You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby #12 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:09 pm

MUTU wrote:
Coman wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

According to Sport1 Hoeness and Rummenigge will ask Ancelotti for an interview about what happen this season and talk about his problem with young players.

Good.

I always laugh when I hear such reports. If this was true, not even Ancelotti would know as the claim is that they haven't even asked him for the meeting yet, so how would the media know? Did they hide a spy microphone and overheard a conversation between Hoeness and Rummenigge?

In the German text it says they have a meeting planned after the season is over (which is not really surprising...) It's harder to know about the content of the talk... But do you think people don't talk in a soccer club?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

So we won like 2 in 10 recently... **** you, I can do THAT!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Sat May 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Against Leipzig :

Kimmich, Alonso, Thiago midfield trio => Leipzig 4-2 Bayern
Thiago, Vidal, Müller midfield trio => Leipzig 0 - 3 Bayern

This game is just the resume of Ancelotti choice all over the season.

He ruined our potential great season with his choice. That's all.

You can say what you want but that just the truth.

Now the devil Alonso is out. But our problem will still be here if Ancelotti start without Müller and use Thiago as attacking midfielder.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Coman wrote:Against Leipzig :

Now the devil Alonso is out. But our problem will still be here if Ancelotti start without Müller and use Thiago as attacking midfielder.

Agree. Thiago needs to be employed as a regista (maybe alongside a pure DM and with a true creative midfielder upfront). We need major changes on our midfield balance. I hope the board gets the right players for Carlo to have no excuse to **** up.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Agree. Thiago needs to be employed as a regista (maybe alongside a pure DM and with a true creative midfielder upfront). We need major changes on our midfield balance. I hope the board gets the right players for Carlo to have no excuse to **** up.

Sorry but Ancelotti had the right players.

He had all the fun in the world to use Thiago, Vidal and Müller together who is an amazing midfield but he rather use Alonso. He has Kimmich who only need to play a lot to become world class but he choose Alonso. He had Sanches who played a great game against Atletico and when Alonso came back from injury (too bad it wasn't 10 months) he put Sanches on the bench for 4 months.

He has NO excuse. It's HIS fault. Nothing else.

And when he will start Vidal, Kimmich (or Sanches) and Thiago in midfield next season and that it will suck once again, it will be because "Müller has a poor season" again ?

Fire him. Time gained.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Coman wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Sorry but Ancelotti had the right players.

He had all the fun in the world to use Thiago, Vidal and Müller together who is an amazing midfield but he rather use Alonso. He has Kimmich who only need to play a lot to become world class but he choose Alonso. He had Sanches who played a great game against Atletico and when Alonso came back from injury (too bad it wasn't 10 months) he put Sanches on the bench for 4 months.

He has NO excuse. It's HIS fault. Nothing else.

And when he will start Vidal, Kimmich (or Sanches) and Thiago in midfield next season and that it will suck once again, it will be because "Müller has a poor season" again ?

Fire him. Time gained.

No need for fighting, I agree. You know. Advocate Nagelsmann.

But having Alonso on the squad was an excuse for him (as in a negative excuse; something you *use* as an excuse).

OTOH, the lack of a proper creative midfielder and a WC LW were proper excuses for him.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Sat May 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I never understand why Thiago wasn't used as anti-Alonso when needed, he can do almost everything Alonso does at this age better except the long diagonal pass which is something I can't comprehend that a player at this age can so easy as Xabi Alonso but this is another story.

Thiago can be the new Alonso is Ancelotti's formation without a doubt, the only thing he should master is to play the ball quicker forward than carry it as he usually does, that's all.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Achilles wrote:I never understand why Thiago wasn't used as anti-Alonso when needed, he can do almost everything Alonso does at this age better except the long diagonal pass which is something I can't comprehend that a player at this age can so easy as Xabi Alonso but this is another story.

Thiago can be the new Alonso is Ancelotti's formation without a doubt, the only thing he should master is to play the ball quicker forward than carry it as he usually does, that's all.

Been wondering this for ages!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Achilles wrote:I never understand why Thiago wasn't used as anti-Alonso when needed, he can do almost everything Alonso does at this age better except the long diagonal pass which is something I can't comprehend that a player at this age can so easy as Xabi Alonso but this is another story.

IMO, he plays the ball quick enough and also better than Alonso (more long-range midfield-splitting defense-splitting through balls). Long diagonals are bad tactics; the ball spends too much time with the wingers, it makes us less direct. It is a vestige of Pep's unorthodox 442.

I've been calling for Thiago to be made permanent regista all season long.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Same here... but I have a feeling that he will put Rudy in Alonso's role

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 am

i watched some of Bayern's games again. Our midfield under Ancelotti has been the worst I have seen in past few years. there were absolutely no organisation among them. I wonder if he ever has game plan.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Sat May 20, 2017 10:12 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I've been calling for Thiago to be made permanent regista all season long.

And you shouldn't have. Bayern had a league record 1,000 goals coming from through balls and on the CL stage he was second in key passes only to Messi. Dropping him back would be a statistical mistake of Moneyballess proportions.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 am

The Bavarians boss has been criticised for not playing his young stars in Germany, but has defended himself against criticism about his management
Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti has hit back at claims that he has not given young players a chance.
The Italian was criticised by midfielder Joshua Kimmich due to the 22-year-old not featuring as much as he would like for Bayern Munich, while Renato Sanches and Kingsley Coman were also afforded little opportunity in the Bundesliga.“I'm not happy about it; it is not satisfactory and also not my ambition," Kimmich told Bild in March. "We now have a good lead in the Bundesliga. Perhaps now there will be some rotation.”

Ancelotti has defended himself from the criticism, claiming that a top team like Bayern Munich are simply unable to offer the same opportunities to young players as smaller clubs.

"I think a top club does not have the possibility to give the players time to grow in the first team," Ancelotti told Goal.

"This is obvious, because the most important thing for top clubs is to win the games. So the young players who need time to develop don't have time in the first team. A young player at Bayern has to be ready to play. So I think this hasn't changed.

"Most of the time, a young player that grows in a top team usually has to go away for loan for one year or two years, and then they come back when they are ready. So I often have no time to give the players time to improve, because I have to be focused on the result of the team."

The former Juventus, Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid manager continued by highlighting the young players he has given chances to, including a teenage Gianluigi Buffon as well as Hernan Crespo and Brazilian duo Alexandre Pato and Kaka."Just to finish: I read that I am against the young players, but some people forget I put Buffon in the goal when he was 17 years old," Ancelotti said.

"I put Crespo, Pato, Kaka when they were 19 or 20 years old, because simply they were ready to play."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:33 am

So Kimmich is not ready to play, but the geezer was? Got it...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun May 21, 2017 12:44 pm

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion