You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby DS17 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:35 am

Schweini as amazing yesterday against Portugal! Wow! Why doesn't he play like this more often at Bayern? :(
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Motivation. The whole buildup to the match was Schweini saying that he's got something to prove after being sent off against Croatia, and he most certainly proved that he can be the man. Hopefully he can keep that mentality from here on out and be the player we've all been hoping he would be, for Deutschland and Bayern. (Not holding my breath, though.)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:00 pm

MunchenFC wrote:
Paddy wrote:Unconsistent. I´ve seen more new hair- styles from him than good games the last couple of years. Buy Hleb, Sell Schweini.

haha
yah just wait wen he scores against portugal
just like poldi scored all but 1 goals for germany i dont see anybody calling him a flop! :roll:

I WAS RIGHT U ALL WRONG HE SCORED AND U ALL GOT PROVING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
IWAS WRIGHT HE SCORED AND HAD 2 ASSISTS!
WHO IS THE FLOP NOW!
????
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:56 am

Maybe if Bayern played Portugal in every game from now on he could be great :lol:

Talk to me when he is CONSISTENT like a class player needs to be.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:06 am

Germany star Bastian Schweinsteiger claims he could leave Bayern Munich this summer to move to the Premier League.

The 23-year-old winger was sent off in Germany's 2-1 defeat to Croatia in the group stages of Euro 2008, but returned from suspension to net the opening goal in the 3-2 win over Portugal as the pre-tournament favourites progressed to the last four.

Schweinsteiger is approaching the final year of his contract at Bundesliga champions Bayern, and although new boss Jurgen Klinsmann is keen to keep him in Bavaria, a move to the Premier League could be on the cards.

"I may stay with Bayern and the coach has promised to be supportive of whatever decision I make," Schweinsteger is quoted as saying in the Sunday Mail.

"England does have a good appeal as it is one of the world's best leagues

"I've always wanted to play there and we'll see if it happens this year."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fcelber87 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm

MunchenFC wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:
Paddy wrote:Unconsistent. I´ve seen more new hair- styles from him than good games the last couple of years. Buy Hleb, Sell Schweini.

haha
yah just wait wen he scores against portugal
just like poldi scored all but 1 goals for germany i dont see anybody calling him a flop! :roll:

I WAS RIGHT U ALL WRONG HE SCORED AND U ALL GOT PROVING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
IWAS WRIGHT HE SCORED AND HAD 2 ASSISTS!
WHO IS THE FLOP NOW!
????

Listen guys, i love schweini and poldi just as much as the next bayern fan, and both players have performed in the euros. But I think we are confusing the schweini and poldi of germany with the duo at bayern. We are all in love with them when they wear white and black, but since the world cup both players has lagged in the bundesliga. Toni, Ribey/Altintop have put on a show whereas they fellas have warmed the bench...for good reason too. If they stay, I have every reason to believe that it will be back to normalcy at the bayern camp with these guys...thats the honest truth. Just because they are the poster children of Bayern does not mean that they are entitled to a starting position or worthy of unduly praise just like Hitzfeld said.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:55 pm

If Schweinsteiger and Podolski lack motivation at Club level and excel at NT level there is something wrong with this picture beyond themselves. Maybe Hitzfeld was not the right motivator and Loew is.

I personally raised big questions about Hilzfeld here many times for being dogmatic with a rigid week-after-week 4-4-2 formation and most players already leveled in one position. He lacks Loew’s creativity of changing to different schemes depending on players availability and specific skills, type of opponent or game plan. Just look at how Loew’s found the way to insert Podolski in the team without benching Gomez, he put him as a midfielder and to compensate he fielded Fritz (who is better on defense on the other side, so Ballack can go more often to help on Podolski’s side when the team transitions to defense) then look at what Loew’s does when he loses Frings and benches Gomez, goes to a 4-5-1. Hitzfeld is not capable of doing this and a creative coach is a natural motivator, if you know your position in the field already has a name there is little you can do from the bench to prove yourself, if you know your coach can change the scheme and sometimes have 3 strikers, or 5 midfielders, or move a striker to the midfield, or a fullback to the midfield, you know you have a chance.

Ironically, Hilzfeld plays the same formation game after game, keeping the same players game after game on the bench and when Bayern gets trashed by Zenit he claims “the players were exhausted”. He exhausted the players! As somebody pointed out here he did not accomplish anything this last season: he badly lost in Europe against a team with a ridiculous budget, while he struggled to pass another Tier II team. The fact that he won the BL sitting on a sack of gold with all the money Bayern spent on players does not tell me much, he would have been humiliated in the CL if he would have played it.

I hope Schweinsteiger and Podolski stay to play for Klinsmann and they will show the talent that we all know they have, but I am afraid that if Germany ends up winning Euro 2008, both of them, along with Philip Lahm will be heading to England.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Jorge wrote:If Schweinsteiger and Podolski lack motivation at Club level and excel at NT level there is something wrong with this picture beyond themselves. Maybe Hitzfeld was not the right motivator and Loew is.

I personally raised big questions about Hilzfeld here many times for being dogmatic with a rigid week-after-week 4-4-2 formation and most players already leveled in one position. He lacks Loew’s creativity of changing to different schemes depending on players availability and specific skills, type of opponent or game plan. Just look at how Loew’s found the way to insert Podolski in the team without benching Gomez, he put him as a midfielder and to compensate he fielded Fritz (who is better on defense on the other side, so Ballack can go more often to help on Podolski’s side when the team transitions to defense) then look at what Loew’s does when he loses Frings and benches Gomez, goes to a 4-5-1. Hitzfeld is not capable of doing this and a creative coach is a natural motivator, if you know your position in the field already has a name there is little you can do from the bench to prove yourself, if you know your coach can change the scheme and sometimes have 3 strikers, or 5 midfielders, or move a striker to the midfield, or a fullback to the midfield, you know you have a chance.

Ironically, Hilzfeld plays the same formation game after game, keeping the same players game after game on the bench and when Bayern gets trashed by Zenit he claims “the players were exhausted”. He exhausted the players! As somebody pointed out here he did not accomplish anything this last season: he badly lost in Europe against a team with a ridiculous budget, while he struggled to pass another Tier II team. The fact that he won the BL sitting on a sack of gold with all the money Bayern spent on players does not tell me much, he would have been humiliated in the CL if he would have played it.

I hope Schweinsteiger and Podolski stay to play for Klinsmann and they will show the talent that we all know they have, but I am afraid that if Germany ends up winning Euro 2008, both of them, along with Philip Lahm will be heading to England.

=D>
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Juve Offer Cash Plus Tiago For Schweinsteiger
According to the Corriere dello Sport, Juventus are set to offer cash plus Tiago Mendes to Bayern Munich in the hope of signing Bastian Schweinsteiger.

The Bianconeri are working feverishly in the hope of signing a top class midfielder ahead of next season.

The club’s three primary transfer targets all look unlikely to join. Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso has had second thoughts over a move, the transfer of Inter’s Dejan Stankovic has hit problems following a protest from Bianconeri fans, while the chances of capturing Roma’s Alberto Aquilani have always been slim.

The Corriere says that Juve have now stepped up their efforts to sign Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger.

The 23-year-old had a poor club season for Bayern, however he has been very impressive for Germany at Euro 2008, scoring in both the quarter final and semi final wins over Portugal and Turkey respectively.

Juve first made contact with Bayern regarding the player a couple of weeks ago, and they are now set to make an official transfer bid, offering cash plus midfield flop Tiago Mendes in exchange for the player.

However Schweinsteiger is also wanted by Milan and a host of Premier League teams, and the player recently admitted that England was his favoured destination.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Yuck, while I wouldn't mind selling Schweini since chances are he'll probably be rubbish when he comes back from EURO, Tiago's even worse! Cash only, please!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Yuck, while I wouldn't mind selling Schweini since chances are he'll probably be rubbish when he comes back from EURO, Tiago's even worse! Cash only, please!

agreed why trade a supposable flop in schweiny according to most people on this forum for a even huger and actual flop in tiago??
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 pm

I hope that their fourth transfer target will fail too :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby wadie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:33 pm

I wisht that he well stay.... :roll:
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Postby Huggseybear31 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Well as of right now if your going to sell Schweni this is the time his stock has raised soo much over the past month where we can actually get some realy money for him

I read earlier that people think hitzfiled itsnt a good motivater and if that is true then PERFECT guys we hav jurgen Klinsmen the most energentic coach coming here to bayern. I bealive that schweni took the next step in his career over this tournement

I bealive we must keep him if we dont we would be making a big mistake..... you guys are gonna laugh but i think schweni is our Christiano Ronaldo not so much on skill level but both players have Heart and Determination even tho germany lsot yesterday Schweni still never gave up in till that ref blew that final wisthle
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Huggseybear31 wrote:Well as of right now if your going to sell Schweni this is the time his stock has raised soo much over the past month where we can actually get some realy money for him

I read earlier that people think hitzfiled itsnt a good motivater and if that is true then PERFECT guys we hav jurgen Klinsmen the most energentic coach coming here to bayern. I bealive that schweni took the next step in his career over this tournement

I bealive we must keep him if we dont we would be making a big mistake..... you guys are gonna laugh but i think schweni is our Christiano Ronaldo not so much on skill level but both players have Heart and Determination even tho germany lsot yesterday Schweni still never gave up in till that ref blew that final wisthle

I love bayern so much and as much as it kills me to say it i think we should sell shwieni.
As a german i have to say that Bayern holds the future of the mannschaft (poldi, shwieni, lahm, jensen, kroos,ottel), and only one out of those is getting regular first team football at bayern (lahm), i know to bayern fans the club might come first but as a nation our national team should come first.
As painful as it is to say, i think we should let at least 3 of the above players to leave to develop and become better players, we dont have to sell them we can just loan them to a team that guarantees them first team football, untill we have a place for them in the first team.
I dont want us to become like england struggling to pick 22 players, because of their lack of experience and playing time. English players are setting on the sidelines which stopping their development and thats why their national team is suffering badly.
We all love bayern but lets not be selfish.
shwas55
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion