You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:13 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:With that you basically just called our entire offensive line completely useless.

Well, nothing creative about your choices. You basically went with the most hyped targets of the summer. And statistically speaking, they haven't even been better than Robben.

The other offensive players play for the team. Ribery, Müller, even Lewandowski the archetypal striker. Robben doesn't. Don't see how you would infer that I would see the others as useless. Did you see me complaining about them in other threads?

Of course they're not creative. What do you expect, Gnabry? :lol: Here's a statistic: Dembélé scored last night with Robben's move. Robben sabotaged Lahm's retirement season. If he has the audacity to screw it up for Lahm he should just leave with him.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 pm

You just agreed 3 posts ago he's still one of the best players of the current squad and then stated he's useless. I guess logically that doesn't mean others are useless too...

Ahh, so Dembele scored last night, I guess that makes everything you said right! :mrgreen:

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and this is a pointless argument.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 pm

I'm going to have to take Dumbledore side... While I don't agree with talking in such terms about a legend of ours, Robben's whole game is based on scoring. He is not creative, hogs the ball too much and rarely does a defense-splitting pass. When a player like him stops being lethal, as is the case right now in top level football, then he becomes a negative for the team. Time to move on from him as well. I'd like him to stay, but as a Müller (or even someone else's) backup on the RW.

This season he was one of our best attackers, but that's because Müller and Costa were sh!t, Coman barely played and Ribery was so-so.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:You just agreed 3 posts ago he's still one of the best players of the current squad and then stated he's useless. I guess logically that doesn't mean others are useless too...

Ahh, so Dembele scored last night, I guess that makes everything you said right! :mrgreen:

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and this is a pointless argument.

Specifically stated that my criteria for use is his work within the team, that they didn't need to be better players than Robben. Sorry if I'm incapable of making that any clearer for you.

I am, so I don't suggest anyone spend too much time being butthurt about it and raise a pointless argument :mrgreen:
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Other teams figured out Robben. The best he can do nowadays is drop the ball off to Lahm. :/

He is far more effective when Müller is on the pitch, Müller loves to sit in the half space and draw Robbens second marker off. He's also alway there to give Robben that 1-2 layoff that sets Robben up to shoot from the edge of the box. Robben ends up super isolated without Müller

Sure Muller helps, imho; but Robben often finds himself double teamed. Most of the time Robben is more effective when his right leg starts which makes it hell for full backs and DMs to either stop him from cutting inside or passing the ball deep to Lahm on the overlap. When paired with Rafinha, who hardly ever runs in deep, he is not as effective I have noticed.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I'm going to have to take Dumbledore side... While I don't agree with talking in such terms about a legend of ours, Robben's whole game is based on scoring. He is not creative, hogs the ball too much and rarely does a defense-splitting pass. When a player like him stops being lethal, as is the case right now in top level football, then he becomes a negative for the team. Time to move on from him as well. I'd like him to stay, but as a Müller (or even someone else's) backup on the RW.

This season he was one of our best attackers, but that's because Müller and Costa were sh!t, Coman barely played and Ribery was so-so.

Some of you really think the sun would always shine if we signed Mbappe. All players have rough patches.

There's a lot more to le cut inside man than just cutting inside and shooting. Just look at all that space he creates for Lahm on the wing, or his combinative plays with Thiago. It has all been working well all season apart from perhaps the game against Madrid in München. But then Lahm wasn't so willing to go high up on the pitch either, which made it far easier to mark Robben (BTW in terms of key passes and chances created per 90 minutes Mbappe and Silva aren't on par with Robben...Dembele is slightly better, but Robben scores more).

Based on this season considering him a Müller back on the RW is just laughable...Müller has a mountain to climb to get there.

Robben is past his prime, not at his best...Dembele would be a great signing...you can claim all that. But that's not because Robben is useless, don't be ridiculous.

As for me being butthurt...please #-o
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 pm

I haven't ever advocated the signing of Mbappe, I think he would be a poor fit for us. I want Alexis for the left and Müller on the right. Müller is proven on right btw, with Bayern AND Germany, so the one laughable is you.

You're right in that he also occupies 2-3 markers, but that's not enough for me. We need more fluidity and mobility upfront and we need creativity and goals from MF and we need a WC left winger/left attacking midfielder.

I don't know where that butthurt comment came from frankly, so I'm just gonna ignore it.

PunkCapitalist

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I haven't ever advocated the signing of Mbappe, I think he would be a poor fit for us. I want Alexis for the left and Müller on the right. Müller is proven on right btw, with Bayern AND Germany, so the one laughable is you.

You're right in that he also occupies 2-3 markers, but that's not enough for me. We need more fluidity and mobility upfront and we need creativity and goals from MF and we need a WC left winger/left attacking midfielder.

I don't know where that butthurt comment came from frankly, so I'm just gonna ignore it.

You are right the butthurt comment was not a response to you, just didn't want to quote one more post :P

You can substitute Mbappe with anybody, it's really not the point.

What is exactly laughable about what I said? I was talking about him specifically based ON THIS SEASON the same way you are criticizing Robben based on some bad games he has played...it's the same principle. On one hand you want Robben gone, on the other you want to replace him with a player who has been playing even worse. Also you want more fluidity and mobility...Müller isn't exactly the poster boy for either of those.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I haven't ever advocated the signing of Mbappe, I think he would be a poor fit for us. I want Alexis for the left and Müller on the right. Müller is proven on right btw, with Bayern AND Germany, so the one laughable is you.

You are right the butthurt comment was not a response to you, just didn't want to quote one more post

You can substitute Mbappe with anybody, it's really not the point.

What is exactly laughable about what I said? I was talking about him specifically based ON THIS SEASON the same way you are criticizing Robben based on some bad games he has played...it's the same principle. On one hand you want Robben gone, on the other you want to replace him with a player who has been playing even worse. Also you want more fluidity and mobility...Müller isn't exactly the poster boy for either of those.

Oh, come on... Robben is gonna be 34 by the end of next season, Müller is still in his prime despite the bad season. It's reasonable to expect next year's Robben to be worse than this year's Robben and next year's Müller to be (muchhhh) better than this year's Müller... And Müller HAS shown that he can play as a RW under the right system.

The fluidity and mobility comment I don't know were you get it from, for me Müller is very fluid and very mobile. His whole game is basically moving and sneaking around. He would be great in a front attacking 3 if more creativity is provided from MF and there is also a direct threat on the left.

PunkCapitalist

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 am

I have no problems with Müller, I just think Robben is STILL a better RW, and for one more season he is still going to be.

But we are on similar grounds. Alexis would be my choice too but I'd keep Robben (as more or less first choice RW depending on form). Ribery-Robben-Alexis-Coman should be enough. I'd play Müller more SS/AMF than RW, but also he could play there if needed.

I also don't think Mbappe would be a great fit, and I think we'd be too early getting Dembele now...and I'm just not convinced enough about Bernardo Silva to justify a possible 70-80M price tag.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby ThiagoRises » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:14 am

The irony.

This kid bashes Robben and Muller and says I can say what I want. HAHAHAHAA
ThiagoRises
Getting the hang of it

Postby JANCKER » Mon May 01, 2017 4:39 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby America USA » Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Robben is not getting any younger, we need a decent backup RW when he goes. Otherwise it'll be a huge loss to the first team.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Stay healthy Robben.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 31, 2017 11:35 am

That's probably the first time that I've seen Robben looking tired :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion