You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:38 pm

I think the trainer has to take responsibility for the form of the players. One player out of form, perhaps - but if the player is out of form over his entire tenure, even that should raise questions. But it isn't just one player. You can find excuses for every one of them individually, but with the overall picture plus the reports concerning his training I find it difficult to absolve the coach from all responsibilities when it comes to form.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 am

RedQueen wrote:I think the trainer has to take responsibility for the form of the players. One player out of form, perhaps - but if the player is out of form over his entire tenure, even that should raise questions. But it isn't just one player. You can find excuses for every one of them individually, but with the overall picture plus the reports concerning his training I find it difficult to absolve the coach from all responsibilities when it comes to form.

This.
Even if we exclude our new arrivals, the guys with chronic injury problems or just aging (let's say Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm, Alonso), and perhaps even those whose decline started before Carlo (I'll say Alaba and Müller), you're still left with:

Neuer - no improvement
Ulreich - no improvement, maybe worse
Hummels - no improvement
Javi - worse
Bernat - better
Kimmich - worse
Rafinha - no improvement
Vidal - worse
Thiago - better
Sanches - worse
Costa - worse
Coman - worse
Lewandowski - no improvement

And of course, though I did mention Alaba and Müller's declines started under Pep, they're still much worse overall right now after Carlo than any point under Pep. The two who improved - Thiago and Bernat - can we say that it's due to Carlo's coaching that they improved? I don't think so. Thiago's form has coincided with a better spell of health and Bernat's with more playing time due to injury/poor form from Alaba. Overall, I don't think we can say any player improved as a result of Ancelotti's coaching.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 am

aterford wrote:Neuer - no improvement
Ulreich - no improvement, maybe worse
Hummels - no improvement
Javi - worse
Bernat - better
Kimmich - worse
Rafinha - no improvement
Vidal - worse
Thiago - better
Sanches - worse
Costa - worse
Coman - worse
Lewandowski - no improvement

I've always been saying, nobody was born to be a good footballer. I critized and lost faith with Schweini in 2012, I was so done with Boateng in the 09-12 period (stupid reds against Russia and BATE). They later grew into big winners, which was totally unexpected for me. Because they grew.

I don't think we need to look back and cry for not signing KdB, Sane, Sanchez etc, etc. With the training we had in the past two years even if we had Messi he would have been destroyed.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Was watching Tottenham v Liverpool
https://twitter.com/MrAncelotti/status/ ... 3478738944

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 am

ramsej84 wrote:Was watching Tottenham v Liverpool
https://twitter.com/MrAncelotti/status/ ... 3478738944

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Think he'll take over Liverpool when Klopp's out?

I saw "insider" claims Ancelotti will sign with Guangzhou Evergrande soon. Scolari's contract is expiring and he's not getting a new one.

So Basler was right. This man was just killing time waiting (even provoking) us to fire him.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 pm

No one will ever convince me he didn't already have a deal if that happens
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
What an idiot. Even Joachim Low, who used to have a pathological hatred of strikers, doesn't try playing Muller at center forward anymore.

However, there is something interesting in this. Both Pep and Ancelotti were central midfielders, and they were convinced that Muller could fill in as striker as needed despite this failing every time they tried. Thus, they ensured that we didn't have any backups to Lewandowski.

Meanwhile, Jupp was actually a forward(and a damn good one at that), and he both never played Muller as a lone striker and ensured that the team had at least 3 dedicated center forwards at all times.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:21 am

Don't be silly. Löw has no hatred for strikers. He simply didn't have one available other than Klose. And don't bring Kießling into the discussion. If you publicly disrespect the head coach you can't be expected to be called up for the national team. That's not just a question of personal pride. It's destroying the team spirit if you have a player who openly disrespects the coach.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 am

Muller wasn't on his first plan, so he wanted to use him as a backup for any of the attackers.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:33 am

RedQueen wrote:Don't be silly. Löw has no hatred for strikers. He simply didn't have one available other than Klose. And don't bring Kießling into the discussion. If you publicly disrespect the head coach you can't be expected to be called up for the national team. That's not just a question of personal pride. It's destroying the team spirit if you have a player who openly disrespects the coach.

Well, you are kind of right. I was exaggerating to make my point. However, I will say that Low had plenty of mediocre strikers to chose from(who probably would have scored far more goals with better teammates like Sandro Wagner does), he just preferred playing with another attacking midfielder rather than lowering the quality of the team. Unfortunately, that never worked well, so by this point he's decided that he would rather start Wagner or Stindl than play without a striker.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 am

Manchu wrote:What an idiot. Even Joachim Low, who used to have a pathological hatred of strikers,

Can you provide any facts on this? As it stands, this sounds quite unfounded.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Italy and Croatia court Ancelotti [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria