You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby Argeta » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Why are there two threads of Vidal lulz

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Because we shouldn't be using the other one (that's for pre-transfer Vidal and any future sell/dont-sell Vidal talk).
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:20 pm

He will after some revision but since there are a lot of spanish speakers he might become more lazy.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:26 pm

German is very difficult for Romance languages speakers.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby SBash22 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:40 pm

quaazi wrote:He's also spent four years away from Germany. I spoke conversational German when I finished high school, I did not four years after that.

I did German for 5 years (7th grade-11th grade)..... I then took 4 levels of Spanish in college

I remember very little from both other than some basic stuff

if you're not around it every day and its not your first language, its not easy to remember..... I doubt Vidal was fluent in German when he played in Germany.... going away for 4-5 years makes it that much tougher

that being said, I doubt he's starting from scratch.... I'm sure he understands terms and concepts while on the pitch with coaches/players.... but thats alot different than answering questions from the media during a press conference..... when doing an introductory press conference, you wanna make sure you know what you're answering and saying
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby SBash22 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:He's getting quite a bit of hate from Juventus fans for his comments about having a better chance of winning the CL with us. To be honest, I find it a tad disrespectful (despite being true) and would have rather he had said nothing.

what exactly did he say?

I saw him say complimentary words towards Juve and everything they accomplished while he was there

plus, sometimes a word or 2 gets mixed up during translation and makes something sound alot worse than it is

to add to that..... I havent seen many, if any, complaints from Juve fans about Vidal and what he said today..... despite following some Juve fans/news on twitter and from reading Juve message boards
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

SBash22 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:He's getting quite a bit of hate from Juventus fans for his comments about having a better chance of winning the CL with us. To be honest, I find it a tad disrespectful (despite being true) and would have rather he had said nothing.

what exactly did he say?

I saw him say complimentary words towards Juve and everything they accomplished while he was there

plus, sometimes a word or 2 gets mixed up during translation and makes something sound alot worse than it is

I'm not sure. It is possible that the rage is all just English-media made. Don't know. Haven't heard the original declarations.
PunkCapitalist

Postby SBash22 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:When people say Vidal isn't "bayern material" are they refferring to his drunk driving or his actual gameplay?

It would be absolutely insane if people thought his level of play isn't bayern material.

the whole "Bayern material" concept sounds really stupid to me.....

on the field, he can play for any team in the world

off the field (or even on the field), no one is perfect and people make mistakes/questionable decisions...... including guys currently on the team right now

no doubt the DUI was a big mistake that could have killed/injured himself, his family, or someone else.... luckily it didnt...... but I dont think you hold that against him for the rest of his career, especially if he learned from it and never does it again

if he does it again, you can start to question if he's worth the trouble
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

SBash22 wrote:if you're not around it every day and its not your first language, its not easy to remember..... I doubt Vidal was fluent in German when he played in Germany.... going away for 4-5 years makes it that much tougher

This is true... I lived in Munich for two years, and I moved back to the US two years ago. I can tell in myself that if it wasn't for my wife speaking German with me, I would have forgotten a huge portion of what I learned. You need to use language every day to maintain it, and if you don't make an effort to practice, you will definitely lose it. Who knows - maybe Vidal assumed he would never move back to Germany, and therefore never continued learning it?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SBash22 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
SBash22 wrote:

what exactly did he say?

I'm not sure. It is possible that the rage is all just English-media made. Don't know. Haven't heard the original declarations.

The most offense thing I read was he was ready to take the step to "the next level"..... but again, "next level" and "next step" of his career can easily be mixed up in translation

I just find it hard to believe he would say something negative about Juve.... at least with intent..... especially after saying positive things about his time there
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm

All the declarations during a Press Conf are becoming a BIG cliche...
i thank the supporters cause...
I moved to take a new challenge
This is anothet step in my career
Bla bla bla bla
Instead of saying ... I moved because of the €$¥£

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:23 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
SBash22 wrote:

what exactly did he say?

I think this is the relevent interview

Still seems like much ado about nothing to me. Especially without hearing what he said in Spanish.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 pm

quaazi wrote:He's also spent four years away from Germany. I spoke conversational German when I finished high school, I did not four years after that.

Yeah, but you still understand German no matter if it's got a bit weaker. We are talking about football and basics, ie intermediate German, not upper-intermediate or proficient level which he didn't learn 4 years ago.

I mean, your German might be corroded, okay... But if you've learned anything more than fundamentals of a foreign language, you are able to communicate, especially if you were under influence of the latter for 4 years.

Conversational German, well mate... =D> That's something what I believe you'll never forget. :wink:

I cannot even imagine how would I actually speak, type and read the English language after more than one year in a familiar enovironment for using it. :-o :-k

Then again... Nah, what the hell... They are going to speak Spanish. Many things have changed through the last 2 years.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Norman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Vidal is not, in general,regretted by Juve F.C. society ( indeed there was much tensions caused by his behavior and his lack of professionalism) nor by fans who did not liked the transfer of Tevez and Pirlo. Surely, nobody, in Italy, cry for Vidal departure. Everybody know his Night Folies in Turin's nightclubs, training sessions started hours later wuth coach asking dor him! We will surely see all the repertory!!!
I don't know if Vidal have criticized Juve or not in case I'm not surprised, this describes better the person!
Hard days are coming!
Ciao
Norman

P.S. I believed to be the only skeptic about Vidal arrival and instead ...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
P.P.S. Still I don't understand how he managed to pass the medical tests! #-o #-o #-o #-o

Norman, again
MIA SAN MIA
Norman
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby LuisH » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:01 am

LuisH
Getting the hang of it