You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Andries Jonker

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Andries Jonker

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Louis van Gaal has been fired with immediate effect as FC Bayern coach, and his replacement for the last 5 games of the season is Andries Jonker. But who is Andries Jonker?

Andries Jonker was born on 22 September 1962 (current age: 48) in Amsterdam, the capital city of Holland. In his playing days he started off with the youth team of Volendam, and then played for De Volewijckers, De Meer and ZFC.

After his playing days were over, he got into coaching and started off as an assistant coach to Volendam in 1997, the team he played for in his youth days. After 2 seasons as an assistant coach, he was promoted to the head coach of Volendam. His venture lasted only one season because he then went off to Barcelona as an assistant coach (2002-2003). He then spent 3 seasons as head coach for MVV, and from 2007 to 2009 as head coach for Willem II Tilburg, which plays in the Eredivisie.

When Louis van Gaal joined FC Bayern, he brought Andries Jonker over as his assistant coach. He is now the caretaker coach for the last 5 matches of the season, and will be replaced by Jupp Heynckes at the start of next season.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Andries Jonker

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Does it mean that he will use LVG's tactics and formations?

:?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Does it mean that he will use LVG's tactics and formations?

I will be expecting him to make some changes and leave with a good taste at the end of the season. It's the first time he's had a chance to manage a club of FC Bayern's stature, and he wants to make the most out of it.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Rummenigge said That Andries Jonker will mostly Be Bayern II coach next season because Hermann Gerland will be the 2nd Assistant of Jupp Heynckes
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Element wrote:Rummenigge said That Andries Jonker will mostly Be Bayern II coach next season because Hermann Gerland will be the 2nd Assistant of Jupp Heynckes

Wow, you're kidding right? Why would Bayern keep LvG's right-hand-man?
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 pm

I think LVG himself has a lot of faith in Jonker and remember sometime last season (before LVG extended) that LVG wanted Jonker to continue his work after he left etc.

I think he seems like a more motivational type of coach who believes in LVG's tactics. He should have good relations with the players since hes younger. He can do a decent job in the last few games.

He is not stubborn enough to go against the board and take risks like LVG and play players out of positions.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Does it mean that he will use LVG's tactics and formations?

We'll probably play the same, but without players out of their positions and of course, with the best ones (no Kraft, no Pranjic, no Ottl).
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Andries Jonker said that it was really important for him to get The OK of Louis Van Gaal to be the interim coach !!!! because he has a strong relation to LvG

he also said " we must be 3rd in 14th may , I dont need to develop or build up players i 5 matches , i dont need any philosophy , I must reach the CL qualification with with the club, fans ,team , board and players"

Jonker also said that he will lead the TEAM HIS WAY , but he also wont change much because Louis Van Gaal has doen many things right

after the Season , he will be head coach of Bayern II
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 pm

On Sunday, Bayern Munich finally parted company with Louis van Gaal and announced that his assistant Andries Jonker would take over as head coach.

Although his tenure at Bayern is limited to the final five games of the Bundesliga season, the decision to appoint Jonker as boss at such a critical stage in the season is quite remarkable. Over the next month, Jonker will either lead Bayern to overcome Hannover and earn a spot in the Champions League, or he will leave the club in serious financial and sporting trouble.

Goal is to improve communication
Jonker has pledged to bring attention to his players from the background to the forefront. He will also emphasise the differences between himself and his rather harsh predecessor. Jonker is also said to have been against the controversial decision to replace goalkeeper Hans-Jorg Butt with Thomas Kraft, whose error on Saturday cost Bayern three valuable points and was the final nail in the coffin of Van Gaal's tenure.

"I want to improve communication with the players," Jonker told TZ in his first interview. "If one has a problem or a question, he can always come to me."

Nice and sincere
With his nice and sincere nature, Jonker hopes to improve the atmosphere at the club and solve some of the problems with individual players. He is in a situation similar to that of Jupp Heynckes, who took over for sacked coach Jurgen Klinsmann in the final weeks of the 2008-09 season and steered Bayern back on course to qualify for the Champions League.

Experience at small clubs
In the Netherlands, Jonker has left no outstanding impression from his previous stints as head coach. He worked at Volendam, Willem II and Maastricht, smaller clubs that either played in the second division or were fighting for survival in the Eredivisie.

"He is absolutely not the typical Dutch coach, like Johan Cruyff, Rinus Michels, Guus Hiddink, or Frank Rijkaard," assessed Wout Stravers of Goal.com Netherlands.

Self-hiring coach
Jonker made headlines as sporting director of Willem II Tilburg. In 2007, he sacked coach Dennis van Wijk, and after failing to find a suitable successor, took charge of the squad.

Since joining Bayern, Jonker has convinced the bosses of his expertise. Not only has he taken over the role as head coach of the senior team, but according to Kicker, he will be appointed to coach the Bavarians' amateur side in the summer.

In his career thus far, Jonker has yet to be tested in high-stakes situations. He now takes on the greatest challenge of his career, and it all begins with Sunday's very challenging match against Bundesliga title-hopefuls Bayer Leverkusen. In Jonker, Bayern trust.

Source: goal.com
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 pm

MUTU wrote:Jonker is also said to have been against the controversial decision to replace goalkeeper Hans-Jorg Butt with Thomas Kraft

=D> =D> =D>
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dhuber24 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:57 pm

he knows what he has to do and i think he seems confident in his ways of running the team which i like
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby es_bih » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:10 am

As long as he plays Butt, Contento, Tymo we'll be fine.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 am

Posted on Leverkusen match thread:
CroCHEF wrote:BTW.
Jonkers mother is very sick and he must go to Holland.They dont know how long he will miss.Gerland is gonna be coach for training few days.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 08796.html

Get well soon, Jonker's mum!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 pm

German press noted a bit of private news regarding Coach Jonker's mother. Unfortunately she had a bit of a serious condition before the game but she is now stable and not 'life threatening.' I hope someone lets her now her son made us all proud on Sunday.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Jim_S » Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Nice interview (in German) with Jonker:

Jim_S
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion