You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby MrLinky » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:25 am

Juve To Observe Schweinsteiger

Juventus will use the Fiorentina-Bayern Munich match in the Champions League on Wednesday as an opportunity to observe transfer target Bastian Schweinsteiger, according to tuttomercatoweb.com...
Juventus have constantly been linked with Bayern Munich winger Bastian Schweinsteiger over the last 18 months and they will have the opportunity to observe the 24-year-old on Wednesday.

Juventus will be invovled in a Champions League match themselves against Real Madrid in the Spanish capital, but according to reports they will send two scouts to assess the German international when he is playing at the Stadio Artemio Franchi against Fiorentina.

An interesting incident ocurred at a hotel in Florence, where Schweinsteiger signed a young child's Juventus scarf. However, Schweinsteiger apparently did not take it as a sign of his fate.

The Bianconeri would consider the Bayern Munich player as an investment for their future if they were to acquire him, as he would likely replace the aging Pavel Nedved on the left side of midfield.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Schweinsteiger

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger fears he may miss the "decisive moment" of the season this weekend because of injury.

The Germany international took a blow to his shin in Wednesday night's 1-1 draw against Fiorentina and is a major doubt for Sunday's key Bundesliga clash at Schalke.

"I don't know if I will make it for the weekend," he said on Thursday.

"I want to play in it because I feel it is a decisive moment in the Bundesliga."

Bayern are currently one point above the Royal Blues but are four points adrift of league leaders Hoffenheim after 11 games.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Schweinsteiger Tempted By Foreign Adventure

Bastian Schweinsteiger has admitted that he is tempted by the lure of a high profile move abroad this summer, while being sure to stress that extending with Bayern Munich is also an option that has a big appeal to him.
With the contract of Schweinsteiger due to expire in 2009, it looks likely that Bayern Munich are going to have to stump up the cash if they want the German international midfielder to extend his stay with the club.

The 24-year-old will be available on a free transfer in the summer of 2009 if Bayern cannot convince him to sign a new deal at the Allianz Arena. Bayern have said that they want him to stay, but it could now be a matter of price.

According to reports in ‘Kicker’, Schweinsteiger’s advisor has already had contact with AC Milan, Juventus and Inter over a possible move for the Bayern ace.

"Playing abroad would be very attractive," 'Schweini' recently confessed to Bavarian TV.

"There are a lot of possibilities with Bayern, though. They are the best club in Germany and belong to the top five in Europe.

"It is a great honour to play for this club.

"We will just have to see how it pans out. I will not say anything for certain at the moment."
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 pm

The Reds are set to make a January move for a new midfielder after Owen Hargreaves was ruled out of the season, and they set to turn to Bayern Munich again.

Hargreaves, of course, moved to Old Trafford from the Bundesliga club, who now face a desperate fight on their hands to keep the services of 24-year-old Schweinsteiger.

Out of contract in the summer, the 61-times capped German international has revealed he may fancy a fresh challenge in the summer, but United may hope to tempt him in January for around £5million.

http://www.fansfc.com/manchesterunitedfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=193029
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA, 5m... :D They can go and fu*k themselves. 5m. This is hilarious. Maybe 15m.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:13 pm

MrLinky wrote:Schweinsteiger Tempted By Foreign Adventure
"There are a lot of possibilities with Bayern, though. They are the best club in Germany and belong to the top five in Europe.

Just wandering about the other clubs in the top 5 according to Schweini; if it is per European titles in history:

Madrid 9, Milan 7, Liverpool 5, then Ajax and Bayern 4. But this is history, as today it is hard to say where Bayern stands in Europe after struggling last year in the UEFA Cup.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MrLinky » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Jorge wrote:as today it is hard to say where Bayern stands in Europe after struggling last year in the UEFA Cup.

In my opinion - trying to be objective - we are slowly slipping out of the top 10 in Europe if we dont start doing a lot better in the CL than in recent years.
Its off topic but I'd say its somewhere between place 7-9 at the moment.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby KieranD » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Ajax are in trouble they are in UEFA Cup and cant seem to win the league so i dont think they are top 10 anymore.

The top ten in Europe in no order would be Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Inter, Juve, Milan, Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid.

Schweniesteiger wont leave becasue half the team is rumoured to leave and that impossible for all of them to leave at once, he is a talent and we will fight to keep him.
KieranD
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby lucifer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Bastian is very important to Bayern and he is great player with great talent
his kicks also are great
lucifer
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Madrid Join Schweinsteiger Race

Real Madrid are set to hold direct talks with Bastian Schweinsteiger's agent about a possible move to the Bernabéu in the summer when his contract at Bayern Munich expires, but Predrag Mijatovic will not be involved.
The Spanish giants' technical secretary Miguel Ángel Portugal will fly to Germany instead of the sporting director after Los Merengues' midweek game in the Champions League to hold talks about a transfer, according to Kicker.

Juventus have also expressed an interest in the 24-year-old, but Madrid hope to steal a march on the Italians by laying out what would be on offer to Schweinsteiger early on.

Described by the paper as 'Ramón Calderón's right-hand man', Portugal has been given the responsibility of opening the negotiations while Mijatovic is left in Madrid.
Marca believe that an offer of €3 million-per year should be enough to attract Schweinsteiger to Spain, but that could rise given that the player will be avaialble on a free transfer.

----------
Dont think 3 million per year would be enough to get him , thats what he earns right now , I'm sure he wont move anywhere without getting a salary of at least 5 million.Thats probably what we have to pay as well if we wanna keep him , maybe more.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:09 pm

We Will Do Everything To Keep Schweinsteiger - Bayern Chief
The president of the Executive Council of Bayern Munich, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, has said today that the German club will do whatever it takes to hold onto Bastian Schweinsteiger...
Bayern Munich have made their strongest sign yet that they will not be selling influential midfielder Bastian Schweingsteiger to Real Madrid over the next few months.

The Spanish side have been rumoured to be interested in the player but today, the president of the Executive Council of Bayern, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, told Bild that they will do everything to hold onto him.

"Bastian Schweingsteiger is from Bayern Munich, he grew up here, we will fight for him and do everything we can do keep him, but we cannot do any more," he declared.

"We are aware of the interest that is stirred up by a German international player who is has not been transferred, it cannot be avoided," he mused.

The club are believed to be in talks with Schweinsteiger over a new contract, which would see his current one extended and also add another €3 million a year to his salary.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby wadie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:13 am

stay please
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Go please...why am I saying this?

because he is not getting better...he somehow stayed on the same level he was when he first started to play for first team!...altintop came from schalke and he blended in right away! and I can say he is better than schweini....so we need to sell him and buy new attacking midfielder who can play on right side...player that is faster and has pace and better attacking abilities!...I hate when i see that we can get a goal from counter attack and than schweini gets ball and he just stands on the ball and not running or passing forward!...look at ribery or altintop and even ze roberto in same position....when they get the ball they bring it forward as soon as possible! and that is what we need!

btw...i like him alot but he is just not match to our new tactics...he was much better suited for Hitzfelds tactics!
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby mattie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:28 am

i like this player , he is like a BAVARIAN player comin from our school , but there are too many statements he will leave the club next season , 4 exp : he didnt extend last time the contract because bayern were linked with buying HLEB ,and he knew his chances are falling to get a first team place , after a great EC a lot of the best clubs in the world got inspired by him and now they try to get him for free,which could be possible he may is still frustrated by the hleb story

I'd like to see him in bayern until he retires, he is just another BAVARIAN , like Lahm , Ottl ,Lell and Lahm extended his contract maybe a good sign :) and he also said : my first choice is bayern , but shall we see
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:22 pm

BASTIAN EXTENDED HIS CONTRACT TILL 2012 year. Look at this article[Latvian]:

http://esports.lv/futbols/vacija/101220 ... ommentform

THANK YOU, BASTI

We should move him to the centre[as a AM] and Tymo/Cana as a DM!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion