You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby aterford » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:42 am

#12 wrote:Yeah let's add another player whose retirement we make an all expenses paid trip around Europe...
Seriously, you might argue Vidal is not yet declining, and that he wasn't better at Juve (which I wouldn't agree on) - but why make him a top earner now AND keep him two more years, before we can make a better assessment of his "battery"?

Yeah....I'm not saying sell Vidal ASAP but keeping him till 2021 seems really dumb to me. I like Vidal just fine but I think it should be clear to most that "Chile Vidal" is a VERY different player from "Bayern Vidal". That's not to say he's not valuable to us, but I think he's a lot more irreplaceable for Chile than for us. I think he is afforded a lot more freedom there and it suits him well. When he is on form for Chile I think you could easily argue Vidal is as good as any midfielder alive....For us, I think he is more like top 15. Obviously, that's not bad, but the difference is pretty stark to me.

I think we are seeing right now with Robben and Ribery how detrimental holding on to players for too long can be (or at least not moving toward the future)...for me even Costa and Coman deals were later than they should have been. Same with Alonso last year...I love Alonso but I think we all saw that he was past it. It seems to me like right now Bayern's plan when it comes to aging players is "if you wanna keep playing for us, we'll let you...you can expect a one-year extension at the end of every year from here on out."
I know it kinda stings and feels "wrong" but I think at some point we've got to be willing to say "thanks for all you've done for us but we're not picking up your contract when it's over"....and we've gotta stop being afraid of pissing off guys like Ribery, Robben, etc. If they wanna stay, that's cool, but at the same time we can't be scared of upsetting them by sitting them on the bench to get some young blood worked in.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:17 am

aterford wrote:Yeah....I'm not saying sell Vidal ASAP but keeping him till 2021 seems really dumb to me.

You do realize that signing players until 2021 doesn't mean they will see their contract out, but it adds MONEY to a potential sale 1, 2 or even 3 years later?
You are saying KEEPING him like its given that players run their contracts down. Who knows what will happen next year or so? Selling Vidal (or everybody else who has a contract till 2021 or so) would be WAY MORE money-beneficial than those players having a contract till 2019...

We are all into buying Sanchez with his crazy ass-money transfer fee (for only a year left at Arsenal) and his reported high-salary. If he signs, it would be at least until 2022. He is just year and a half younger than Vidal. So do the math and tell me how old will Sanchez get in 2022 and how old Vidal would be in 2021 (if both run their contracts down).
Pure illogical thinking. And dont start telling me about what Sanchez will bring to the team or what Vidal offers to the team. I'm discussing just age and contracts now.

btw don't add Ribery or Robben into this mix please. Doesn't add up to this "controversial" Vidal extension. Not even close. You are mixing Bayern legends with a player who came to Bayern only 2 years ago. If you didnt realise that Bayern likes to keep their legends (the ones who want to stay also) until their legs are dead or they retire - thats your issue.

Is that a way to "block" young talents? I dunno, but it's one of the things that keeps Bayern what it is. A family. One of the rarest in this sport.

P.S Robben is still one of the best wingers in the game currently. Hell, Robben with only one leg (but fit) is still better than 95% of the wingers today. He had last injury in November 2016.
When he retires or goes away, that would be an even sadder event for Bayern (on the field) than Lahm retiring.

Only Ribery could be discussed like an "obstacle" for young talents.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 pm

How many players of our first eleven have we sold more than one year ahead of contract expiration? Hint: If you need to look it up it's probably not many...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:06 pm

#12 wrote:How many players of our first eleven have we sold more than one year ahead of contract expiration? Hint: If you need to look it up it's probably not many...

yep, which is why i'm really against this. maybe, in some weird world, Bayern sell early... but we all know that won't be the case. As mentioned in a different post, what happens in 4 years when 34-year old Vidal is stumbling around the midfield, legs too f***ed up from years of abuse - meanwhile, young talents refuse to come to Bayern due to lack of playtime... at this point, simply saying the name "Alonso" should make people afraid of this scenario... and Xabi was always the better player as well...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 pm

zozon wrote:
aterford wrote:Yeah....I'm not saying sell Vidal ASAP but keeping him till 2021 seems really dumb to me.

You do realize that signing players until 2021 doesn't mean they will see their contract out, but it adds MONEY to a potential sale 1, 2 or even 3 years later?
You are saying KEEPING him like its given that players run their contracts down. Who knows what will happen next year or so? Selling Vidal (or everybody else who has a contract till 2021 or so) would be WAY MORE money-beneficial than those players having a contract till 2019...

We are all into buying Sanchez with his crazy ass-money transfer fee (for only a year left at Arsenal) and his reported high-salary. If he signs, it would be at least until 2022. He is just year and a half younger than Vidal. So do the math and tell me how old will Sanchez get in 2022 and how old Vidal would be in 2021 (if both run their contracts down).
Pure illogical thinking. And dont start telling me about what Sanchez will bring to the team or what Vidal offers to the team. I'm discussing just age and contracts now.

btw don't add Ribery or Robben into this mix please. Doesn't add up to this "controversial" Vidal extension. Not even close. You are mixing Bayern legends with a player who came to Bayern only 2 years ago. If you didnt realise that Bayern likes to keep their legends (the ones who want to stay also) until their legs are dead or they retire - thats your issue.

Is that a way to "block" young talents? I dunno, but it's one of the things that keeps Bayern what it is. A family. One of the rarest in this sport.

P.S Robben is still one of the best wingers in the game currently. Hell, Robben with only one leg (but fit) is still better than 95% of the wingers today. He had last injury in November 2016.
When he retires or goes away, that would be an even sadder event for Bayern (on the field) than Lahm retiring.

Only Ribery could be discussed like an "obstacle" for young talents.

Yeah, I know how it works.

Here's the thing: we don't do that. How many times have you seen us sell one of our stars with 2-3 years still left on their contract?

BTW: "we" aren't "all into buying Sanchez with his crazy ass-money transfer fee". Go check the Sanchez transfer thread and I'm sure you'll find my thoughts might not be the same as you're characterizing them to be, but hey what's a good argument without sweeping generalizations. In whatever case, a potential Sanchez transfer has NOTHING to do with Vidal staying, getting sold, getting an extension, etc. Stop conflating the issues here. They're 100% independent of each other and any attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison out of it is far too simplistic and reductive.

Regardless of what you think on Robben and Ribery, the fact remains that holding on to them has negatively impacted us when it comes to getting new wingers for the future. And no player is bigger than the club, right?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:32 pm

wtf, where is he?
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 pm

On holiday with his family.
Happy birthday,btw . =D>
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 pm

He's back in training alongside Kimmich today...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:On holiday with his family.
Happy birthday,btw . =D>

I thought he still hadn't come back :?
and thanks mate!
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:35 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:On holiday with his family.
Happy birthday,btw . =D>

I thought he still hadn't come back :?
and thanks mate!

Well,Firefox is right:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 am

“I am feeling better day by day, this will undoubtedly be my season.”
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 am

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

“I am feeling better day by day, this will undoubtedly be my season.”
You missed the "gather fear, cause this year will be mine" part

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:24 pm

And I like these type of players too..so much belief.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm

A.Vidal https://twitter.com/kingarturo23/status ... 2971453441

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion