You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Schweinsteiger Heading For The Exit Door?

Postby thulkazal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 am

Juve Still After Schweinsteiger
Juventus have not given up on acquiring Bastian Schweinsteiger from Bayern Munich, according to reports...

Juventus inquired about Schweinsteiger this summer, but nothing concrete came out of the Bianconeri's supposed interest in the player. It was thought Juve had moved on to other targets, but according to Il Giornale, they are still interested in bringing the German international to Turin.

The 24-year-old has been in the Bayern first-team squad since 2002; however, his contract runs out at the end of this season and he could be available for free if he does not sign an extension with they German giants.

Juventus seem to be the club in pole position, as they look to find a replacement for the ageing Pavel Nedved, who turned 36 this August.

However, Schweinsteiger is well known after his international exploits in Euro 2004, World Cup 2006 and Euro 2008, where he performed admirably for his country, scoring some key goals. He is likely to attract plenty of interest from other clubs as well, including both Inter and AC Milan in Serie A.

Schweinsteiger scored the first goal of the Bundesliga in the new 2008/09 season and has 59 caps and 17 goals for his country. He is a candidate to take over the German captaincy once Michael Ballack is no longer part of the national team set-up.

source : http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=878913

well hope he get new contract he is gettin in key player for bayern and one of leader's
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Birthday

Reports: Schweinsteiger To Join Juve Next Summer

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:16 am

According to reports in Italy, Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will join Juventus on a free transfer next summer.

The 24-year-old has been in the Bayern first-team squad since 2002; however, his contract runs out at the end of this season and he will be available on a Bosman transfer if he does not sign an extension with the Bavarian giants.

Juventus have long been linked with the German international, who was one of his country’s star performers at this summer's European Championships.

Bianconeri sporting director Alessio Secco recently revealed that the club are looking for a left midfield replacement for the 36-year-old Pavel Nedved, who is almost certain to retire at the end of the season.

According to reports in Italy, it is now looking highly likely that Schweinsteiger will indeed be Nedved’s replacement in Turin.

The German has further fueled talk of a move by admitting that he is learning the Italian language.

“I'm learning Italian because I really like the language,” he stated.

“I'm happy at Bayern but you never know what will happen in football. I am just concentrating on training and the rest will sort itself out.”

Despite only being 24, Schweinsteiger has considerable experience, and has already been capped 59 times by Germany, scoring 17 goals.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby spotman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 pm

I think Bastian is going to leave, and if it's anywhere it'll be Italy. It sucks for us Bayern fans, but its going to happen. Only way it doesn't happen is if Bayern forks out some serious cash for his upgraded salary.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Chelsea are reported to be lining up a swoop for Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger, who is due to fall out of contract.

The midfielder is out of contract with Bayern next summer and reports in Germany claim the club are resigned to letting him go after failing to agree new terms with him.

Chelsea are among the clubs being linked with a move for the player and would be able to open talks with him when the transfer window opens in January, with a view to a summer switch.

It would not be the first time that Chelsea have done business with the German giants after snapping up Michael Ballack and Claudio Pizzaro on Bosman free signings.

Manchester United, AC Milan, Inter and Juventus are also keen.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:11 pm

I want his renewal. But if he leaves, i hope he will leave for Arsenal[my second favorite club]

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tigercup » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 am

i hope if he leaves doesn't choose juve or milan for his destination
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:14 pm

I read somewhere that Luiz Scolari is a big fan of Schweini , so Chelsea moving in for him wouldnt be a big surprise to me .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm

I think I know why, LOL! Scolari was in charge of Portugal in the 2006 World Cup. If you've seen the Germany-Portugal match, you'll know why! Ironically, Klinsmann was in charge of Germany back then! :)
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:I think I know why, LOL! Scolari was in charge of Portugal in the 2006 World Cup. If you've seen the Germany-Portugal match, you'll know why! Ironically, Klinsmann was in charge of Germany back then! :)

also euro 2008 where shweini played very well in that match (against portugal), scoring the first goal and setting up the other 2
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:I think I know why, LOL! Scolari was in charge of Portugal in the 2006 World Cup. If you've seen the Germany-Portugal match, you'll know why! Ironically, Klinsmann was in charge of Germany back then! :)

Yea I know what you mean . :)
In this year's European quarter-final he was the best player on the pitch as well .
It's always him shining against Portugal , I'm not too sure if Scolari would be that interested if he would have been
following Schweini's form in the last 2-3 years in the BL closely .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 pm

:D Easy- Schweini "LOVES" Portugal, Scolari "loves" Schweini! :D I think, that Schweini could play for Arsenal, second team i love, Arsenal need good winger, Nasri is more like playmaker, than winger, but RW are two- Walcott and Eboue. Eboue is crap, when he was RD, than he was better. Walcott is good for late substitutions. Schweini would be perfect for starting 11. :)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Schweinsteiger: I Feel Good
FC Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has expressed just how happy he is with life in Munich just at a time when the club is preparing to offer him a new contract.
The 24-year-old's current contract expires at the end of the season and there has been ongoing speculation linking him with a summer move to Juventus.

There have already reportedly already been first discussions between the player and manager Uli Hoeness, however, which are said to have been positive.

"I've basically been on consistently good form for the whole of this calendar year," 'Schweini' recently told the club's official website. "I feel great and I've avoided injury. We've had a lot of games in quick succession, but I have plenty in reserve."

"There have been a few changes: my house, my partner, my agent, and that's made things better," he added, in what should be music to the ears of Bayern Munich fans.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Schweinsteiger Will Cost Bayern

With the contract of midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger due to expire in 2009, it looks likely that Bayern Munich are going to have to stump up the cash if they want the German international midfielder to extend his stay with the club.
The 24 year old will be available on a free transfer in the summer of 2009 if Bayern cannot convince him to sign a new deal at the Allianz Arena. Bayern have said that they want him to stay, but it could now be a matter of price.

According to reports in ‘Kicker’, Schweinsteiger’s advisor has already had contact with AC Milan, Juventus and Inter over a possible move for the Bayern midfielder. Bayern however are prepared to fight to keep their man.

“Bastian is a regular, a Bavarian, and a popular figure. We will do every thing we can to keep him” said club manager Uli Hoeneß on Thursday.

Hoeneß also confirmed that Italian clubs had been in contact with Schweinsteiger’s agent Robert Schneider. “It is the right of his advisor to attempt to raise the price and that’s what he’ll do.”

The result could therefore be that Schweinsteiger becomes too expensive for Bayern with the Serie A giants willing to pay huge wages for him.

“We will endeavour to keep him” added Bayer chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. “We’ve agreed with him to begin negotiations shortly, in order to extend his current contract. Bastian’s development is very satisfactory, he is fit and on form.”

Club president Franz Beckenbauer has also supported Bayern’s efforts to bind ‘Schweini’ to the Bavarian club.

“Bastian has got back to his old form. He is playing extremely well after a year of playing a little under-par.”
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Sabik » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 pm

I am very happy that he is playing so well this season and I hope that he will extend his contract.

For me he is an important part of the team and I have a lot of respect for his career because not so many players from the youth teams were able to make that step to the pros and especially with Germany 2006 and 2008.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Sabik wrote:For me he is an important part of the team and I have a lot of respect for his career because not so many players from the youth teams were able to make that step to the pros and especially with Germany 2006 and 2008.

Yea his career so far for the German national team has been amazing , I think he has already played over 60 matches for Germany , Mathaus who has the most appearances in a German national jersey for example "only" had something over 50 matches played when he was Schweini's age if I'm not mistaken.
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion