You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby Element » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 pm

"Robben - the courageous stabber"

Marca gave this title to Robben because he had Chased off 3 Burglars from his house using A Knife

This Happened last year when Robben was still in Madrid

Robben said " That was last year, I have Followed the Burglars With A Knife around the house , and because of that They Fled"

Then He said kidding " Everyone in Germany must know that , That is not to be trifled with me"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Robben is fast with the ball on his feet, so I guess he is fast with a knife in his hands :lol: The burglars were lucky !
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dambun » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

He is a great player physically, but he is also tooooooo selfish.
LvG should do something about it... or we will lose some very important matches to his attitude.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 pm

I prefer him being selfish than passing the ball to Gomez, who is going to lose it with a bad control

I don't know if you guys noticed, but a lot of times Robbery prefers not to pass him the ball and try to make a different thing haha
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm

You guys treat Gomez with injustice.
He is not as brilliant as Ribery... but he is a very very good striker... and you'll see.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby hgb09 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I prefer him being selfish than passing the ball to Gomez, who is going to lose it with a bad control

I don't know if you guys noticed, but a lot of times Robbery prefers not to pass him the ball and try to make a different thing haha

excellent one, completely agree. I also prefer him to be selfish and not give to muller who won't control it properly.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby hgb09 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 am

dambun wrote:You guys treat Gomez with injustice.
He is not as brilliant as Ribery... but he is a very very good striker... and you'll see.

Yes maybe in 2020. wtf are u talking about?
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby dambun » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 am

hgb09 wrote:
dambun wrote:You guys treat Gomez with injustice.

Yes maybe in 2020. wtf are u talking about?

He has scored more than 20 goals in Bundesliga in each of the the last three seasons.
He is 24 and can still improve his game. I think we'll see his good days later this season, or maybe next season.

One problem is, he is carrying a huge burden of 30M-label on him. The other problems is that teams adopt ultra-defensive tactics against Bayern. You should also see how many quality passes does he receive near opponent's goal.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 am

Well, he leads the ranking in Most Easy Goals Missed in Bundesliga. Element posted that

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, he leads the ranking in Most Easy Goals Missed in Bundesliga. Element posted that

i told u that i will Regret posting that :)

but yes i did
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, he leads the ranking in Most Easy Goals Missed in Bundesliga. Element posted that

Maybe. And he hasn't been in top form for us. But he was also unlucky, and hit the post several times this season. He is muchhhh better than Toni, because he participates in team tactics and doesn't disturb team's attacking movements. he also makes good opportunities for others.

The only thing that is not satisfying about him is his his finishing, which is more a question of confidence, not abilities. Considering his history of goal-scoring, he'll score lots of goals for us, as soon as he settles in.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 pm

dambun wrote:and hit the post several times this season

4 times this season , 3rd most in the league this season

Schweinsteiger leads this aspect with 6 times !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby SilentStrike » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 pm

a huge article about robben in the dutch newpaper todayl (covered three full pages)

its basically about how much he:
-enjoys life in munich
-loves how personal the coach gets with the players
-really likes our doctor, who looks at robben specifically and doesnt treat all players the same (like what happened in Real)... he didnt have any muscle injury this year, cus not all players' muscles are the same and can take the same intensity
-How the coach doesn't treat all players the same (gives ribery and robben differnet sprints because they are built differently)
-How LVG does video analysis so all players can see what they did right and wrofng the prev match.
-How the players are treated with more RESPECT
Last edited by SilentStrike on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:22 pm

I like to read that kind of things :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Hmm that is definitely more illuminating. Even me who is pro-LvG did not consider him much of a player-coach. I thought he was always slightly more distant but it seems this is not the case. It seems he is definitely very good at both tactics and player-coaching. This should provide some food for thought for the few LVG haters left here.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion