You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alexander Baumjohann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alexander Baumjohann

Postby likma » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Jorge wrote:
likma wrote:Anyone has his goal against werder? I heard it was great.

It's the third goal of the match, Gladbach is wearing white.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1541243/
Thanks. :)
likma
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Alex is making himself popular in Munchen before even arriving there , nice goal against Hoffenheim.Looked a bit like a Juninho shot. 8)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

MrLinky wrote:Alex is making himself popular in Munchen before even arriving there , nice goal against Hoffenheim.Looked a bit like a Juninho shot. 8)

Saw that, he really is trying to help us win the title before he even arrives =D> =D>, great match BTW M'gladbach VS Hoffenheim
Last edited by shwas55 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Baumjohann's goal against Hoffenheim

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/baum ... hoffenheim
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:36 pm

great goal. too bad wwellington scores in last minute though. but anyways, hoffenheim lost two points and thats great.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shwas55 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:33 pm

another great goal by Baumjohann, he scored it today against Hannover

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/baum ... s-hannover
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:12 pm

shwas55 wrote:another great goal by Baumjohann, he scored it today against Hannover

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/baum ... s-hannover

Yeah, I have a question- CAN BAUMJOHANN score non-beauty goals? :D I guess not :D Every goal he scores is among matchdays/seasons best goals :D

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:16 am

Looks like he might become a more serious option to challenge our CM's at ROM for a starting place , than everybody was expecting him to.He certainly can hit the ball well.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:06 am

Baumjohann gets the call U21 national team for the first time.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 04013.html
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby mattie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:36 pm

i hope this guy will get a chance at bayern ... cos like we see now we have TOP MID's for next season
Tymoschuk ,MVB play at same position as DM's and Ottl is our 3rd choice as a DM , but it's maybe a klinsman systemm with 2 DM's but that means than there is no place for Ze cause he plays as a attackin defensive mid player this season [he is the only 1 in the world who can play that position tho :p] Ribery , cant replace nobody so dont talk about left position than , and in the right there is already a fight for that position schweini , Altintop , and the reborned SOSA , who is playin very well the last game he got on ...and than we have and borowski there? who can play like every position in midelfield,so im very happy there will have everybody to fight for it's position next season , but can this dude play in the same level like others when even the others will have to fight for a starting place
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Alexander Baumjohann

Postby macturner » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

What are everyone's opinion of Baumjohann thus far?

Van Gaal has been playing him quite a bit in the front diamond that we expect Ribery to take over but Baumjohann has been good. For anyone that has been watching the friendlies do you agree? He hasn't been on the scoresheet but he is making a good fluid front line with his passing, real playmaker in development. Good purchase Hoeness.
macturner
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Baumjohann

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I absolutely love what i have seen of him playing so far. Thats why i suggested a diamond where both Ribery and Baumjohann can play rather than one subbing in for the other. I think that would give us the necessary creativity that has been lacking the past season.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Don't think a diamond-midfield with the two of them is gonna happen. A formation that would be suitable for both of them to play in would be the 4-2-2-2 we played last season, with Tymoshchuk and van Bommel securing it up down the middle.

Moreover, I don't really share your optimism and enthusiasm regarding Baumjohann so far. He has been decent, but nothing more than that, has to improve his performances if he really wants a place as a regular starter. Sosa has been better in my opinion until this point.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby macturner » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 am

After the more recent matches I would have to agree. Baumjohann's one role is going to be the top of the diamond but that will Ribery's spot. Baumjohann will not be first in line to sub into that spot. Sosa has been decent, and Muller as well has played well in that role.

Baumjohann not necessarily on the decline but he is still young and time to improve. Best thing is I see potential and I think thats what the Board saw as well.
macturner
Getting the hang of it

Postby shileno » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:27 am

He really surprised me. He plays very good and the make a good combination with Sosa. With Ribery as our playmaker, I guess he can replace Altintop as RM :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion