You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ali Karimi

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Should magath give more chances to Karimi ?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 19

Ali Karimi

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:35 am

Bayern Munich President Franz Beckenbauer expressed deep scepticism on Monday as to whether Ali Karimi will have a future at the German Bundesliga club beyond this season.

Asked in an interview with the bi-weekly kicker sports magazine whether Karimi and his Paraguayan teammate Julio dos Santos will ever make it at Bayern, Beckenbauer replied, "It will be hard for them."
Pointing to Karimi's playing days in the United Arab Emirates prior to his signing at Bayern, Beckenbauer pointed out that the slow paced Arab football style made it difficult for Karimi to earn a permanent spot on Bayern Munich's starting formation.

The media reported earlier that Bayern won't extend Karimi's contract at the end of this Bundesliga season.

The 27-year-old Karimi who has yet to score this season, has mainly languished on Bayern's reserve bench.

Bayern coach Felix Magath who had great hopes for Karimi when he signed him in 2005, has been frustrated by the Iranian player's unwillingness to learn the German language in a bid to be able to adjust better within the team.
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DemmahoM » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 am

Yea I think we should get rid of Karimi, he's clearly not up to Bayern standards.
DemmahoM
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern_rox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:43 pm

I think loaning him out for one season would be a better idea....He hasnt played enough for bayern ....Maybe a spell in Austria could bring his confidence back.....And Karimi please learn some german :x
bayern_rox
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:04 pm

No Point,
He has skills. But as Franz pointed out, he has ZERO pace and will not fit into Bayern.

So, get rid of him... and what's with Dos Santos. Is he a failure too? I think we should give him somre more time.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby dracus » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:24 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:No Point,
He has skills. But as Franz pointed out, he has ZERO pace and will not fit into Bayern.

So, get rid of him... and what's with Dos Santos. Is he a failure too? I think we should give him somre more time.

We need not get rid of him until someone makes a great bid.Dos santos is a real talent.Those stupid bayern authorites dont know how to nurture south american talents.He has scored 34 goals in one season of 70 app. i remember.Perhaps loan him to a good club where he can really show his skills
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:56 am

Part of me thinks that Bayern should loan him out, but another part of me, a big part actually, says he should hit the road.

I do have a question about Karimi learning the language. Is he really unwilling to learn the language or is that their impression? The reason why I'm saying this is because going from the Farsi/Persian language to German is not an easy task. Some folks can learn a language easily while others it takes time, a lot of time for some. I'm wondering if he's simply having trouble learning and not the refusing to learn part. However, I would assume that he has a translator and he might be too dependent on them. If this is the case then shame on him.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:27 pm

From what I heard he wasn't taking any lessons until a few days before the first press release came out some time ago saying they're disappointed that he hasn't learned the language.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:18 pm

MUTU wrote:From what I heard he wasn't taking any lessons until a few days before the first press release came out some time ago saying they're disappointed that he hasn't learned the language.

If that's the case then it's a little too late for him. The damage has been done.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Der Kaiserin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Karimi should be world class player but.... he are asia footballer........ and I think he should leave for his good future.......
Der Kaiserin
Getting the hang of it

Ali Karimi

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 am

Just have a look here ..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GRCvqNUqMfM
and post if you think that karimi should be given more chances..
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:21 am

I personally think that the player is gifted.. This season he didnt prove that but he didnt have any chances given by the coach ..
We should work with him a little more .
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:23 pm

his tehnique is great
dont understand why magath doesnt give him more chances, he can play well as a playmaker
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:35 pm

no doubt he is gifted.

But I think, the actual problem is his attitude. he had problems with his national team too. and he is highly inconsistent.

I really like the goal he scored in CL last year.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 pm

i think beckenbaur summed him up... quick feet... slow legs!

he's definately gifted, but more suited for a slower league (italy perhaps)
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:57 pm

It's Magath's fault. This guy has got talent, and Magath doesn't know how to use it well. It's true that he lacks speed, but he makes it up with technique... better to have someone who can hold well onto the ball, than someone who runs fast but loses the ball easily. Now, if he lacks pace, who on Earth does Magath generally play him on the flanks? Everyone knows that you play fast players on the flanks. If he lacks pace, he's never going to look good on the flanks. He needs to be dead in the middle, and when he played there he developed a good partnership with Demichelis.

I'm still baffled at how we're going to let such a talent leave from under our noses. If we do, I'm sure we'll regret it in future.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion