You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Paddy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Maybe a sign from someone....
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Paddy wrote:Maybe a sign from someone....

What? :?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Man, this sucks. If it was a tick bite, wouldn't he have gotten symptoms 2 years ago also?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Not necessarily. In some cases, the symptoms come years after. I suppost the bacteria would be dormant or something.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:51 pm

MUTU wrote:Depends on how severe it is.

True but I recall two players whose careers were ended by a tick bite and Borreliose. Thomas Schneider (played for Stuttgart and Hannover) and Zoltan Sebescen (Leverkusen and Wolfsburg)
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:05 pm

German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger insisted on Wednesday he will shake off his troublesome knee infection and play again for his club Bayern Munich and his country again this season.

Even though there are only five games left this season, which finishes on May 19, Schweinsteiger is desperate to help Bayern's quest for a Champions League place and play in Germany's Euro 2008 qualifier against San Marino in June.

But the doctors have yet to tell the 22-year-old exactly what is wrong with his problematic left knee which has kept him out of action for two weeks.

"I want to play again this season," said Schweinsteiger.

"There are another five games left and I am sure that I can still help Bayern get in the Champions League next season."

The results of tests on Schweinsteiger's knee are expected in a few days, but for the time being the 43-times capped midfielder is out of action.

"I can't do much at the moment, I can't jog or do any leg exercises. I can't even do any upper body work. The doctor has said I must rest."

Schweinsteiger is definitely out of Saturday's key Bundesliga clash with VfB Stuttgart which with the winner taking pole-position in the race for next season's third Champions League place.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pinkfufu » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 pm

OMG OMG OMG!!! his single... I LOVE HIM!!! <33 hehe i am SOOO happi!!! <33 :D :D :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D>
pinkfufu
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby pinkfufu » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:12 pm

I REALLY hopes he gets better soon!!! and finish his dreams!!!! <3333 :D :D :D :D :D :D
pinkfufu
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Umm no... read the replies... he's back with Daniela ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:40 pm

Great news on the injury front at last! Schweinsteiger's inflammation has gone down and he's started doing some exercises. It's still uncertain when he'll join the team training for now, but the physio is confident that he'll play again this season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Well fingers crossed he'll be OK
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm hoping that there is no set back for him and he'll be able to rejoin the squad. Did they ever say what caused the inflammation in his knee?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:32 am

tracylynn wrote:I'm hoping that there is no set back for him and he'll be able to rejoin the squad. Did they ever say what caused the inflammation in his knee?

It's still the suspected tick bite, but nothing certain.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 am

he sucks anyway...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:32 am

Paddy wrote:he sucks anyway...

He's not the world's greatest LM, but he's a key player in our squad. He's still very young and will improve further, especially as he gains more experience.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion