You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alexander Baumjohann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Alexander Baumjohann

Postby shwas55 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Bayern Munich Eye Gladbach Talent Baumjohann

The Süddeutsche Zeitung have reported that the Bavarian giants are considering a move for the 21 year old attacking midfielder.
Baumjohann made a good impression during the clash between the two sides back in November and manager Uli Hoeness is eyeing a move for him.
The former Schalke youngster has been mainly used as a substitute by the Fohlen this season, but Bayern apparently see talent in him, and could be set to swoop.
“Yes we are considering him” Uli Hoeness told the Süddeutsche Zeitung.
Any move for Baumjohann could see the Toni Kroos be loaned out to gain more first team experience.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Alexander Baumjohann

Postby walter » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:02 pm

he scored a very good goal against Werder, other than that I know nothing else about him...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shwas55 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:47 pm

walter wrote:he scored a very good goal against Werder, other than that I know nothing else about him...

From the few matches i saw him play he is very similar to Kroos with a little more speed, so i really dont understand this move (if true),in my opinion we should go for Marin instead.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Yea he is a similar kind of player like Kroos , but a bit older - he's 21 - and not as talented as Kroos , and his contract runs out at the end of the season (we all know how much Ulli and co. like players that dont cost us a transfer fee).You have one of the biggest midfield talents in Europe in your squad and cant give him enough playing time , but then go for another young guy that plays the same position - a position that doesnt exist in our current system - and that isnt able to secure a place for himself in the starting XI at Monchengladbach.Sometimes I really dont know what's going on in the mind of Ulli , Rummenigge , Breitner and Co. :roll:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:09 pm

WE DON`T NEED HIM!!! We need to develop Kroos.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 am

MrLinky wrote:Sometimes I really dont know what's going on in the mind of Ulli , Rummenigge , Breitner and Co. :roll:

They are cheap thats what, look at the evidence We need a Dm for like 2 years now its so obvious and they are still trying to fight it, we needed RB to replace Jensen they got for free a 32 years old Milan reject who since he came to the team got no more than 5 crosses right.
They are really starting to piss me off. :evil: :evil:
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 pm

I think a much more likely explanation to this is that it's FAKE, not that Uli and co. are cheap. They can be, but Baumjohann? Really? No need to get all riled up about something that probably has no base in reality.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I think a much more likely explanation to this is that it's FAKE, not that Uli and co. are cheap. They can be, but Baumjohann? Really? No need to get all riled up about something that probably has no base in reality.

Lets hope you're right , but it wouldnt be the first time they make a senseless transfer and get a totally unnecessary player like Hashemian , Thiam , Niko Kovac , Schlaudraff , Karimi and others.Although I do think Karimi helped us in making Bayern more popular in Asia , but that was his only contribution really.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I think Schlaudraff was a great move, except to Hitzfeld he was non existant.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 am

baumjo... WHO??? No, we shouldn't get some worthless player who will just walk in the way of our stars and complain about playing time.

We need real good players who can help us with the Champions league. I'd MUCH rather have one awesome superplayer, than 20 good players.
Last edited by SilentStrike on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 am

It's been getting quiet on him and Bayern lately.I hope it stays that way , we got enough young talented players needing playing time - but not getting it.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Sabik » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:01 pm

I don't understand that thing .. I mean,maybe he doesn't play too bad but for me it makes no sense at all because I would prefer Toni Kroos instead of Baumjohann.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 pm

shwas55 wrote:
MrLinky wrote:Sometimes I really dont know what's going on in the mind of Ulli , Rummenigge , Breitner and Co. :roll:

They are cheap thats what, look at the evidence We need a Dm for like 2 years now its so obvious and they are still trying to fight it, we needed RB to replace Jensen they got for free a 32 years old Milan reject who since he came to the team got no more than 5 crosses right.
They are really starting to piss me off. :evil: :evil:

I agree with you, we need a DM.. since we had such a hard time at the start of this season with our lack of defence. also, I`ve never been convinced with Lucio.. so, we need to replace him next season with a (big name).
but I disagree with you in Oddo`s point. yeah, he`s not (great) but he was better than Lell (IMO) :D
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:12 am

Miss Dangerous wrote:he`s not (great) but he was better than Lell (IMO) :D

Its relatively easy being better than Lell , even a crippled Sagnol would be better than him.To be fair to him he's a solid back-up but thats it , on a good day he might not do a decisive mistake during the match , but he's not gonna win it for you either.He's a "follower" , not a "leader" or a "winner" , he's the prototype of a mediocre Bundesliga player.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Hoeneß: "Wir sind an Baumjohann interessiert und werden in den nächsten Tagen darüber nachdenken und Entscheidungen treffen. Bei Timoschtschuk liegt es allein am Spieler."

Translated:"We are interested in Baumjohann and we're gonna think about him these days and make a decision.With Tymoshchuk its a different deal , its only the player's decision."

http://www.tz-online.de/de/sport/fcbayern/artikel_56606.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion