You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carletto vs Pep: The DMZ thread is now open!

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carletto vs Pep: The DMZ thread is now open!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Couldn't agree more on your last point. We need to make a huge transfer, the kind that everyone talks about, and get a player who can make the difference on his own (but not a selfish one).

but who is that crazy to sell us such a player mid season?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:52 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, we signed Hummels and Sanches. I think those two count as top transfers. I wasn't expecting us to make another big transfer last summer. Actually Sanches is probably Bayern's biggest transfer ever.

And I don't want us to become another City/Chelsea/Madrid/Barcelona. I like how we used to sign great or even world class players for reasonable amounts of money.

You're right about those two. I was thinking more in terms of offensive players, the kind who score loads of goals like Suarez. It doesn't mean we have to spend a lot of money... Lewandowski is a good example. But in today's market having to spend more is likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:16 am

MUTU wrote:
ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:Bloody hell, did we have to get the worst famous coach in football history who doesn't even speak German? Can't think of a worse solution. Hope I am proved wrong. I didn't like Pep but Ancelotti would have been at the very bottom of the pile if I was conducting interviews.

Is it a joke or something ?

No. Why should it be? 20 years coaching top teams, won 3 leagues. It can't get any worse than that. He actually managed the impossible by not winning the league with PSG. I bet they would win it without a coach.

I wrote the above in December 2015 when Ancelotti was announced :cry:

I really hope everything turns out well because I would really hate to say I was right.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Our team lacks chemistry at the moment. Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm, Mueller... that was a key part in our success. They knew the club, they knew each other very well and they had been playing the same football since they were teenagers.

Exactly. No chemistry, especially between our first two lines.

The mentioned players were a key part for our success, the ones who carried Bayern ID, mentality, etc. along with Ribery and Robben. However, 'small' parts like Martinez, Dante and Mandžukić(more as a real, healthy competition to Gomez unlike Petersen and Olić) were missing between 2010-2012. Tymoshchuk as an old type of CDM was still good enough to fit in and to understand the Bayern thing. Depth was always crucial to me along with type of players that a coach needs to play in his way.

All of these guys mentioned guys today either got old or some of them are sold. Ancelotti(or someone else) has a job to switch generations and find all these players who'll do it in the same way as the mentioned ones.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:28 pm

I think that we weren't favored by the schedule... our biggest weaknesses are still there, just more obvious. If we win the CL this year, I'll consider it a miracle.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ziklitschli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:It is night and day.

Pep's bayern vs Carlo's bayern. Even Pep's Man City is signficantly better than any other Man City team I have seen even though it is very early on. Bayern results are a lot better than their actual play.

Today I saw an opponent that wasn't afraid fo Bayern and that took it to them and should of won, even with 10 men.

Super Pep drew Frankfurt 0:0 in 2015, after an NT break btw. Also everyone seems to think Pep's Bayern was a dominating team, completly forgetting the many boring 1:0 wins full of half chances and pointless passing around the box, or Bayern's record vs strongest Bundesliga teams first 2 seasons, or how 350 out of 700 passes vs Arsenal were back passes etc etc. And ballsy teams took it to Bayern just like Frankfurt did now.

Not defending Ancelotti, he's stubborn with a 4-3-3 and Alonso but to say Pep's era was oh so better is, so far, bs - he had terrible matches where only Neuer and individual player's brilliance saved the day. Man City looks better because Pep, after 3 years of careless experimenting with Bayern finaly learned to let go a bit, sadly humiliating Bayern here and there in the process.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:28 pm

We lost 1-2 vs Mainz at the AA last season IIRC, I forgot what was the excuse. Of course that some people looked through their fingers back then... oh yeah, we can't win every game so don't be that negative cause you'll die young. :wink:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Bayern has had one good match this whole season.

Their first match. Every other game has been very subpar football from a stack bayern team.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 pm

JANCKER wrote:We lost 1-2 vs Mainz at the AA last season IIRC, I forgot what was the excuse. Of course that some people looked through their fingers back then... oh yeah, we can't win every game so don't be that negative cause you'll die young. :wink:

That was in March after we had won almost every game though. In fact, unless I'm missing any, that was our second loss of the season (the other one vs Gladbach) and we had won every other game except 2 draws. The game was on 2nd March.

Right now we are unbeaten but we have already drawn as many games as we had by that point...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Right now we are unbeaten but we have already drawn as many games as we had by that point...

Worth to note: against the 2nd best defensive side in Germany this season(Bayern being 1st), Koeln... and against the side that we drew against last season, Frankfurt... and need I remind what happened against Atletico last season?

Where is the big difference?

I know where is the big difference but I'll pretend like I don't...

The only difference is that we ended up playing three consecutive games against three opponents that don't suit us... Atletico was an intensive game and the next game was after 3 days... Frankfurt came after the international break...

I will be Ancelotti's lawyer since nobody here wants to defend him, like you guys did for someone else before.

And don't forget that we're comparing someone's first month with someone's 3rd year here...

But Ancelotti can go duck himself if he keeps playing Alonso... I think it's better that we had this schedule to find out that we're not that great as we thought cause he has time to do something about it now.

Football is a game of opinions...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

You're obviously free to defend Ancelotti and I honestly hope you turn out to be right and we all have to eat our words, but I struggle to understand how you can question where the big difference is when we're speaking about the draws considering it took just 7 games to get as many as we did in 6 months. :?

There's always a second best offensive team, second best defensive, etc. At this stage of the season it's usually a surprise team, and we always point it out before the game and usually say something like "in 90 minutes vs Bayern team x has conceded as many goals as all other opponents combined have scored against them this season" after the game.

Atletico was a very hard game and one in which we were never favourites, and we are unlucky to have had to face them in the first half of the season. But saying something like we had 3 consecutive tough games when our other opponents were Koln and Frankfurt is exactly why I'm worried...

Your point about first month vs third year is fair. Pep's first 7 games were 6 wins and 1 draw vs Freiburg. The wins included Gladbach, Schalke (0-4), and Wolfsburg as well as Frankfurt themselves. Admittedly, Ancelotti won the Super Cup, which Pep never did, but even in that game I had already commented on the worrying performance.

Here's hoping he figures out what needs to be done, especially with regard to Alonso.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:But saying something like we had 3 consecutive tough games when our other opponents were Koln and Frankfurt is exactly why I'm worried...

Well, I explained to you that we didn't fare any better against those teams last season... except Koeln who are in a formidable defensive form this season, the moment we faced them they were the 3rd team with less conceded goals in Europe. Their name might not be Atletico but their defense is working like Atletico's.

Fact is that we're struggling with the same things, we have the same weaknesses... I'm of the opinion that this Bayern needs a cleaning after this season but I'm not sure if Ancelotti has the guts to do it. I'm not too optimistic about this season, especially about the CL... but as I said before maybe it's better that the schedule offered us this to really see where we stand so Ancelotti has time to do something about it in this season... He won't have my full support until I don't see the Martinez-Vidal duo fielded...

We're often having better 2nd halves than 1st halves, that's interesting.

Crisis talk should start if we fail to win against PSV.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:40 pm

In the past, we indeed struggled against those opposition.

This season, we were **** outplayed like little bitches.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Honestly, I think the Schalke game was pretty much the same if not better... In Frankfurt we at least scored, but yeah, we were shit... Ingolstadt was about the same, Cologne was also a little unlucky...
But that whole - or let's call it a - lonso - void - needs to be filled...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 am

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion