You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:33 pm

JANCKER wrote:We've beaten everyone who BVB has beaten last season... not everything is the same in BuLi. We struggle against someone, BVB struggles too but they end up losing. That BVB would be first this season is hypothetical and can't be anything more than that...
Tuchel has been exposed IMO, it was Klopp's legacy that made him successful...

That BVB wouldn't have dropped points this BVB has dropped. It's not that Tuchel has been exposed IMO, his tactics this season are inferior to his tactics last season and it's down to personel; increased wingplay relying on Puslic and Dembele is worst than central play with Mkhitaryan and Reus, weird 3-men defenses are an attempted answer to not having two WC CDs, the hole in MF is a consequence of losing their main creative force in Gündogan and having his heir (Guerreiro) mostly injured. Can't be bothered at the moment to look at the numbers but I'm fairly certain that they would be first.

We are so far ahead because of massive the underperformance of the theoretical BuLi top 5 excluding us; BVB, Leverkusen, Schalke and Wolfsburg. That Leverkusen and Schalke are not on European spots with the squads they have is frankly unacceptable.

@dumbledore maybe if they had been smarter with their money (ie not buying Schürrle and Götze) they would still have been able to afford Dembele and Guerreiro. Schürrle and Götze have had pretty much zero impact anyway. Throw Rode in there too but he was cheap. Dembele and Guerreiro were what? 30m together? Gündogan alone covered that.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2029 times
Been thanked: 1991 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby JANCKER » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Well I disagree... things don't work that way, this is football and you can't just take numbers from the past and put them in the present and be champion.

If Bayern and BVB beat everyone without much effort you gotta start question that opposition... if Hoffenheim was a punching bag one year ago, today they aren't. Then you add Leipzig to the mix...
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8910 times
Been thanked: 8143 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:46 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:@dumbledore maybe if they had been smarter with their money


But they hadn't been, they're Dortmund. That is exactly my point. Structurally, there is nothing for us to worry about because we'll always win by quality and intelligence alone. If they were as good as you said they should be? This is paradoxical, but we'd probably have beaten them as we did Leipzig. That's why I haven't pulled the plug on Ancelotti yet, our delivery has still been nearly flawless.

Maybe next year or the year after they'll come really close to us, maybe we just win the league by one point, and you come back to tell me about it. Well, you know what will happen then? They'll sell Dembele!
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 1878 times
Been thanked: 1653 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:@dumbledore maybe if they had been smarter with their money


But they hadn't been, they're Dortmund. That is exactly my point. Structurally, there is nothing for us to worry about because we'll always win by quality and intelligence alone. If they were as good as you said they should be? This is paradoxical, but we'd probably have beaten them as we did Leipzig. That's why I haven't pulled the plug on Ancelotti yet, our delivery has still been nearly flawless.

Maybe next year or the year after they'll come really close to us, maybe we just win the league by one point, and you come back to tell me about it. Well, you know what will happen then? They'll sell Dembele!

I agree. Structurally they are no threat. But that is not what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that if, for instance, every BVB contract had been 1 year longer (or, alternatively, our Carlo season had been one 1 year before), we could have lost the league. We are consistently good while BVB Is highly inconsistent. They went from best second place in BuLi history to this season in the span of one summer. So we aren't impervious to losing the league, us being winning this year is mostly luck.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2029 times
Been thanked: 1991 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Sure. Again though as what I firstly said in response to FCBayernMunchen's post, that is a correct blanket statement, but in reality you need to see it case-by-case. As long as BVB are what they are, we would be impervious.

Also we're ignoring something major here. Would our performance not necessarily be somewhat of a function of our rival's performance? If BVB or any other teams had been better, would that have meant we would be playing the exact same way as we are now, and not better? Maybe our hands are in our pockets, but do we know that our hands won't come out when they need to? Football's just wonderful that way, even statistics can't infer that. I love it.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 1878 times
Been thanked: 1653 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby rthebest » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 am

Regardless of the performances and the trophies he may or may not win for Bayern, I think he is not the right person in charge at this moment. Because Bayern need to start integrating younger player into the team and I don't see Ancelotti the type coach who can do that.
User avatar
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 248 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:39 am

rthebest wrote:Regardless of the performances and the trophies he may or may not win for Bayern, I think he is not the right person in charge at this moment. Because Bayern need to start integrating younger player into the team and I don't see Ancelotti the type coach who can do that.

You might be right, however I shall remind you that Pep introduced and played Coman and Kimmich because he had no options due to the numerous injuries

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23046
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19425 times
Been thanked: 5517 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby rthebest » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 am

ramsej84 wrote:You might be right, however I shall remind you that Pep introduced and played Coman and Kimmich because he had no options due to the numerous injuries

I didn't mean Pep although he is a better coach for younger players than Carlo. Bayern needs someone like Tuchel, Klopp or even Van Gaal who can work with younger players.
User avatar
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 248 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:
rthebest wrote:Regardless of the performances and the trophies he may or may not win for Bayern, I think he is not the right person in charge at this moment. Because Bayern need to start integrating younger player into the team and I don't see Ancelotti the type coach who can do that.

You might be right, however I shall remind you that Pep introduced and played Coman and Kimmich because he had no options due to the numerous injuries

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Only partly true. Injuries certainly pushed Pep to think of unconventional solutions, but for example in that BVB game in which Kimmich played so well, we had Benatia on the bench and Tasci on the stands. His partner was Alaba. In fact, in the first page you wrote that you wanted Benatia-Tasci, so he must not be so bad with youngsters after all (Also in the first page, #12 said they'll humiliate us, so some things never really change huh? :mrgreen: )

I don't remember Coman's circumstances but he was on the bench vs Juve so we must have had alternatives. He had been playing in the games before that because I remember he had a very good week. Earlier there were briefly Weiser and Gaudino and even before them there were Thiago and Pedro. Now there is Gabriel who, while not developed by Pep, is starting when he could easily be benched for bigger names. His situation is comparable to Sanches's.

What I think the problem is with Pep and youngsters is that he does not give every talented player chances. He seems to notice a couple and keep giving them opportunities while ignoring the rest (Julian Green? Can't remember him playing much. Also Can and Højbjerg left during Pep's time if I remember correctly).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 29559
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8057 times
Been thanked: 6746 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:31 am

while we are at it what is the situation with Felix Goetze ? Sorry for my OT> but he looked solid in those Aug friendlies
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23046
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19425 times
Been thanked: 5517 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 am

I liked him too. No idea how he's doing with the youths


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 29559
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8057 times
Been thanked: 6746 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Coman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I liked him too. No idea how he's doing with the youths


Image
GK : Neuer, Früchtl
RB : Semedo, Rafinha
CB : Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez
LB : Alaba, Ghoulam
CM : Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Rudy
AM : Müller, Thiago, Sanchez
RW : Robben, Coman
LW : Sanchez, Ribéry, Coman
CF : Lewandowski, Sanchez
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 1226 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Coman wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I liked him too. No idea how he's doing with the youths


Image


:?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23046
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19425 times
Been thanked: 5517 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Coman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:37 pm

NO FUN, NO CREATIVITY, NO TEMPO ! This is exactly how Ancelotti wants to beat Arsenal [source]


Ironic article from BILD. =D> =D>
GK : Neuer, Früchtl
RB : Semedo, Rafinha
CB : Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez
LB : Alaba, Ghoulam
CM : Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Rudy
AM : Müller, Thiago, Sanchez
RW : Robben, Coman
LW : Sanchez, Ribéry, Coman
CF : Lewandowski, Sanchez
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 1226 times
Gender: Male

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby Coman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 pm

BILD : Ancelotti, the Mister Minimalista! [source]
GK : Neuer, Früchtl
RB : Semedo, Rafinha
CB : Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez
LB : Alaba, Ghoulam
CM : Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Rudy
AM : Müller, Thiago, Sanchez
RW : Robben, Coman
LW : Sanchez, Ribéry, Coman
CF : Lewandowski, Sanchez
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 1226 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: armonak, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Yahoo! [Bot] and 13 guests