You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:14 pm

#12 wrote:Havin managed double the clubs he should be entitled to spend double as much... ;)
Also, he was at Cheslki in their "bad" phase ansd at RM when they bought Bale... So yeah...
No one will win anything withoit spending - the questinon is how much on how many players and what is the outcome...

How much and how many is irrelevant. The outcome is the only thing that matters ;)
As a club we've reached a stage where nearly everything is possible if needed.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:16 pm

#12 wrote:Havin managed double the clubs he should be entitled to spend double as much... ;)
Also, he was at Cheslki in their "bad" phase ansd at RM when they bought Bale... So yeah...
No one will win anything withoit spending - the questinon is how much on how many players and what is the outcome...

It's not about spending as much as it is about spending sensibly. I mean, look at who's in ninth place. He spent nothing at Bayern and I doubt he could have spent much at AZ, which means all that money was spent at United. Look at where that got them.

On the other hand, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Ferguson, Guardiola, even Klopp and Simeone, got several titles out of all that money. I have no problem spending big as long as it's sensible - something which Ancelotti might or might not have had control over with Abramovic and Perez.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:19 pm

bastos80 wrote:How much and how many is irrelevant. The outcome is the only thing that matters ;)

True... But still we're spending in a range to about 40m while others buy Neymars, Bales and de Bruynes for (more than) double the money... So still Bayern is a club that is on a effort-use based transfer policy - one of the things I like about us...
I agree with FCBayernMunchen about the rest...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:23 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:How much and how many is irrelevant. The outcome is the only thing that matters ;)

True... But still we're spending in a range to about 40m while others buy Neymars, Bales and de Bruynes for (more than) double the money... So still Bayern is a club that is on a effort-use based transfer policy - one of the things I like about us...
I agree with FCBayernMunchen about the rest...

Yes, I was trying to say we can also have outstanding success without spending world record fees, BUT, we could if we had to.
Having Neymar here would've been amazing even for €100M. Bale and De Bruyne, not so much. I prefer Costa for €30M.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:40 pm

I agree with Daniel that..it seems very unlikely..I can't imagine Ancelotti saying "I want Gareth Bale..if it's 100 million then so be it!"

I am sure its Perez's deal.Same for James...."I want James its ok if its 80 million!".He was the new shiny toy at the world cup so Mr.Perez did the needful.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:05 pm

prasun77 wrote:I agree with Daniel

?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm

#12 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:I agree with Daniel

?

That's me. :P :wave:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:36 pm

:mrgreen:
Hey Daniel :wave:
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Even I have to side with #12 that it's not a completely accurate statistic. I don't know if the money is even in real terms to begin with. Then there's the fact of those managers, Pep has been a top manager for what 7 of the past 8 years? So that's three free years almost, considering he went from Barca B to Barca's first team in 2010. While Ancelotti like most of the others I presume has been managing for all ten.

Still, even though spending and transfers may or may not be in the managers hands (another limiting factor to the statistic), you'd think spending and success would have some correlation (Man United's recent highly amusing troubles aside). Without doubt Guardiola has been pretty successful at Bayern despite not having to spend very much at all (Lewy coming for free helps). Looking at the clubs Carlo's been at it has to be said the spending and big transfers really helped his clubs become successful. But PSG and some of his Chelsea period aside, his competition may have spent a lot as well.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That's me. :P :wave:

pyrasur wrote:Even I have to side with #12 that it's not a completely accurate statistic.

Love you too, buddy! :P
Come on - I'm not THAT bad, am I? :P

I'm not trying to use this against Guardiola (even though some might accuse me...) but in all fairness Guardiola already had pretty decent teams when he arrived at his respective clubs - in fact I think he spent more here than in Barcelona... Ancelotti is - IMHO - for the first time now at a club where there'S a solid base of WC players to build on... Therefore, I doubt "he'll" spend much more here than "Guardiola" did (all the time thinking that none of the two does, but our board...)...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 pm

#12 wrote:

Ancelotti is - IMHO - for the first time now at a club where there'S a solid base of WC players to build on... Therefore, I doubt "he'll" spend much more here than "Guardiola" did (all the time thinking that none of the two does, but our board...)...

Real Madrid ? :shock:
Anyways, there is not much room for spending next summer unless we have quite some departures of big names.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:That's me. :P :wave:

pyrasur wrote:Even I have to side with #12 that it's not a completely accurate statistic.

Love you too, buddy! :P
Come on - I'm not THAT bad, am I? :P

I'm not trying to use this against Guardiola (even though some might accuse me...) but in all fairness Guardiola already had pretty decent teams when he arrived at his respective clubs - in fact I think he spent more here than in Barcelona... Ancelotti is - IMHO - for the first time now at a club where there'S a solid base of WC players to build on... Therefore, I doubt "he'll" spend much more here than "Guardiola" did (all the time thinking that none of the two does, but our board...)...

I don't think so re spending more here than in Barca, although I don't have facts. Perhaps he made more changes, but Barca used to spend quite big. Ibra alone cost them 50 million or so, as well as Eto'o.

My point wasn't that Ancelotti will spend a lot here, but that both him and Pep have had all the resources they need, whether in terms of cash or in terms of ready-made squads. Again, I don't think this says anything about their coaching abilities, I was merely pointing out the similarity.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:27 pm

bastos80 wrote:Real Madrid ? :shock:
Anyways, there is not much room for spending next summer unless we have quite some departures of big names.

RM was attacking back then and spent bigtime... They had a squad with great players yes, but very unbalanced...

As for your second sentence: we made that mistake for years... We have to bring in at least 1-2 WC players every year to keep competition and thus top performances up...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:53 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Real Madrid ? :shock:

RM was attacking back then and spent bigtime... They had a squad with great players yes, but very unbalanced...

As for your second sentence: we made that mistake for years... We have to bring in at least 1-2 WC players every year to keep competition and thus top performances up...

"there is not much room" doesn't mean we can't have 1-2 signings.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:20 pm

bastos80 wrote:"there is not much room" doesn't mean we can't have 1-2 signings.

OK, then I misunderstood...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion