You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby draconaut » Sat May 05, 2007 6:01 am

tracylynn wrote:If he does exactly what the doctors tell him and pays attention to his body then he should be fine. But, if he starts to get weak then he would need to take it slow and not push his body, or if the swelling/pain comes back then he would have to see his doctor right away and take the anitbiotics.

The one thing about this disease is that the joint pain is migratory, which means it can travel from one joint to another. It normally affects the knees but it can spread, and that is not good.

Normally, tick bites are in the areas of the groin, back of the knee, and the belt area. Once you have been bitten, the area swells up and it looks like there's a red dot on the body. Sadly, Bastian didn't see this or he didn't think it was anything and now he's having to learn to live with the disease.

That stupid disease could not just TOTALLY disappear in most cases?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat May 05, 2007 9:32 am

You can read about the disease on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby alex » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:01 am

6/18/2007 11:36 PM

Knee Op Looms For Schweinsteiger

Bayern Munich’s young star Bastian Schweinsteiger has made an early return to light training this week after his lay off, but he is still under threat of a knee operation.

He played his last game for Bayern on April 7 against Hanover scoring the winning goal.

After the game he complained about pain in his knee and Bayern doctors eventually diagnosed an inflammation as a result of an insect bite.

Schweini has been unable to train ever since as a suspected bacterial infection in the knee has laid him low.

This in turn has lead to a weakening of his thigh muscles and general fitness.

Last Friday he began to prepare for his comeback with Aqua-Jogging. This week he will step up the training to find out how he will react.

Rehab coach Oliver Schmidtlein is concerned: “I am very cautious about how the training will go.”

If there is no improvement then Schweinsteiger will go under the knife, which will make it unlikely he will be available for the start of the season.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby alex » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Latest:

The knee is OK, no operation will be needed. Seems like the end of the mysterious wait for Schweini.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby schweini84 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:42 am

hello,I'm anew member,schweinsteiger is my preferred player,and I hope he will come back next week
schweini84
First post

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:39 pm

welcome, introduce yourself please
FC Bajern

Schweinsteiger Suffers Setback

Postby charger256 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has suffered a setback in his fight to return from injury.
The 22 year old midfielder took part in his first full training session on Monday since his knee injury in April.

However the young German international has suffered a thigh injury and will be forced to pause his comeback to first team action.

The thigh injury will be intensively treated at Bayern's training camp in Donaueschingen, but it is not known how long the problem will keep him out for.

There is better news regarding Marcell Jansen for Bayern fans. After a bout of flu and a shin injury, the newcomer has been able to resume training. It is also believed that defender Lucio will make his return to training this week.

That just leaves long term casualties Willy Sagnol, Jan Schlaudraff and Lukas Podolski on the sidelines.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:39 pm

This sucks. Poor Schweini!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Update: Relief over Schweinsteiger injury

Postby charger256 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Bayern Munich and Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s injury setback has proven not to be as bad as first feared.

Schweinsteiger was able to train for the full 90 minutes with the rest of his Bayern team-mates just 24 hours after it was rumoured he faced another lengthy spell on the sidelines.

The 22-year-old missed the last six weeks of last season due to a mysterious knee injury and was only slowly working his way back to full fitness.

On Tuesday he was unable to train, but initial concerns that his knee would require further surgery were dispelled when it turned out to be merely a muscular strain.

General manager Uli Hoeness even showed concern for the youngster’s future, particularly with the amount of newcomers in the squad.

“If you don’t get through the whole pre-season preparations, then you do lag behind,” he said.

“These are injuries you simply cannot account for; it is purely misfortune. When we have a fully-fit squad, then there will be a strong competition for places.”

However, Schweinsteiger was breathing a sigh of relief on Wednesday when he was able to come through the whole session without any reaction.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby hopelessrom_grl » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:14 pm

so did they break up or not?

can someone give me his myspace.........thanks
hopelessrom_grl
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby draconaut » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:11 pm

I believe Bastian is truly loyal to Bayern :)
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 am

I think he will leave for Italy over the summer because Bayern can still get 10 mil. euros for him and he really isn't worth the money. His decision making, passing, and shots have all been terrible up to now. Bayern will spend to improve the midfield next, and Schweini might be out. He did well in the WC and like many other players the WC hype can make seem great for quite a while. He's good, but also the eternal talent.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby draconaut » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 am

what eternal talent?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 am

I don't know if he's leaving or not but I believe he believed his own hype and got carry away with it. He's not bad but he needs to get his act together and show that he belongs there or he will be gone.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:56 pm

what eternal talent?

Many young players will remain talents the rest of their proffessional lives without becoming the players they were supposed to.[/quote]
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion