You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby MrLinky » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Element wrote:Besides , The 4-3-3 has 2 CDM's That Are Defensive

While Both Ballack and Schweini ARE NOT Defensive

Schweini is a box-to-box player ,and Ballack likes to go offensively , This is why we play with 4-2-3-1

You contradict yourself when you say that they would be fine to play next to each other in a 4-2-3-1, but not in a 4-3-3. A 4-3-3 isn't always neccesarily more offensive than a 4-2-3-1, especially not with the wingers Germany play with - Podolski, Marin etc., who are both pretty hard working on the defensive end. Podolski even played as a left-midfielder for some time, without making the defence too vulnerable. In a 4-3-3 compared to the 4-2-3-1, the offensive-midfielder (Ozil) would play a slightly more defensive role, while the two wingers would play a bit closer to the central striker up front. I don't see why that couldn't be compatible with Ballack and the "new" Schweini playing as CM's behind them. What you're talking about here is cliche, 4-3-3 automatically = VERY offensive formation , but that's just not how it is nowadays.

You see it week in, week out at Barcelona who play with only one real DM (Toure), a CM (Xavi) and another CM who is more of an attacking midfielder anyway (Iniesta), plus two extremely offensive wingers and another relatively offensive RB (Alves). What it ultimately comes down to, is the composition and cooperation between each part of the team and every player's individual orientation and duty, not just the plain line-up of the squad.

And as for your remarks on Ballack: Doesn't seem like you've seen a lot of Chelsea games lately. He still involves himself offensively from time to time, but the way he's playing right now is the most defensive Michael Ballack I've ever seen, comparable to his former role at Leverkusen.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:46 pm

MrLinky wrote:hat you're talking about here is cliche, 4-3-3 automatically = VERY offensive formation

This is how i learnt it in the Tactics lessons i got in school , Video games and internet , and Watchnig games

And about the 4-3-3 , The Wingers there Do only offensive job , while the 3 Midfielders are sorted like this
1 Defensive
2-Balanced or a bit more defensive but still helps the offense
3-Offensive

Problem is Schweini is Balanced , Mesut ozil is offensive Which leaves Ballack , Ballack Played More defensive roles lately , but i dont think He can be the Defensive Guy in the midfield of 4-3-3
(But From u say he can, because i only watch highlights of chelsea on tV , not Full Games for the reason mentioned after The 2nd quotation )

The Wingers in The 4-2-3-1 Go back and help defense (or at least this is what is supposed to happen) , so Having 2 Balanced Central Midfielders is ok (Assuming that the Wingers do their Defensive duties)

Got me now ??? (i am not saying that i am right , but this is my whole opinion)

MrLinky wrote:oesn't seem like you've seen a lot of Chelsea games lately.

True that

Because of my Governmental tests and TV Rights
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:17 pm

SilentStrike wrote:ATM schweini is doing great.
Im very happy as he used to be my favorite player

But dont be too happy just yet, he has to keep this form for a long time till ill be satisfied with him
Hes always had moments of good form... and then 10 months of crap play.

This describes me as well
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby appudds » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This describes me as well

Wen he performed for WC 2006(especially in dat third place match!).......
WAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE!
=D>
One of his best!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 am

He is consistently amazing for Germany. :/
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Re:

Postby wadie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 am

draconaut wrote:I believe Bastian is truly loyal to Bayern :)

Exactly !

Schweini is my favourite player !!! :)
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 am

wadie wrote:Schweini is my favourite player !!! :)

Him, lahm WILL RETIRE AT BAYERN!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:He is consistently amazing for Germany. :/

ANd now for bayern as well! :D
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:32 am

2 words

Schweini rules
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Element wrote:Schweini rules

=D> =D> =D>
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Is he going to dye his hair again for the WM2010? :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Is he going to dye his hair again for the WM2010? :lol:

Hope so..
Dats the traditional ol' Schweini! :D
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby K_Matthew » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Is he going to dye his hair again for the WM2010? :lol:

well, maybe we could ask him about it on twitter? :mrgreen:

appudds wrote:Dats the traditional ol' Schweini! :D

Bastian blond, oooh, yeah, that would be great :D
K_Matthew
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Element wrote:And about the 4-3-3 , The Wingers there Do only offensive job

And that's where you're wrong. Especially in the German squad, which is known for discipline and organizational talent all the players track back, including the wingers and the central striker. You can't seperate between defensive and offensive players on the pitch nowadays, they all have defensive as well as offensive duties. We are past that point in football, where the attackers could just wait up front for the ball to pop up and shoot it in, footballing tactics have changed.
That's the point, the 4-3-3 isn't that much different from the 4-2-3-1 just because it looks more offensive on paper, actually they're very similar to each other. A 4-3-3 formation doesn't always have to be an extremely offensive 4-3-3 formation as you talk about it. Hell, we played 4-3-3 last year at the Nou Camp against Barcelona, but that was far, far away from being an offensive formation. We played in midfield with van Bommel, Schweini and Ze Roberto and our wingers were Ribery and Altintop.

You don't neccesarily have to have someone in midfield that's gonna focus on the defense only. Take van Gaal as an example, while at Ajax he won the CL in 1995 with a midfield consisting of Seedorf, Davids and Litmanen, none of those players was a #6 in the classic sense. You can historically observe that our coach isn't a fan of midfielders who player more like the third CB, that's why I also think Tymoshchuk isn't getting much space in this Bayern squad with this coach.

As long as the offensive and defensive duties are arranged wisely between the two CM's and all the other team players help out on the defensive end, you don't have to have a classic #6, who's sole purpose will be to destroy the other team's offensive efforts. There are numerous other examples of teams out there that play without a #6. You're also underestimating Ballack's defensive strength here, yesterday against Fulham he played as Chelsea's only defensive-midfielder for the most part of the second half, and did a pretty good job at that, managing to help his team turn around a one-goal deficit and make it a 2-1 home win.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 pm

MrLinky wrote:And that's where you're wrong. Especially in the German squad, which is known for discipline and organizational talent all the players track back, including the wingers and the central striker. You can't seperate between defensive and offensive players on the pitch nowadays, they all have defensive as well as offensive duties. We are past that point in football, where the attackers could just wait up front for the ball to pop up and shoot it in, footballing tactics have changed.
That's the point, the 4-3-3 isn't that much different from the 4-2-3-1 just because it looks more offensive on paper, actually they're very similar to each other. A 4-3-3 formation doesn't always have to be an extremely offensive 4-3-3 formation as you talk about it. Hell, we played 4-3-3 last year at the Nou Camp against Barcelona, but that was far, far away from being an offensive formation. We played in midfield with van Bommel, Schweini and Ze Roberto and our wingers were Ribery and Altintop.

You don't neccesarily have to have someone in midfield that's gonna focus on the defense only. Take van Gaal as an example, while at Ajax he won the CL in 1995 with a midfield consisting of Seedorf, Davids and Litmanen, none of those players was a #6 in the classic sense. You can historically observe that our coach isn't a fan of midfielders who player more like the third CB, that's why I also think Tymoshchuk isn't getting much space in this Bayern squad with this coach.

As long as the offensive and defensive duties are arranged wisely between the two CM's and all the other team players help out on the defensive end, you don't have to have a classic #6, who's sole purpose will be to destroy the other team's offensive efforts. There are numerous other examples of teams out there that play without a #6. You're also underestimating Ballack's defensive strength here, yesterday against Fulham he played as Chelsea's only defensive-midfielder for the most part of the second half, and did a pretty good job at that, managing to help his team turn around a one-goal deficit and make it a 2-1 home win.

Wat a long & fantastic post!
Bloody brilliant! =D> =D>
appudds

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion