You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:now expect a lot of annoying italian journalist around all year... :evil:

At least for once they'll stop their hatred towards Bayern...

.....and hear them after each Bayern victory boast that it is a victory for Italy as well :)

true that
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:now expect a lot of annoying italian journalist around all year... :evil:

.....and hear them after each Bayern victory boast that it is a victory for Italy as well :)

un po d'italia c'era ....... mmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa miaaaaaaaaaa come sono antipatici !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
JANCKER wrote:

Happy..in fact very happy with that.If the Italians can identify with Bayern and come and support us it will increase our fanbase and popularity in Italy..good PR for the club..First the Portugese now the Italians..good for the club..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:20 pm

prasun77 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
JANCKER wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]now expect a lot of annoying italian journalist around all year... :evil:

Happy..in fact very happy with that.If the Italians can identify with Bayern and come and support us it will increase our fanbase and popularity in Italy..good PR for the club..First the Portugese now the Italians..good for the club..[/quote]

forget it... they will never do...
During the Klopp era they used to sympathize with BVB but that was it.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 am

For better comparison purposes (Ancelotti on the left, Guardiola on the right):
  • 54.6% Wins 61.6%
  • 20.6% Defeats 15.1%
  • 1.7 Average goals per game 2.4
  • 0.9 Average goals conceded per game 0.9
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 am

But we have to keep in mind that Pep was coaching might Barca and their peak while C.Ancelotti had PSG and Chelsea... and Milan at their peak.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:38 am

Yeah, we can't really take much from it as they were different eras (although both had excellent teams) but I did it for what it's worth.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:For better comparison purposes (Ancelotti on the left, Guardiola on the right):
  • 54.6% Wins 61.6%
  • 20.6% Defeats 15.1%
  • 1.7 Average goals per game 2.4
  • 0.9 Average goals conceded per game 0.9

Don't compare them to Heynckes or they will look super bad.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:07 pm

The stats regarding these two coaches are extremely misleading!

Ancelotti works as a manager 20 years long
Guardiola works as a manager... 8 years

The Italian didn't start with a world class roster but with Reggiana & Parma, Guardiola was lucky to coach 2 out of the 3 best possible rosters in the world at the moment so obviously he would beat anybodys stats. I know that the particular stats are referring to CL only but still they are misleading, the only truth that gives us is that Guardiola is actually an excellent coach probably at the end of his career with his style,philosophy and the teams he will coach nobody will reach his stats.

As for me personally, I found these two coaches quite flexible on the knock out games, Guardiola is more resourceful but in me eyes Ancelotti is more effective even that his approach is some games are more defensive. Simply if you want to win a marathon such as a championship you hire Pep if you want to win a mini tournament such as CL or EURO I'd take Ancelotti.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Yeah stats like this are always misleading and I was going to say the same thing with regard to Heynckes. But they are a good means of getting an indication of what to expect I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Achilles wrote:The stats regarding these two coaches are extremely misleading!

Ancelotti works as a manager 20 years long
Guardiola works as a manager... 8 years

The Italian didn't start with a world class roster but with Reggiana & Parma, Guardiola was lucky to coach 2 out of the 3 best possible rosters in the world at the moment so obviously he would beat anybodys stats. I know that the particular stats are referring to CL only but still they are misleading, the only truth that gives us is that Guardiola is actually an excellent coach probably at the end of his career with his style,philosophy and the teams he will coach nobody will reach his stats.

As for me personally, I found these two coaches quite flexible on the knock out games, Guardiola is more resourceful but in me eyes Ancelotti is more effective even that his approach is some games are more defensive. Simply if you want to win a marathon such as a championship you hire Pep if you want to win a mini tournament such as CL or EURO I'd take Ancelotti.

But then you look at what Heynckes has achieved and you'd be shellshocked.

Heynckes won the Champions League with a team that hadn't won it in 32 years and another that hadn't won it in 12 years. Guardiola won the Champions League with a team that had won it 2 seasons prior to his appointment and failed to win it with one that had won the treble prior to his appointment. In relative terms, no comparison.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Heynckes also reached the final in every CL he's participated in and won 2 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm

For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby prasun77 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:29 am

ESPN FC's Raphael Honigstein sat down with Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti to discuss first impressions at the Allianz Arena, the evolution of coaching and his own managerial style, and how his tactical approach might change from Pep Guardiola's.

After two weeks in Munich, what are your first impressions of the club, the team and the city?

First impressions are that it's a beautiful experience for me. I found a fantastic club that's really well organised, a beautiful city that's really clean, and the first training sessions have been good. The players are focused, we have a really good squad for the season. Everything is okay until now.

Have you been able to get a sense of how good this team could be? And do you think it'll be fun working with them?

Until now, we (only) have seven (first-team) players here, most are on vacation. But I think the team are really good, the squad is very competitive in all positions of the pitch. I'm very happy and I think we can have a good season.

You've been in charge of the biggest clubs, the biggest players, the biggest egos. How do you see the challenge at Bayern?

The challenge is always the same: You have to be able to build a good relationship with players, to find a good strategy for games, to help players do their best. It's always the same. Everyone has their own character and you have to manage that.

How has coaching changed since you started out at Reggiana 20 years ago?

A lot. My job is completely different to 20 years ago. 20 years ago, you had 16 players, one game per week. Now you have 25 players and a game every three days. It's totally different. It's not possible to train a lot on the pitch. Maybe you can use more video to explain players the strategy of the game. But it's basically play and rest.

How have you changed as coach?

My style is always the same. The most important thing, as I said, is to develop a relationship with my team and to find the right solutions for playing on the pitch, together with them.

Has coaching also become more technical?

I would say more psychological. You have to mange 25 players, only 11 can play. You have to keep the other 14 motivated and that is the most difficult part of my job. Every player wants to play every game, you have to explain to them that they're very important, even if they don't play every game.

Is that the toughest part?

Yes it is. Not the technical part, because it's not about explaining to someone how to play, but how they have to behave. And that's really difficult.

How will the tactical approach change from what we've seen under Pep Guardiola at Bayern over the last three years?

I don't want to make a revolution. Because what this team did in the last three years with Guardiola was really good, they played really well, I don't want to change a lot. Of course I'd like to put (forward) my idea, the players have to be convinced by it. And after that try, we will try and continue this way because this is a good way, I think.

What's your idea? Or is this about tweaking smaller things?

Because we are a strong club with really good players the idea is to play good football, to attack well, to score a lot of goals, to try to avoid goals. Football is not complicated. Good football is simple.

Did you ever come close to being a manager of an international team?

No, I didn't come close. I'd like to work every day, be on the pitch every day. Maybe future, I don't know. But right now, the idea to train a club day by day.

You wouldn't be able to coach enough as an international manager?

It's a very difficult job, because there is no time to train, no time to prepare the team. For that reason, we didn't see high-level football at the Euros. The schedule of the games is so tight that you have no time to organise a team well. It's difficult for national teams to play good football.

It's easier to defend.

Of course. With the ball, it's more difficult, you have to be creative. Without the ball, when you just defend, that's the easiest.

Are you a bit afraid that trend will go towards more defensive football, with teams counter-attacking all the time?

I'm not afraid, because football is always like this. There's a period when possession is (considered) the best way, there is a period when counter-attack is (considered) the best way, and not. That is football. No news.

You wrote during the Euros that Arrigo Sacchi's Milan could do both: Play with possession and counter-attack. You had read balance in that team. Is that the ideal of football?

The most important word in football is balance, in my opinion. To be good with the ball, and good without the ball. This is our job.

Are you looking forward to playing against Milan and Real Madrid on the U.S. tour, two of your former teams? Are these special games for you, against special clubs?

Of course. I was a player and a manager at Milan, I stayed there for 13 years, with really special memories. Also at Real Madrid, I had two really, really intensive years, it was a really, really good experience. These will be a special games, even if they're friendlies.

Is it easier for you to prepare players for (friendly) games against big teams?

It's really exciting for players to play against big teams because that gives you motivation and concentration. Loads of people are going to watch the game, so that's better for every player to play that kind of game. The result, everyone knows that, is not the most important thing. But it's important to have a good performance, to play well and to try to improve your condition before the start of the season.

Some players will only come back next month. How long will it take, you think, for Bayern to be your team on the pitch and play exactly the way you want them to?

All the players are back on August 5. As I said, there's no need for a revolution, so I hope that the team will be ready at the start of the season, for the Supercup against Dortmund on August 14. [source]
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion