You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby prasun77 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Now I suppose you guys are happy?

Double standards by the board..
Why wasn't pep sacked after 4-0 at HOME against madrid..
Is it carlo's fault that you can't buy a proper replacement for Robben Ribery?Fighting over every penny?
Pep was not given the budget here to succeed..look at the players he bought at man city..
No coach can succeed here..Who can replace him now?
Are we Chelsea?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ollio » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

prasun77 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Is it carlo's fault that you can't buy a proper replacement for Robben Ribery?Fighting over every penny?
Pep was not given the budget here to succeed..look at the players he bought at man city..
Are we Chelsea?

Those are viable questions in light of results. I think the answer lies more in the way we've played and what the board saw might be ahead of us. A proactive decision more than anything. Pep's 4-0 was at the semis, even getting to the semis is a great achievement. A huge one for most teams in Europe. We've had our worst start to the season in a long time and we have looked terrible even when we've won. I see no double standards.

We have a world class squad regardless of our transfer windows, which should play better than what we've seen since preseason. The way our world class players play is not up to the board. It's either coaches or the players themselves.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby bastos80 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:35 pm

I agree with you on everything after this.
But Carlo was sacked because theres no development at all and the team seems unhappy with him.
Didn't have that with Pep.
The 3-0 yesterday was simply the logical conclusion to many things that didn't go very well.

The first mistake was not going all the way with Guardiola and let him take charge here.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 pm

see the irony..he left psg on his own..
Psg got their revenge..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby endrity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:00 pm

I kinda wished it would work out for Carlo, and I really was a fan of his hiring. But I reluctantly have to agree with the board here. It's clear that they have seen a lot of complacency behind the scenes too and in that case it's probably to act early, even though it's rare to see a top club fire a coach this soon.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Are we Chelsea?

Why? Because he won the double...

Also, i think we spent more this summer than in any of Pep's seasons but not 100% sure
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:43 pm

I have to Consider Carlo Ancelotti as the worst person in Bayern history. This person only brought us tough losses for our european history when he coached Milan, Real Madrid and with us.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Well...that's all she wrote
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm glad he's gone, because so many players have been underperforming lately, it's hard to tell who we can count on anymore, and where else we need reinforcements (apart from the obvious ones). Had this sacking happen at the end of season, we'd have a more difficult transfer window.

We should be able to win BL even without a WC coach, and CL is toast anyway as the squad itself is not good enough. I'm curious to see whether we bring in a caretaker (to wait for Nagelsmann) or we just appoint someone available like Tuchel straight away.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm

prasun77 wrote:Now I suppose you guys are happy?

Is it carlo's fault that you can't buy a proper replacement for Robben Ribery? Fighting over every penny?
Are we Chelsea?

Jupp Heynckes succeded here with a similar budget. True that Robben Ribery replacement has not been addressed although I do not think that is the problem, bringing expensive players if not even a solution. The problem right now is that our 60M players play like 20M players, our 40M players play like 10M players and our 20M players play like amateurs.

The problem has deeper roots than spending money or getting rid of Ancelotti or Pep. Maybe, bringing Pep and Ancelotti to start with is the beginning of the problem
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Ancelotti is on the verge of signing with the Maltese NT
https://www.facebook.com/ReplayNetTelevision/
Now I know why Ancelotti left Bayern! .... :twisted:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:20 pm

bastos80 wrote:

I agree with you on everything after this.
But Carlo was sacked because theres no development at all and the team seems unhappy with him.
Didn't have that with Pep.
The 3-0 yesterday was simply the logical conclusion to many things that didn't go very well.

The first mistake was not going all the way with Guardiola and let him take charge here.

Erm what? The guy is BURNING money... Full control for a mere coach? Nope...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:that was fast!!!!! hahahahaha. fatty got a lesson. no one is bigge than the club. that could be a lesson for lewy or anyone else speaking without thinking

I could, yes... Indeed. VERY good point. :-k
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby prasun77 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Jorge wrote:
Jupp Heynckes succeded here with a similar budget. True that Robben Ribery replacement has not been addressed although I do not think that is the problem, bringing expensive players if not even a solution. The problem right now is that our 60M players play like 20M players, our 40M players play like 10M players and our 20M players play like amateurs.

The problem has deeper roots than spending money or getting rid of Ancelotti or Pep. Maybe, bringing Pep and Ancelotti to start with is the beginning of the problem

Hello? Heynckes was our coach in 2012..Today an average dabbing joe with 0 positional sense costs ..guess what? 105 million..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:23 pm

The sacked manager has many fine attributes but could never live up to his predecessor and Wednesday’s defeat to Paris Saint-German was the final straw.When Bayern Munich came to London last March to face Arsenal, following one 5-1 victory and just about to register another, everything seemed rosy in the kingdom of FC Hollywood. Sure, their football in the Bundesliga had hardly been edge-of-the-seat stuff, but Carlo Ancelotti spoke confidently, almost bullishly, of his team before the game in the press room at the Emirates Stadium.He talked of his side approaching their physical best, and of their “real energy”. It felt like his plan to take them back to Champions League glory – the reason that he was appointed to replace Pep Guardiola in the first place – was coming together at the right time. It felt like Bayern could be becoming Ancelotti’s team at last.
Once we walked up into the stands to see Bayern go through an innocuous 15-minute warm-up in the chill of a north London evening, it became clear that was perhaps less the case than the Italian would like to believe. The players immediately organised themselves into a high-tempo rondo – the piggy-in-the-middle one-touch game so beloved of Guardiola that set the tone in his reign from the very beginning. For all the world’s media, the indelible mark left on the squad by the Catalan tactician was plain to see.It is living in the shadow of Guardiola that has ultimately cost Ancelotti his post at Bayern. The club’s management always knew there would be a drop-off in intensity when Guardiola – to their disappointment – left, and there was even the suggestion in some quarters that might not be a bad thing. Working under Guardiola is demanding and some of the squad, notably Franck Ribery, had become tired of his micro-management.Yet those players who breathed a sigh of relief at seeing the back of his three-line whip perhaps came to crave its return. They went from being kept on a short leash to being allowed to run around the park for hours. Still, as Bayern have underachieved this season, there has been a lot of dishonest revision of Ancelotti’s attributes, or apparent lack thereof.Some have even gone as far as to suggest he does not do anything. This is plainly nonsense – ask Paris Saint-Germain, who mourned his loss for a prolonged period after his 2013 departure. Ancelotti showed PSG what being an elite club was all about, getting the players into the habit of recuperating and spending time with each other at Camp des Loges – just as the great Milan teams did at Milanello – and persuading the likes of Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic that the club were for real. “Paris lui doit tellement” – Paris owe him so much – said the headline in Wednesday’s L’Equipe, on the eve of that ultimately ruinous defeat at Parc des Princes. For those who thought Ancelotti has no eye for detail, there was even the anecdote that he ordered ballboys for training in his time at PSG to minimise the dead time between exercises.Tactical nuance, however, clearly is not his thing, and this began to frustrate the German champions’ squad – and those upstairs, who had seen Guardiola create a discernible Bayern brand of football. International observers may keep coming back to Guardiola’s failure to take Bayern back to the Champions League final in his three-year spell, but locals will remind you the football that the team produced in that time was out of this world.Such peaks were the product of no let-up. That is not Ancelotti’s style, and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge knew that when he appointed him. The lack of dazzle in Bundesliga action did not cause any initial alarm – if underwhelming domestically meant having plenty left in the tank for the final stages of the Champions League, then that was a price that Bayern were prepared to pay to allow Ancelotti to work his magic.The majesty with which they overwhelmed Arsenal was all too brief, though, and the awful second half performance in the quarter-final, first leg against Real Madrid was the beginning of the end for the coach. Rummenigge may have spent a long time bemoaning the officiating in the second leg at the Bernabéu but deep down, he knew what he saw at the Allianz Arena the week before – his team, faced with a setback against a high-quality opponent for one of the first times that season, and with absolutely no answer to it.Accordingly, Bayern went into this season with what amounted to a lame duck head coach, with the hope that he would keep everything shipshape until Julian Nagelsmann could arrive with a new energy next summer. A series of disjointed performances, a pertinent loss to Nagelsmann’s Hoffenheim and scarcely-concealed rebellion in public comments by Thomas Müller, Robert Lewandowski and, after the humbling in Paris, Arjen Robben has brought things to a head sooner than Rummenigge or Uli Hoeness would like.Whether right now is the right moment for Nagelsmann is questionable – he is a prodigious talent but still only 30 and whoever comes in will need not only to have ideas, but to quickly put a lid on any dressing-room unrest. Willy Sagnol, a Bayern lifer appointed as Ancelotti’s assistant by the board in an attempt to exert more control over the first-team, has taken temporary charge but will have to show his communication skills have considerably improved from his time at Bordeaux – where he stumbled into a racism storm and fell out with staff after a bright start – to last more than a few weeks.

Ancelotti will walk away with his reputation largely undamaged, and that is fair. He was maybe the right type of coach for Bayern at completely the wrong moment.

Shadow of Pep Guardiola made Carlo Ancelotti a man out of time at Bayern [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion