You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:27 am

Weird all the criticism he faced earlier is gone

The guy has things under control just sit back and enjoy some beautiful football!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 am

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Weird all the criticism he faced earlier is gone

The guy has things under control just sit back and enjoy some beautiful football!

I'll be the first to admit I was very skeptical and had some knee jerk reactions, I was wrong lol. The 433 he was pushing in the beginning was terrible, but the moment he switched to the 4231 we've been on the right track. The one match I remember that felt like the turning point was against Mainz with Thiago as a 10 and Lahm in midfield. Domination
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 am

At first the football sucked, but last game was a masterpiece. The first goal, specially... What a beauty!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:49 am

sherpthederp wrote:

I'll be the first to admit I was very skeptical and had some knee jerk reactions, I was wrong lol. The 433 he was pushing in the beginning was terrible, but the moment he switched to the 4231 we've been on the right track. The one match I remember that felt like the turning point was against Mainz with Thiago as a 10 and Lahm in midfield. Domination

I don't think it has anything to do with the formation. The team just switched gears. I bet that we would produce just as great football if we switched to 433 right now.

PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 am

It's not that weird, is it? I think most of us would admit we had a somewhat rough start to the season but on the same page we're playing quite well right now.
So it makes sense that earlier criticisms aren't happening anymore, as the situation has improved...

However, it's worth remembering--you don't win any trophies for winning in March/early April (well, I suppose you can win the BL but I think everyone has set their sights higher).
I'll continue to support Carlo, of course, but I think we'd do well to remember that as of right now we haven't truly won anything yet....I'll withhold much further assessment until the next two months play out.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with the formation. The team just switched gears. I bet that we would produce just as great football if we switched to 433 right now.

I think it is a combination of factors. For one, it does seem like the team is in full gear right now, which is why we signed Ancelotti in the first place, and the results reflect that. We would undoubtedly be playing at least decently with the 4-3-3

However, it's also matter of tactics and the team and the manager getting to know each other better. In fact, we're winning a lot of matches on basically half gear right now, something that we wouldn't have been able to get away with in the fall, and our margins of victory are usually excellent. In fact, it almost seems like parking the bus isn't really a viable tactic against us anymore because we get through them so easily, and the only games that we have drawn are those when Ancelotti departs from the formula, either by playing Muller as a lone striker and/or starting Alonso and Muller together.* It seems like Ancelotti has managed to teach the team to defend in a way that doesn't leave it hilariously exposed to counter attacks against top sides(remembers Guardiola's games against Real Madrid and Barcelona and shudders), and it's reflected in how few goals we've conceded. At the start of the season, our main tactic against parked buses was spraying endless crosses, but Ancelotti has got the team to play more direct in a way that's dangerous and forces the opposing team to press higher, allowing us to pass more easily pass through their defense. He's switched to the 4-2-3-1 and started playing Muller as a secondary striker, which greatly contributes to the increased directness. He's stopped getting half the team injured in training. These are all specific tactical improvements over where we were last fall(and incidentally most of them reflect the tactics of Heynckes rather than those of Guardiola).

In short, I don't expect us to play quite as well next fall as we're doing now, but we're definitely going to play much better, unless we sell our entire squad this summer, than we did last fall. Hopefully, we'll have made Guardiola look like a fraud before then.

*Incidentally, we actually played pretty well against Borussia 'Gladbach with both Alonso and Muller playing, but it seems like a big part of it was having Thiago as a second deep-lying playmaker on the field.

sherpthederp wrote:

Thiago was part of the double pivot with Lahm that match. Muller was the 10. And yes, that really felt like a turning point for me and evidently for the coach. Ancelotti only played the 4-3-3 once after that.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Coman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:57 am

He took 3 months to switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 and to stop using Müller on a wing. That was the main problem because once the 4-2-3-1 took place Bayern started to play way better football...

The way he controls the turn-over is almost perfect. Nobody never said anything on this.

There are still some problem imo :
- no Müller in big games but Alonso who have way too much credit from the coach
- he doesn't give game time enough to Renato Sanches

Of course there was a physical problem in the first part of the season because he wants to see the team at 100% in april.

Now we are in april, the team is at 100% and I hope his choice on the team sheet will not destroy everything.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:07 am

Coman wrote:

He took 3 months to switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 and to stop using Müller on a wing. That was the main problem because once the 4-2-3-1 took place Bayern started to play way better football...

The way he controls the turn-over is almost perfect. Nobody never said anything on this.

Of course there was a physical problem in the first part of the season because he wants to see the team at 100% in april.

Now we are in april, the team is at 100% and I hope his choice on the team sheet will not destroy everything.

Well said, my thoughts exactly. Just hope we aren't peaking too early.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 am

Coman wrote:

Well, hopefully Muller's latest performances and Ancelotti's desire to counter how Real Madrid plays will change that. Honestly, though, Alonso is being practically frozen out in the Bundesliga right now and this won't be a problem next season.

That is somewhat problematic, but it's understandable, Sanches is still only 19 and he needs to develop more(with a lot of the development coming through training with and being mentored by the best) before he can get regular game time. This isn't 5 or 6 years ago, the Bayern squad is much better and it's harder for young players to break through because Bayern has to always win. Honestly, a loan might a good idea; after all, that's how Kroos kickstarted his career.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby endrity » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:06 am

I never worried too much about the early results, which were not bad to begin with. Not only it was going to take some time switching from the Pep methods but most importantly with Carlo there is always a bit of a relaxed atmosphere. He is not running around the sideline in August games to bark orders to players. He is great for learning how to deal with pro players and how to make them pace themselves. Hopefully he has also installed some stronger defensive discipline to display against Real.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:

At first the football sucked, but last game was a masterpiece. The first goal, specially... What a beauty!

Exactly. In my opinion the criticism back then is still justified. But it's great that ue figured things out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Do not take this as criticism of Ancelotti (yet), but: ever started to wonder for a second that the team might have a hand in this as well? Cause the other day I caught myself contemplating how the real big Bayern teams always were very strong on the mental side... Maybe after three years of close calls they decided to fire it up a little differently? Cause I kinda doubt that you can always get a team to peak when you want, and I doubt even more that it's possible to "hide" that for 6 months - you gain fitness in preseason and I doubt we were completely unable to play better before...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Unless they were intentionally out to sabotage Pep I don't think this is true. If you can't motivate yourself to play in a CL semifinal there is something wrong with you.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:37 pm

No don't get me wrong... Not about motivation... Determination! Like after 2012 I could've sworn they would never again get a chance like that... And then, no matter the opponent, they were just out there to win...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion