You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 pm

:(:cry:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:49 pm

endrity wrote:I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role.

If Javi Martinez is fit, I prefer him as our first DM option, and Xabi Alonso as the second choice, because he is playing better than Vidal.

Since Vidal reach to Bayern, many people consider him the "replacement" of Schweinsteiger, but after watching the performance of Thiago in the last game, it is clear that Thiago is the real new Schweini, and Vidal has not argument to have a place in the starting XI.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:39 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:

If Javi Martinez is fit, I prefer him as our first DM option, and Xabi Alonso as the second choice, because he is playing better than Vidal.

Since Vidal reach to Bayern, many people consider him the "replacement" of Schweinsteiger, but after watching the performance of Thiago in the last game, it is clear that Thiago is the real new Schweini, and Vidal has not argument to have a place in the starting XI.

That's a misunderstanding, Vidal is more like Thiago than a Holding Midfielder. There is no Schweini in our current setup. Bringing Vidal in was a good choice because it helps in pressing and winning back balls and he is good (not as good as Thiago, but good) going forward.

Imagine Thiago were to get an injury. Who would take up that role? Only Vidal can. That's the position he played for Juve BTW.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Imagine Thiago were to get an injury. Who would take up that role? Only Vidal can. That's the position he played for Juve BTW.

Yes, that's why I wrote that he has no argument for being in the starting lineup, if all the important players are available.

About pressing and recovering the ball, Thiago made these very good yesterday and I compare Thiago as a new Schweini because the distribution of the ball, Thiago is participating in the passing game more than any other player.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Yes, that's why I wrote that he has no argument for being in the starting lineup, if all the important players are available.

About pressing and recovering the ball, Thiago made these very good yesterday and I compare Thiago as a new Schweini because the distribution of the ball, Thiago is participating in the passing game more than any other player.

I think the HM is the one we should dispone of and we should play Thiago and Vidal in the center behind Müller and Lewy. But fair point, if we *need* a HM/DM, Vidal should definitively sit those games out. He gives us options anyway, so good buy.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:49 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think the HM is the one we should dispone of and we should play Thiago and Vidal in the center behind Müller and Lewy. But fair point, if we *need* a HM/DM, Vidal should definitively sit those games out. He gives us options anyway, so good buy.

No, having too many players playing in offense, is always good to have a DM supporting the centre back for the recovering of the ball and pressing, the DM position give balance to our team.

Heynckes invest 40 million to buy Javi for fill that position and success. Pep insist with Xabi and love having Javi back, so he now respect the role of a holding midfielder.

In the best scenario, with Muller, Lewandowski, Robben, Thiago and (Ribery or Costa) available, we have too many weapons for success in attack, so Vidal presence is unnecessary.

Yes, he is a good buy, but for substitution.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:29 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:

Xabi Alonso is one of the biggest liabilities we have on our team when we lose the ball, he can not cover ground anymore to protect the back four. We have been waiting on Javi for two years to get healthy, and I hope he does, but putting Vidal there might be our next best solution at this point.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:31 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

I think the HM is the one we should dispone of and we should play Thiago and Vidal in the center behind Müller and Lewy. But fair point, if we *need* a HM/DM, Vidal should definitively sit those games out. He gives us options anyway, so good buy.

It is pretty much what I hope will happen once Robben comes back, regardless of whether Javi can recover or not physically.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:04 pm

endrity wrote:
Xabi Alonso is one of the biggest liabilities we have on our team when we lose the ball

For not lose the ball, you need a good passer, Xabi and Javi showed that they are good passer, something that I doubt of Vidal. Xabi is more slow than Vidal, but his precision directly reduce the counter.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Thing I don't understand is that alonso is going to be a huge liability defensively, especially in counters.... So, why not just have Thiago dictate from the back and have vidal-javi playing CMs....

I understand that alonso is the best passer by far on the team, but thiago is still very good.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
endrity wrote:
Xabi Alonso is one of the biggest liabilities we have on our team when we lose the ball

For not lose the ball, you need a good passer, Xabi and Javi showed that they are good passer, something that I doubt of Vidal. Xabi is more slow than Vidal, but his precision directly reduce the counter.

That means nothing.

1. Last night Alonso directly hit many balls to Arsenal

2. Even if Alonso has 100% accurancy, someone will inevitably lose the ball at one point. At that point, Xabi is a liability. Now that's fine in the league or against Olympiakos. But once you face Barca or Real or PSG or Chelsea or City or even Arsenal (???) a lost ball means a chance for a lighting quick counter-attack and at that point, you need to recover the ball - something Vidal does fairly well, but Alonso can't
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:00 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Yes, he is a good buy, but for substitution.

As i pointed before - you must be on very heavy drugs or something. Calling Vidal to be a substutition is madness. Vidal is one of the Top 3 best box to box midfielders in the whole damn world.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:05 am

zozon wrote:

As i pointed before - you must be on very heavy drugs or something. Calling Vidal to be a substutition is madness. Vidal is one of the Top 3 best box to box midfielders in the whole damn world.

Italians screwed us once again, they gave us a broken Vidal. :P
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:06 am

JANCKER wrote:
zozon wrote:

Italians screwed us once again, they gave us a broken Vidal. :P

Norman used to tells us... :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:52 am

zozon wrote:

So Oli Kahn and Beckenbauer are in drugs with me, because they have the same opinion about Vidal.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion