:11 pm

At first I saw him as the puppet of Hoeness,
But I think he's grown into his position pretty solid now.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I think he gained a lot of power when it comes to transfers...he knows his job and I am happy with his work...and so are Ulli and KHR I guess
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby München Minded » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

He doesn't have the fire of Hoeneß, and I had considered him a puppet -- but if he is really making the call things with transfers and helping the youngsters through then I rate him higher than I did based on being in the second CL final in 2 years -- even though it had gotten frustrating saying "we won't sign anymore players" and "our squad is strong enough" even though clearly we lacked in certain areas -- he remained faithful in certain players. Although he did realize we needed to seriously strengthen with Neuer and Boateng, finally solving the keeper and CB problem -- and along with Dante this season, we should return to defensive strength once again. The transfer rumors for next season seem worthy and already securing Shaqiri, I think if Nerlinger had a direct hand in all this, then I applaud him. It does take a couple of seasons to get situated in a job like that.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Christian Nerlinger

Postby BayernLove » Thu May 10, 2012 10:34 pm

I really hate this guy. **** him, man.

"You a stupid hoe" Nicki Minage
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby the12th » Thu May 10, 2012 11:30 pm

still seems pretty spineless to me... but on the other hand, it's hard to have a firm spine when working with Uli and Karl-H.... and again, uli was bayerns manager for 15 or so,years, as long as i remember, and he only managed to take home one CL, out of one. It's the second time in last thee years for Nerly. And transfers seem better too...
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAGHU » Fri May 11, 2012 4:41 am

i believe nerlinger is more of a yes man to uli, someone who does the job as per the orders and doesnt question the authority
RAGHU
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion