You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:45 am

Under his reign I don't want to see those back passes any more... and to improve in set pieces...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am

He will be building upon Pep's work. I doubt that he'll overhaul our entire tactical system which has been put in place ever since LvG stepped foot here. He's too smart to do so. I believe he'd do something similar to what Jupp did when he took over 5 years ago.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:12 am

Carlo can play possession football. His Milan team did so regularly with Seedorf, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka etc. They wouldn't take it to the extreme Pep levels, but they would often hide the ball away from the opposition. That is what they did against MU in 2007 when Milan was arguably a weaker team overall. He also installed a very well balanced system at Chelsea that led to their best ever offensive season and for what it's worth he did the same at PSG - though clearly the opposition is a level below them.

So I am fairly sure there will not be radical turnovers in the team. But he will most likely balance the team a bit more and try to gain some defensive composure that has been lacking with Guardiola. We will most likely see a return to more traditional central midfielders and keeping the full backs closer to the wings.

His main problem has been that he seems to lack the hunger and the passion of say a Simeone, Pep or Klopp, so his teams tend to relax at times. That means losing focus in the league against weaker opposition from time to time and also failing to keep the intensity in the CL - though having won the trophy three times it's a bit much to ask him to do better. If we fail at times under him it will most likely be because we are too sure of ourselves and not because he has taken some weird approach to the game just for the sake of it - as is often the case with Pep. (I know Pep's fans try to rationalize and explain some of his decisions, doesn't change the fact that by most people's standards they seem to be radical changes he takes)
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Felipe @FCBayernUpdate
SZ: @MrAncelotti sees @Javi8martinez in midfield. @FCBayernEN will sign 2 central defenders, @matshummels and another one.

Felipe@FCBayernUpdate
SZ: Jonathan Tah (@bayer04_en) and Kalidou Koulibaly (@sscnapoli) are options for @FCBayernEN.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Setting aside price concerns for a moment, I'd want Tah to continue his development for the sake of the national team as well. So I am not sure that putting him on the bench, as he would be with Boa and Hummels and arguably Badsturber coming back, would be best for his development. I'd take Koulibaly in that case.

Kimmich, Javi, Thiago and Vidal for the middle two is a nice group.

Hopefully we can still get Ricardo Rodriguez for LB.

We need a backup striker though, Lewy and Muller need some extra rest.

p.s I am sure Gotze, Alonso, Rode, Benattia are leaving at this point.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby DRvad14 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:54 pm

“When we speak about attacking, usually that’s down to the creativity of the players but the coach can do much more for the team in defensive tasks. That’s team work. The coach’s mentality is fundamental to that."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Every coach has his own philosophy and Ancelotti's has been proven to be successful, especially in knock-out tournaments. I think and hope we will be watching a dominant, yet balanced, offesnive and defensive Bayern during his tenure.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:41 pm

any guess of who will be his assistant? Seedorf or
Old Boy Marc Van Bommel.... ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm

They say he likes clubs ex-players as assistants. MvB or Sagnol maybe?

I would like van Bommel. We do need to toughen up a bit.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Sammer and MvB... hmmm
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue May 03, 2016 4:59 pm

AC Milan boys "reunited"... :P I'd prefer Klose if he retires cause he said once that he'd be interested in managing and he'd be eligible cause he speaks Italian.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Wed May 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Bayern at the moment are playing the most effective style of football, but it requires the best players on the pitch, which we haven't always had the last few years; possession, patience, attack, and high press? That style is unbeatable, and it showed yesterday; the goal we gave up was an individual error and the "failed" system produced 33 shots and many clear chances, it's not Pep's fault we didn't convert them. However, the horizontal possession we have played in away legs actually isn't even Pep's classic style because Barcelona never played like that, they always looked to move up. So, in my eyes, Pep's culmination of tactics was actually yesterday; the first half was what Pep wanted every game from Bayern, but, at times, he hasn't had or hasn't chosen to put the best quality players on the pitch. Just my opinion. Pep's true tactics aren't horizontal possession, it's pragmatic vertical buildup and high press. Having possession isn't a bad thing, remember, under Heynckes in Bundesliga we often had dominant possession numbers. Ancelotti will not dispose of these tactics. That being said, I think Pep has had a tendency to play too pragmatic, especially away from home, while Ancelotti always, always plays to win, like a good manager should. I think he will be a great success here, but another thing, why isn't Germany producing so many great coaches anymore? It's just inconvenient to hire foreign managers because it hampers communication
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm

I mainly hope that Bayern games won't be putting me to sleep anymore. That Arsenal game, was it 600 or 700 passes? Half of that to the back lol.
Ziklitschli
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby nikbyrne » Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:Bayern at the moment are playing the most effective style of football, but it requires the best players on the pitch, which we haven't always had the last few years; possession, patience, attack, and high press? That style is unbeatable, and it showed yesterday; the goal we gave up was an individual error and the "failed" system produced 33 shots and many clear chances, it's not Pep's fault we didn't convert them. However, the horizontal possession we have played in away legs actually isn't even Pep's classic style because Barcelona never played like that, they always looked to move up. So, in my eyes, Pep's culmination of tactics was actually yesterday; the first half was what Pep wanted every game from Bayern, but, at times, he hasn't had or hasn't chosen to put the best quality players on the pitch. Just my opinion. Pep's true tactics aren't horizontal possession, it's pragmatic vertical buildup and high press. Having possession isn't a bad thing, remember, under Heynckes in Bundesliga we often had dominant possession numbers. Ancelotti will not dispose of these tactics. That being said, I think Pep has had a tendency to play too pragmatic, especially away from home, while Ancelotti always, always plays to win, like a good manager should. I think he will be a great success here, but another thing, why isn't Germany producing so many great coaches anymore? It's just inconvenient to hire foreign managers because it hampers communication

At the moment the only German manager is Klopp, which is disappointing, Tuchel could be a top coach but still needs experience in big games, the game at Anfield showed this. There once was a time when Germany had the likes of Hitzfeld and Heyenkes, but there has been a dip since. There doesn't seem to be many young managers coming through in Germany. I rate managers like Schmidt at Mainz and Schuber at Gladbach, but whether they can make it big remains to be seen.
nikbyrne
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:Bayern at the moment are playing the most effective style of football, but it requires the best players on the pitch, which we haven't always had the last few years; possession, patience, attack, and high press? That style is unbeatable, and it showed yesterday; the goal we gave up was an individual error and the "failed" system produced 33 shots and many clear chances, it's not Pep's fault we didn't convert them. However, the horizontal possession we have played in away legs actually isn't even Pep's classic style because Barcelona never played like that, they always looked to move up. So, in my eyes, Pep's culmination of tactics was actually yesterday; the first half was what Pep wanted every game from Bayern, but, at times, he hasn't had or hasn't chosen to put the best quality players on the pitch. Just my opinion. Pep's true tactics aren't horizontal possession, it's pragmatic vertical buildup and high press. Having possession isn't a bad thing, remember, under Heynckes in Bundesliga we often had dominant possession numbers. Ancelotti will not dispose of these tactics. That being said, I think Pep has had a tendency to play too pragmatic, especially away from home, while Ancelotti always, always plays to win, like a good manager should. I think he will be a great success here, but another thing, why isn't Germany producing so many great coaches anymore? It's just inconvenient to hire foreign managers because it hampers communication

Pep got punished for thinking outside of the box more than he should his big weapon as a coach "his unconventional mind" bounced back many times during his CL career with our team, that's what all of his fans and Pep himself should accept.
There were times that we just have to defend for 10-15 minutes, defense is not always "parking the bus" you can have two DMFs or having your lines very close, real CBs starting the game, making some subs to enhance your defense before the 80th minute simple changes and tactics that you do on PS4...
Pep always gave me the idea both at Barca & Bayern that everything and I mean everything must be "different" not the classic way or the easy way,even the subs must be something extraordinary and unconventional, that's not the case, there are some times -not many necessarily- that you have to do what a 15-year-old kid manager would do but in his "super-mind" this scenarios doesn't fit good because as I said he has to be different from the others... I respect him because of the way he sees football and tries to play but he is so damn stubborn that he pi$ses me off. Great coach though.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion