You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby bayern_fukara » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Reports suggest Bastian Schweinsteiger's days at Bayern could be numbered after another disappointing performance this weekend. Sevilla are thought to be interested.

more on Goal.com

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=581804
bayern_fukara
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby tracylynn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Goal.com is not a really reliable source. However, this rumor has been going around for about a week now. IMO, unless Klinsmann wants him I would not be surprised if he left. I wonder if he is feeling the effects of being bitten by a tick? We all know that one can not be cured from lyme disease but I wonder if his body simply can no longer handle the demands of the game.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:14 pm

I hope that he stays :?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Schweini is one of the best midfielders at the club and should be played on the opposite wing to Ribery to get the best out of him.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:57 am

Great talent :lol: :lol:
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 am

:o :o bastian is my favorite player. He must stay!!
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MunchenFC » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:42 am

One of the best players in the world when in top-form, amazing crosser of the ball, great shot from distance. A great example of him in great form is:

Germany vs. Portugal in 3rd place game in the World Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrJESD0 ... re=related
Watch this one to see him on fire!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby draconaut » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 am

Schweinsteiger must STAY.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Kemo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Klinsmann will keep him. Klinsmann got the best out of him for Germany.
Kemo
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 pm

I hope he does not leave because he may not be in great form right now because i think he is not 100%. He is also very young and has a couple more years to become the class player we know he can be
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 pm

I hope he stays so that my black jersey with his name on the back is still relevant! No but seriously Schweini has shown that he can be nasty but he's not consistent. I'm sure he'll be around next season but like Poldi if he doesn't finally step up and make a serious contribution I could see him leaving. What I want to know is why you never see him trying those crazy long shots anymore. I thought that was one of his strengths? Remember vs. Sporting Lisbon last year or of course vs. Portugal in the World Cup...those are some sick goals! Maybe Hitzfeld discourages trying those shots. That's too bad, Altintop is obviously good at those too. I want to see more of that from both of them. They can stay as long as they want, then!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm

FCBinNYC wrote: What I want to know is why you never see him trying those crazy long shots anymore. I thought that was one of his strengths? Remember vs. Sporting Lisbon last year or of course vs. Portugal in the World Cup...those are some sick goals! Maybe Hitzfeld discourages trying those shots. That's too bad, Altintop is obviously good at those too. I want to see more of that from both of them. They can stay as long as they want, then!

I wonder the same thing. Could it be that he just lost his confidence in taking those shots?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 am

i agree with FCBinNYC and tracylynn - i fell in love with those shots :lol: :lol:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby BayernFC » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:38 pm

bastian needs to stay he is the best midfielder in germany. :D
BayernFC
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby walter » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 pm

BayernFC wrote:bastian needs to stay he is the best midfielder in germany. :D

I like Schweini but this statement is hardly true. I think Simon Rolfes is currently Germany's best midfielder and should be in starting lineup for Euro 2008...sorry for drifting a little off topic...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion