You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby zozon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 am

FCB general wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Carlo Ancelotti in the interview with Marca: "I always prefer to win the Champions League than the league title."

Good to know why he has never become a top quality coach. :)

I dont know if you troll, but if you dont - does that mean that the CL has been won THREE times by a non top quality coach? Also that means that Bayern currently doesnt have a top quality coach... Jeez, our board must suck big time. Let us lose all the titles this season, we dont have a top quality coach :roll:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:28 pm

I don't give a fúck about the CL titles. 20 years as a coach: guided great generations of Parma, Juventus, Milan, guided Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid - 3 league titles. What kind of a top quality coach manages to win just three domestic titles and three national cups in 20 years with 5 great squads?

How many World Cup titles has he won so far? None. Really great coach. 3 CL titles makes him a master mind. Wow... Those are really interesting 'standards' for being a 'great' coach, just as Guardiola and Mourinho spent 1 billion € to be called the best. :roll:
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby lau03143 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:23 pm

wow... I didn't realise he'd only won 3 domestic league championships

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm

He won the one in which 'everyone can beat anyone' in the first try though... He'd have 4 if it wasn't for Collina and he'd have been a Juve legend then perhaps.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Luck is involved in CL... Heck, Zidane won it... Ronaldo is European Champion and to this date does not know how it happened... Portugal? 4 out of five times they get hammered by us (Germany) - the fifth time we'll just win comfortably ...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:42 pm

I'm glad you're changing quickly Carlo :wink: I promise not to bash you until our next **** up :lol:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:10 pm

#12 wrote:Heck, Zidane won it...

Zidane is a good coach. He's been doing really great. But if you just switch Zidane for the name Roberto Di Matteo, then what should we say about him... :)

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I'm glad you're changing quickly Carlo :wink: I promise not to bash you until our next **** up :lol:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

This is Bayern and it's completely normal to expect from the REKORDmeister to win the league title, as well as DFB Pokal. Even Juventus in Italy is doing exactly the same thing as Bayern in the recent years.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby prasun77 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 pm

"I would gladly let go of the Bundesliga for another European title."

This I have not said..it was said one of the best bayern president ever..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Ancelotti about Uli Hoeneß: "He has come back and we have won four games in a row. We have already spoken to each other and he was very warm."
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:55 pm

FCB general wrote:I don't give a fúck about the CL titles.

Maybe you don't, but the whole footballing world does. You are speaking like winning 3 CL trophies is so-so. So delusional in getting your "truth" about Carlo's qualities :roll:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Carlo Ancelotti discusses his coaching style at Bayern Munich
Ancelotti discussed his relationship with his players, tactics, and more after coaching his team back to the top of the table for the winter break.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Carlo Ancelotti worried by impact of social media and smartphone [source]

shots fired :)
Spoiler: show
not really though lol
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Coman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 am

"If we had already started on high rides in the first round, we would have regretted this in the spring."

Source : https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/carlo ... 77592.html

via Tapatalk
GK : Neuer, Früchtl
RB : Semedo, Rafinha
CB : Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez
LB : Alaba, Ghoulam
CM : Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Rudy
AM : Müller, Thiago, Sanchez
RW : Robben, Coman
LW : Sanchez, Ribéry, Coman
CF : Lewandowski, Sanchez
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:36 am

Antonio Conte doing an 'extraordinary' job at Chelsea - Carlo Ancelotti [source]
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 pm

It’s acceptable to make mistakes in the first half of the season, but not in the second.

According to the German newspaper “SZ”, these were the opening lines by Carlo Ancelotti to his players in Doha and the newspaper used this quote to strengthen the narrative of Ancelotti as being the coach that gets the best results out of his teams when it really matters. In April and May. In the Big Games.

How much truth lies in this narrative? Time for some statistical fact-checking.

Disclaimer: The target of this analysis is not to discredit Ancelotti and his work, but to challenge the simple narratives that are used to explain it.

Big game coach, eh? What is a big game anyway and how many big games has FC Bayern played under Ancelotti? One way of looking at this is taking into account the
ELO rating [source]
of FC Bayern’s opponents. Considering only the top 10 teams in Europe, Bayern had three big games this season, twice against Atletico and one game against Borussia Dortmund. Bayern lost two and only won the dead rubber against
Atletico at home [source]
. All in all, FC Bayern lost 11.4 ELO points in these games. Small sample size, but that’s a given when looking at “big games”, isn’t it?

No mistakes in the second part of the season and getting the team in the best shape when the trophies are handed out.

Sounds like a plan, but do the numbers match that narrative of Ancelotti being better in the second part of the season than in the first?

In 8 of 17 seasons Ancelotti’s teams collected more points in the second part of the season.

It’s basically been a 50:50 situation throughout Ancelotti’s career, looking at the number of points his teams have collected in the league games of the second half of the season compared to the first half. His last two seasons at Real Madrid featured rather underwhelming performances in the second halves. The picture doesn’t look any different when looking at goals instead of points, either.

Overall, Ancelotti’s teams collected 4 more points, scored 5 more goals, and conceded 19 goals fewer in their 326 games during the second parts of the seasons. That doesn’t look like a strong trend, but rather like the regular level of noise in the numbers.

And now? Well, umm, I don’t know. Maybe Carlo Ancelotti isn’t “Mr. Big Games” or “Mr. Rückrunde” after all. Does that mean FC Bayern are doomed in the second half of the season? Probably not, but keeping the numbers in mind could help in not putting too much faith in simple narratives and looking at the team’s actual performance instead.

FACT-CHECKING ANCELOTTI [source]
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion