You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Achilles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 am

The rotation under Carlo is the best since years we must acknowledge that at least he and his staff have been super thorough on players fitness & readiness, no rush comebacks and much rotation in every position(except CF)

Imagine that the rotation matter suposed to be one of the disavantages of Carlo, clearly an A+ in that category unfortunately the only perfect grade until now but this rotation and mindful strategy might become our ultimate weapon in the later stage(I hope so) let's see.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby zozon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Achilles wrote:The rotation under Carlo is the best since years we must acknowledge that at least he and his staff have been super thorough on players fitness & readiness, no rush comebacks and much rotation in every position(except CF)

Imagine that the rotation matter suposed to be one of the disavantages of Carlo, clearly an A+ in that category unfortunately the only perfect grade until now but this rotation and mindful strategy might become our ultimate weapon in the later stage(I hope so) let's see.


Couldnt have said it better myself... +1
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:00 am

Guys, we have a 20% chance of elbow rubbing Barcelona thanks to the best rotation in Russia. Can we please skip this discussion until May, if possible.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 2815 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:48 am

tflags wrote:Guys, we have a 20% chance of elbow rubbing Barcelona thanks to the best rotation in Russia. Can we please skip this discussion until May, if possible.

If you stop being gloomy and bring doom in every post of yours I can skipp it until May, the question is, can you ?

With all due to respect but every post of yours is overflowing misery and it seems that you are eager to point fingers somewhere or come back here with the "I told you attitude" when something we'll go bad. Is a countereaction for the Mr.SuperSuperSuper ?
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:41 am

Ok. That was fun. I guess a counterpoint was in fact a bit too much. Did I strike an Achilles heel there? Maybe I should change my nick to Mr Doom. :P . You want to take things personal? Fine. I thought your post was terrible. "Best rotation?" Really? We are second in the group thanks to a loss in Russia brought on by a bad rotation (or forced to concede a point). Should I overflow with confidence?

But heck, seems like you don't like counterarguments. Am I gloomy. Sure I am. I don't see us beyond the 16 on a bad draw. Do you? And don't get me wrong (again I mean), I don't mind the occasional bad run on the weekend, as long as the Euro Tour was high flying; but you seem fine with such a display when the team itself couldn't bring themselves to call it anything more than 'acceptable' short of saying it was really poor.

But my final question is, why are you taking things personal? You like how things are going, just say so and defend your point. Just don't take things personal when someone begs to differ like you seem to be doing. Is that fair enough?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 2815 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby zozon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:50 am

tflags wrote:
But my final question is, why are you taking things personal?


I don't think that's personal. He just said that your posts lately overflow with misery and negativism WHICH IS TRUE. That's a fact, not a personal attack on your persona, character or physical look. Jeez, get a chill pill when logging in, since when criticizing one's posts is a personal attack :roll:

So when someone says Muller sucks and he gets bashed - is that a personal attack or attack on his posts? We post opinions on this forum, you can't expect to just post bullcrap and spread negativism and we all agree on that. Especially when those posts are written with a specific intention to bash and troll. You are riding on that negativity wave and just waiting to post "told you so" post.

Let me sum it up for you - one must be blind to see that Bayern is not getting better lately. And all you do is criticize everybody. Don't be a #12 dude, not cool.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:19 pm

zozon wrote:Let me sum it up for you - one must be blind to see that Bayern is not getting better lately. And all you do is criticize everybody. Don't be a #12 dude, not cool.

Now you're being personal. ;)

Claims we're getting better are a bit unfounded at the moment as we've had one good game last weekend (which I admittedly didn't watch so I can't comment more on). We didn't play well vs Atletico imo. We weren't terrible, but our win was more due to them not playing well either.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30808
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8630 times
Been thanked: 7239 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm

zozon wrote:I don't think that's personal. He just said that your posts lately overflow with misery and negativism WHICH IS TRUE.


Achilles wrote:every post of yours is overflowing misery and it seems that you are eager to point fingers somewhere or come back here with the "I told you attitude" when something we'll go bad. Is a countereaction for the Mr.SuperSuperSuper ?


:P

Anyhow and getting back to the point, I'm really sorry but I don't think we are getting past the 16 with a bad draw like Barcelona or Juve. I will admit I've been negative sincerely if we make it but I don't see it. The tactics leave a lot of question marks and yes, I thought the rotation was quite bad in Russia. To be praising that in this particular instance is quite foolish and I tried not to be that harsh about it but Jesus, first time in five years (???) we are not leading the table or the group and we are praising 'the best rotation'. I mean, really?

Yours truly. Mr. SuperSuperSuper. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 2815 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 pm

@tflags
It wasn't personal I can assure you of that because I rate your posts highly and I respect your perspective on football, in many occasions I agreed with you sometimes I don't, that's happening in forums globally, with @zozon we had a converstation previously it wasn't personal either and as I mentioned the other day (my?) writing sometimes gets misunderstood so it wasn't personal it was an observation.
The Mr.SuperSuperSuper = Guardiola not yourself, I implied that you maybe see problems everywhere because of the criticism Pep got and you're counteracting on Carlo.

You excluded though one result(Rostov) as a counterargument? We entering the final stage of the 1st half of the season with nearly 0 absences, 4 important games for the closure with all our attackers & midfielders at our disposal, our main artillery is loaded at 95%.
Secondly, being 2nd in the group means Juve/Barca/Arsenal, being 1st means Real/City or PSG not much difference as you can see I'd agree if you meant prestige factor finishing first but you mentioned Barcelona, well if we were 1st would be Real Madrid so I don't think that your counterargument was valid enough because I have mine too in just the same page of yours :P

Yours truly, Mr.Terrible :twisted:

And my heel is fine thanks, couldn't the same for my knees though 8)
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby zozon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Claims we're getting better are a bit unfounded at the moment as we've had one good game last weekend (which I admittedly didn't watch so I can't comment more on). We didn't play well vs Atletico imo. We weren't terrible, but our win was more due to them not playing well either.


They are not claims - thats a fact if someone watches Bayern game in - game out. The last 2 games we are playing deffo better than the pre-Rostov/Rostov sh*t.

I don't know what's so hard to see that we are playing better, it's like people only see the negative when the going gets tough. It's not like we are suddenly going to start playing in the 2013 form, but its only December and Bayern in 2013 didn't play in December like they played in the second half of the season.

I thought that Pep was the rotation master, but if anyone knows Carlo - what he is doing atm is a miracle. He wasnt/isnt a rotation fan, but what he does currently is great. If only the players stay fit ( [-o< ), I expect Bayern to be VERY competitive when the CL knockout begins. Carlo is the guru of those, unlike Pep.

This is what Achilles wrote on the same matter and i couldnt agree more.

Achilles wrote:The rotation under Carlo is the best since years we must acknowledge that at least he and his staff have been super thorough on players fitness & readiness, no rush comebacks and much rotation in every position(except CF)

Imagine that the rotation matter suposed to be one of the disavantages of Carlo, clearly an A+ in that category unfortunately the only perfect grade until now but this rotation and mindful strategy might become our ultimate weapon in the later stage(I hope so) let's see.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 am

Maybe in the last 5 years we didn't have an Atletico who won all of their games except 1 in the same group with us, which proves that Atletico deserved to be in pot 1. There are reasonable answers...
Us not doing that well in away games is not that new either.
Atletico almost had the same fate in Russia, their manager added another scalp on his collection of famous scalps(guess whose other scalp he got in his collection. wtf a bald scalp).
Atletico finishing top of the group confirms that they were a top 3 team in these years and we weren't. How happy are you with the thought that we'd be 4th in Spain?
After an all German final to this.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17497
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9128 times
Been thanked: 8415 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 pm

Achilles wrote:You excluded though one result(Rostov) as a counterargument? We entering the final stage of the 1st half of the season with nearly 0 absences, 4 important games for the closure with all our attackers & midfielders at our disposal, our main artillery is loaded at 95%.
Secondly, being 2nd in the group means Juve/Barca/Arsenal, being 1st means Real/City or PSG not much difference as you can see I'd agree if you meant prestige factor finishing first but you mentioned Barcelona, well if we were 1st would be Real Madrid so I don't think that your counterargument was valid enough because I have mine too in just the same page of yours :P
Yours truly, Mr.Terrible :twisted:
And my heel is fine thanks, couldn't the same for my knees though 8)


Achilles, not every Carlo criticism has to do with Guardiola. I mean, it was fine as a comparison during the first games and quite possibly in May when we look at the bottom line but you can't (by you I mean everyone) go thinking every observation on Ancelotti is a call to praise Pep or lure him back KHR style. Dude is gone. We have his legacy and the bittersweet aftertaste: Some feel it quite sweet, others quite bitter. But the dude is gone.

I really didn't feel challenged by your post because you said 'every post' of mine was negative. In fact, they weren't. I really didn't mind the game vs Dortmund and was quite open about it here. But I have to be honest I don't think the team is getting better despite the fact that I said just that in that post. A game later we were back to where we started. I don't see the tactics. They don't make sense. Subs are really questionable, rotation (not to challenge your point) is really terrible and it just feels there must be something else going on than meets the eye.

Perhaps Carlo is the next Palpatine. He's working behind doors concentrating on April when the rest of us just feel he doesn't make it past February. Perhaps the excessive rotation will in fact bring a good and healthy 22 to Brexit in May on games that don't really matter. Perhaps chewing gum is cooler than ripping your pants off or turning face red.

But I just don't see the angle; if there's any. I just don't know if there in fact is a plan or if Carletto is just getting by on welfare until the team comes back from vacation just in time for shopping season. Whatever the plan is, we just had a very lousy Black Friday of sorts.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 2815 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm

@zozon: fair enough, if we're taking better as better than those disastrous performances we were having. But judging by the Atletico game, better so far still isn't good.

That said, I'm confident we'll do well tomorrow though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30808
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8630 times
Been thanked: 7239 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Someone watching game in game out tipped 0-3 in Dortmund and 0-4 in Rostov, didn't they?!

We can talk about "getting better" when playing real competition, like Leipzig...
We only managed to keep a clean sheet once in what? 14 games?! If we repeat that, I might join you...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8798
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 2462 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby rthebest » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 pm

yes Bayern did better but just a little bit better.
Our attack is not fluent.
to many U shape passes.
still really slow in build up.
still problem unlocking tight defensive units.
there was less hopeful crosses.
I still wonder Carlo is really a good option for a team that wants to play attacking possession football. He was relatively successful at Real because they are a counter attacking team probably the best one and really good at scoring goal from crosses.
User avatar
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aterford and 30 guests