You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 pm

According to SPORT BILD online, Bayern are negotiating with defensive midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, the 29 year old captain of Zenit St. Petersburg.

Club manager Uli Hoeneß said yesterday: “It could be that we complete something in the next few days before the end of the transfer period.

“The transfer pot we have available has also changed and we’ll use it” he added.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

This would be the perfect signing , just what we need !
Lets hope that Hoeness can pull this off .
He's a strong player that will cost us around 20 million maybe a bit less but he's worth every penny !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 pm

If we get another central mid then I see no reason for Van Bommel to stay captain, therefore demanding a starting place. I feel good about Borowski, and I'm sure Ze will be able to contribute this season as well. An excellent "#6" is definitely needed, but not at the expense of Borowski or Ze being in the team. I'd rather see another striker or attacking mid, if Van Bommel is going to stay captain.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Another defensive midfielder! I don't agree. We have Borowski, Ottl, Ze Roberto, Van Bommel (although most of the time is unavailable). I think 4 (3) are enough for that position.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

mackoy wrote:Another defensive midfielder! I don't agree. We have Borowski, Ottl, Ze Roberto, Van Bommel (although most of the time is unavailable). I think 4 (3) are enough for that position.

Only Ottl is a DM the others are not and this position is our biggest weakness especially when we will play quality teams in the champions league
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby elcalifornio » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Does the transfer window close at midnight on Friday night or on the 1st of September?
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:58 pm

elcalifornio wrote:Does the transfer window close at midnight on Friday night or on the 1st of September?

It closes on Monday 1st of September at 23:59:59 to be precise . :lol:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:02 am

MrLinky wrote:
elcalifornio wrote:Does the transfer window close at midnight on Friday night or on the 1st of September?

It closes on Monday 1st of September at 23:59:59 to be precise . :lol:

It should close at August 31st at 23:59:59, but the DFB and DFL have given an extension of 1 day. Which basically means that anyone who's trying to hold out for an offer in a better league might see that the deadline for that league has expired and opts for Bayern :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:16 am

FCBinNYC wrote:If we get another central mid then I see no reason for Van Bommel to stay captain, therefore demanding a starting place. I feel good about Borowski, and I'm sure Ze will be able to contribute this season as well. An excellent "#6" is definitely needed, but not at the expense of Borowski or Ze being in the team. I'd rather see another striker or attacking mid, if Van Bommel is going to stay captain.

I dont think you're right , I dont think a possible arrival of Tymoshcuk would mean that VB wouldnt have a starting place anymore or would lose the captaincy .
Exactly the opposite is the case in my opinion .
Its a fact Im pretty sure we all agree on that Van Bommel made the best
games of his career back in the days at PSV Eindhoven where he had
a typical #6 ( Johan Vogel ) behind him securing it all up .
Thats the system PSV used to play , and with this system they made
it to the semi-final of the champions league and had Milan on the verge of a defeat ( Milan made it to the final on the away-goals rule if Im not mistaken , please correct me if Im wrong :) ) .

Im pretty sure a Tymoshcuk transfer would benefit VB too , he would have
a bit more freedom and would be able to focus a bit more on the offense .
As for Ze , he's already 34 , everybody knows that he's not gonna be able
to play Bundesliga/Champions league , twice a week .
My guess is he'll play the role that Scholl played on the last years of his career . He'll be the joker in the second half , if the game isnt goin our way .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Good point, PSV were agonizingly close that season. I'm just really sick of Van Bommel, though. I think Borowski is just all around better, him and a #6 would be optimal.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Spox and Sport1 have a satement from Rummenige that says that Bayern are done with the transfers and are only going to consider a further transfer in the January window if they deem it necessary :lol: :evil: :shock: :roll:

The worst transfer summer in Bayern Munich history is therefore over.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 pm

It's not quite been the worst, I think it was worse when we lost Ballack, Ze, and Paulo Guerrero and bought Van Buyten a few years back! :? :lol:
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Its the Hoeness arrogance that really bothers me. They spend tons of money a year ago and then hire a new coach for this supposed "new direction", but they see no need to improve a team that is supposed to contend in the champions league? I was actually excited because I thought there was a plan behind the Jansen sale that was more than just a short-sited stop-gap, but there isn't. It's back to the old overly conservative atiquated way of running things. They will get new players in the winter but only because they will be forced to; just like last summer. I would understand it if they said that finances and the Bundesliga titel are the only priorties they have, but they talk about top 5 in europe and the champions league :lol: :lol: Its a joke.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:25 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Good point, PSV were agonizingly close that season. I'm just really sick of Van Bommel, though. I think Borowski is just all around better, him and a #6 would be optimal.

VB has been starting to go to the psychologist ( Philipp Laux ) that
Klinsmann hired in his staff so hopefully he'll profit from that .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:33 pm

elcalifornio wrote:Its the Hoeness arrogance that really bothers me. They spend tons of money a year ago and then hire a new coach for this supposed "new direction", but they see no need to improve a team that is supposed to contend in the champions league? I was actually excited because I thought there was a plan behind the Jansen sale that was more than just a short-sited stop-gap, but there isn't. It's back to the old overly conservative atiquated way of running things. They will get new players in the winter but only because they will be forced to; just like last summer. I would understand it if they said that finances and the Bundesliga titel are the only priorties they have, but they talk about top 5 in europe and the champions league :lol: :lol: Its a joke.

100 % agree !
They first have to get crushed in the champions league
to realize that they still need to invest in this team , to really be competetive at the highest levels .
Its not gonna work with the likes of Lell and Ottl when you're
up against Chelsea and co.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion