You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Tactics schmactics, 3-1-2-3-1 rotating diamond then Robben cuts to the left and shoots, everybody knows he's going to but can't stop it anyway. Players win matches, sure you need some guesswork, ideas and train the team for it but it's a simple game in the end. Full of himself Guardiola spends most of his time trying to prove that it's mainly him winning it and so far has failed miserably.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:Tactics schmactics, 3-1-2-3-1 rotating diamond then Robben cuts to the left and shoots, everybody knows he's going to but can't stop it anyway. Players win matches, sure you need some guesswork, ideas and train the team for it but it's a simple game in the end. Full of himself Guardiola spends most of his time trying to prove that it's mainly him winning it and so far has failed miserably.

I know under Pep we barely qualify for the UCL, BvB have dominated us and our trophy cabinets are empty....OH WAIT!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Can anyone who follows Ancelotti closely tell me whether he rotates a lot? I have the impression he doesn't rotate much, but since leaving Milan and Chelsea I haven't exactly watched many of his games.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 pm

He doesn't, unless forced via injury.

Which is why I made the whole argument that kimmich should be loaned next season

He has a set 11 and plays that set.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Might be problematic unless he changes...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:05 pm

He never had a squad with this kind of depth...

Jupp didnt use to rotate much before he came here IIRC... ;)

Also, neither did Guardiola, if I'm not completely mistaken?! At least I remember to read in several articles that he was not THE big rotator before he came here...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:Tactics schmactics, 3-1-2-3-1 rotating diamond then Robben cuts to the left and shoots, everybody knows he's going to but can't stop it anyway. Players win matches, sure you need some guesswork, ideas and train the team for it but it's a simple game in the end. Full of himself Guardiola spends most of his time trying to prove that it's mainly him winning it and so far has failed miserably.

I know under Pep we barely qualify for the UCL, BvB have dominated us and our trophy cabinets are empty....OH WAIT!

I'm not about that, he failed trophy-wise as well imo but that's a different, long topic.

I'm about him failing to prove that's it's his mastermind ideas, his unpredictability, his vision and he the master of puppets himself that win the game. I think the trumvirate of Lahm setting up this team, Muller motivating it, Ribery keeping discipline and players just playing their game could achieve no less, and maybe achieve more at crucial moments lol.

The list of his failed experiments and reinventions of the weel in bad moments is long enough for such claims imo.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah IIRC, neither Jupp at Leverkusen nor Pep at Barcelona rotated the squad as we've experienced in recent years. Jupp used to focus on the best squad in hand, and Pep used to throw in the occasional player every 2-3 games. Our curent squad depth/quality and frequent injuries will change any coach's perception on squad rotation.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby prasun77 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:02 pm

He doesn't rotate the defenders much and the best players.In the midfield he rotates once in a while but the main thing is he subs in young players almost every game when winning comfortably like he did with coman at psg.casemiro at madrid..likewise.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Casimero started 1 la liga match with carlo and got loaned out the season after....

Coman had 0 starts for Carlo.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Achilles » Wed May 11, 2016 9:04 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Can anyone who follows Ancelotti closely tell me whether he rotates a lot? I have the impression he doesn't rotate much, but since leaving Milan and Chelsea I haven't exactly watched many of his games.

With RM he didn't rotate and he paid for that... especially when RM chased a record for most consecutive wins I think he overdid there badly

He is not at Guardiola's or Benitez level about rotating players but when in every club everyone is happy when Ancelotti was in charge then it won't be a problem here too moreover with THIS roster he doesn't have another option but to rotate.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Can anyone who follows Ancelotti closely tell me whether he rotates a lot? I have the impression he doesn't rotate much, but since leaving Milan and Chelsea I haven't exactly watched many of his games.

With RM he didn't rotate and he paid for that... especially when RM chased a record for most consecutive wins I think he overdid there badly

He is not at Guardiola's or Benitez level about rotating players but when in every club everyone is happy when Ancelotti was in charge then it won't be a problem here too moreover with THIS roster he doesn't have another option but to rotate.

Carlo always had stacked teams and still never rotated, so, your opinion that he has no option is really false.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:09 pm

No team ever wasas stacked as this one... The blind guy who lives behind the moon with his hands in his ears who never watches soccer sees that...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 10:35 pm

#12 wrote:No team ever wasas stacked as this one... The blind guy who lives behind the moon with his hands in his ears who never watches soccer sees that...

Stacked with a injury prone team or the team who hasn't won Champs League in 3 seasons?

Or you mean Carlo taking over Jose's stack Chelsea team or the galactico era part 2 of Real Madrid.

Time for you to SSHHH and get back on the moon
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Wed May 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

I'm not about that, he failed trophy-wise as well imo but that's a different, long topic.

Ancelotti might fail trophywise too, I hope you're not expecting to collect trebles or anything otherwise you might hate Ancelotti probably more at the end. He might not win the Bundesliga every season like Guardiola did, and there's no guarantee he'll win the CL either.

If Ancelotti won the CL 3 times in his 19 years of coaching the best teams in the world, he also failed 16 times, and don't think they didn't have Bayern's quality: Juventus, Milan and Real all did, even exceeded in some areas.

In fact, Ancelotti won only 3 league titles in his entire 19 year coaching career. His win ratio is lower than both Guardiola and Mourinho. He's the first ever Real Madrid coach to lose a La Liga title to Atletico Madrid in history. If your criteria was not being able to beat teams like Atletico, he was Simeone's bitch in Spain for 2 seasons, and he also lost to Barca, and lost to and got knocked out by Juventus last season, playing a ridiculous highline.. And so what?

Ancelotti is a fine coach, I like Ancelotti, but you might want to readjust your expectations, he won't change Bayern overnight. There are a lot of things involved in winning the CL, including luck and hunger, both of which Bayern players lacked since they won the treble. They had the hunger this season but not the luck, we could've been in the CL final today had Muller scored that penalty and made it 2-0.

The list of his failed experiments and reinventions of the weel in bad moments is long enough for such claims imo.

Wait till you see Ancelotti's experiments :)

Experiments are good. People who don't experiment are predictable and are doomed to lose. Ancelotti will also experiment, Simeone experiments too..

#12 wrote:No team ever wasas stacked as this one... The blind guy who lives behind the moon with his hands in his ears who never watches soccer sees that...

All of his teams were stacked and his Milan team had insane quality, even his Real team had 30 players at his disposal and he could at least rotate some burned out players against teams like Getafe and Las Palmas, you don't need ultimate quality against those teams. But even after Modric got injured (because he was overplayed and his body burned out) and after Kroos publicly said he was too tired for playing every game, he didn't rotate the team.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion